RemedySpot.com

Oregon Health Plan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I registered about 11 years ago and got my Medicaid (OHP) number. However, I quickly learned that they do not cover chiropractic services... I was told that it falls below the line of services that are considered "essential". Jamey Dyson, DCOn Feb 23, 2012, at 12:17 PM, neroco2@... wrote:

Greetings:Anyone out there participating on OHP?If so, what did you do to get on it?I have a few patients asking about it.Thanks.Neil R. Cohen, D.C.Dundee Chiropractic

That is about to change dear colleagues…Senate Bill 1580 passed off the House Floor today and is on its way to the Governor’s office for his signature……this deals with OHP/Medicaid as well as Medicare patients who’s care will be administered via Oregon’s unique coming “Coordinated Care Organizations” with the “Medical Home Model” as its center piece. Our very key non-discrimination language will include us as a profession not as a “service” which means spinal manipulation/adjustments only……if the service is covered within our scope and we provide it, it is covered and we our reimbursed the same as any other provider……we did good at the capitol today…a long day but very good for us….Vern Saboe From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Jamey DysonSent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:32 PMneroco2@...Cc: Subject: Re: Oregon Health Plan I registered about 11 years ago and got my Medicaid (OHP) number. However, I quickly learned that they do not cover chiropractic services... I was told that it falls below the line of services that are considered " essential " . Jamey Dyson, DC On Feb 23, 2012, at 12:17 PM, neroco2@... wrote: Greetings: Anyone out there participating on OHP? If so, what did you do to get on it? I have a few patients asking about it. Thanks. Neil R. Cohen, D.C.Dundee Chiropractic

That's what I tell people also! skSunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com drjdyson1@...; neroco2@...CC: From: caughlindrc@...Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:42:12 +0000Subject: RE: Oregon Health Plan

I always tell the patients that inquire about OHP is tha,t I accept them but they do not accept me!Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554CC: To: neroco2@...From: drjdyson1@...Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:31:59 -0800Subject: Re: Oregon Health Plan

I registered about 11 years ago and got my Medicaid (OHP) number. However, I quickly learned that they do not cover chiropractic services... I was told that it falls below the line of services that are considered "essential". Jamey Dyson, DCOn Feb 23, 2012, at 12:17 PM, neroco2@... wrote:

Greetings:Anyone out there participating on OHP?If so, what did you do to get on it?I have a few patients asking about it.Thanks.Neil R. Cohen, D.C.Dundee Chiropractic