RemedySpot.com

Re: Vit D on trial

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good article Chuck! I have gotten great results with VitD myself, I keep my blood level between 60-80 ng/ml and I no longer suffer from seasonal effective disorder and have not had a single cold or flew in 3 years. Of course, I am recommending that my patients get tested and supplement as well.

M Kalb MS DCAuthor of Winning at Aging www.winningataging.com Wellness Chiropractor and Health Coachwww.DrKalb.com 541.488.3001

On Mar 12, 2012, at 7:25 AM, Chuck Simpson, DC wrote:

Vitamin D on TrialPrevention trials for vitamins and supplements are notoriously difficult, but some researchers aren’t giving up on finding proof that vitamin D helps ward off disease.

http://the-scientist.com/2012/03/01/vitamin-d-on-trial/ A. Simpson, DC | Vice President, Medical Director

The CHP Group | Smart Solutions. Healthy Results.Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on LinkedIn | www.chpgroup.com

csimpson@... 503-619-2041 O | 503-367-0872 C6600 SW 105th Ave, Ste 115 | Beaverton, OR 97008

Guest guest

It is hysterical to me that 'they' keep trying to 'prove' vit D is effective ....... having done a vit D lliterature study over the last 3 years, it appears that everybody but the AMA and Big Pharma understand the need for and the effectiveness of vit D ...... Guess Rule # 5 in 'good research marketing' reads: "No matter what, keep planting that seed of 'doubt'. Sunny Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com CC: To: csimpson@...From: drjohnkalb@...Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:10:08 -0700Subject: Re: Vit D "on trial"

Good article Chuck! I have gotten great results with VitD myself, I keep my blood level between 60-80 ng/ml and I no longer suffer from seasonal effective disorder and have not had a single cold or flew in 3 years. Of course, I am recommending that my patients get tested and supplement as well.

M Kalb MS DCAuthor of Winning at Aging www.winningataging.com Wellness Chiropractor and Health Coachwww.DrKalb.com 541.488.3001

Vitamin D on TrialPrevention trials for vitamins and supplements are notoriously difficult, but some researchers aren’t giving up on finding proof that vitamin D helps ward off disease.

http://the-scientist.com/2012/03/01/vitamin-d-on-trial/ A. Simpson, DC | Vice President, Medical Director

The CHP Group | Smart Solutions. Healthy Results.Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on LinkedIn | www.chpgroup.com

csimpson@... 503-619-2041 O | 503-367-0872 C6600 SW 105th Ave, Ste 115 | Beaverton, OR 97008

Guest guest

Yes, "planting the seeds of doubt" has been a powerful scientific tactic to keep certain industries going, while suppressing the scientific truth. One of the greatest examples is the cigarette industry which created teams of scientists to do studies which created an element of doubt as to the dangers of smoking. It allowed Big Tobacco to continue selling it's carcinogenic products for decades before the truth began to finally prevail. This is all explained in great detail in the book "The Secret History of the War on Cancer" by Devra Lee . Understanding this tactic and others used by big industry helps one realize how the scientific literature can be deceptively influenced.Jamey Dyson, DCOn Mar 12, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Sunny Kierstyn wrote:

It is hysterical to me that 'they' keep trying to 'prove' vit D is effective ....... having done a vit D lliterature study over the last 3 years, it appears that everybody but the AMA and Big Pharma understand the need for and the effectiveness of vit D ...... Guess Rule # 5 in 'good research marketing' reads: "No matter what, keep planting that seed of 'doubt'. Sunny Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com CC: To: csimpson@...From: drjohnkalb@...Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:10:08 -0700Subject: Re: Vit D "on trial"

Guest guest

, please share with us the vit D product you use and where you get convenient testing. I am suspicious that I too could use more D. Last week(on the one sunny PDX day) I worked in the yard with my shirt off for an hour or so and felt great. R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818----- Re: Vit D "on trial"Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:10:08 -0700

M Kalb MS DC

Author of Winning at Aging

www.winningataging.com Wellness Chiropractor and Health Coachwww.DrKalb.com 541.488.3001

Vitamin D on Trial

Prevention trials for vitamins and supplements are notoriously difficult, but some researchers aren’t giving up on finding proof that vitamin D helps ward off disease.

http://the-scientist.com/2012/03/01/vitamin-d-on-trial/

A. Simpson, DC | Vice President, Medical DirectorThe CHP Group | Smart Solutions. Healthy Results.

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on LinkedIn | www.chpgroup.com csimpson@... 503-619-2041 O | 503-367-0872 C6600 SW 105th Ave, Ste 115 | Beaverton, OR 97008

____________________________________________________________60-Year-Old Mom Looks 27Mom Reveals Free Wrinkle Trick That Has Angered Doctors!ConsumerLifestyles.org

Guest guest

Ron - The most cost effective way I have found to test for VitD here in Ashland is through Life Extension Foundation (LEF.org), which has a contract with LabCorp and the cost is only about $37. They also have massively complete panels for men and women including major hormones. The best D I have found is from Biotics: "Bio-D-Mulsion Forte," which has 2000 iu per drop. I personally need 5 drops to stay in optimal zone because of absorption problems. That dose is safe if you periodically retest and titrate.Good luck!

On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:36 AM, drjohansen@... wrote:, please share with us the vit D product you use and where you get convenient testing. I am suspicious that I too could use more D. Last week(on the one sunny PDX day) I worked in the yard with my shirt off for an hour or so and felt great. R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818----- Re: Vit D "on trial"Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:10:08 -0700 Good article Chuck! I have gotten great results with VitD myself, I keep my blood level between 60-80 ng/ml and I no longer suffer from seasonal effective disorder and have not had a single cold or flew in 3 years. Of course, I am recommending that my patients get tested and supplement as well.

M Kalb MS DC

www.winningataging.com Wellness Chiropractor and Health Coachwww.DrKalb.com 541.488.3001

Vitamin D on Trial

Prevention trials for vitamins and supplements are notoriously difficult, but some researchers aren’t giving up on finding proof that vitamin D helps ward off disease.

http://the-scientist.com/2012/03/01/vitamin-d-on-trial/ A. Simpson, DC | Vice President, Medical DirectorThe CHP Group | Smart Solutions. Healthy Results.Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on LinkedIn | www.chpgroup.com csimpson@... 503-619-2041 O | 503-367-0872 C6600 SW 105th Ave, Ste 115 | Beaverton, OR 97008

____________________________________________________________60-Year-Old Mom Looks 27Mom Reveals Free Wrinkle Trick That Has Angered Doctors!ConsumerLifestyles.org

Guest guest

All, Through a very thorough literature search I've been conducting on Vitamin D over the last 3 years, more and more are admitting that, as an adult, it is 'virtually impossible' to OD on vitamin D. As you most likely have h eard, our dear Null took it upon himself to 'find' a toxic level and he did .... but it literally took "a million units/day to create that toxicity. The 10K we seem to need here is a drop in THAT bucket! SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com CC: csimpson@...; To: drjohansen@...From: drjohnkalb@...Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:47:58 -0700Subject: Re: Vit D "on trial"

Ron - The most cost effective way I have found to test for VitD here in Ashland is through Life Extension Foundation (LEF.org), which has a contract with LabCorp and the cost is only about $37. They also have massively complete panels for men and women including major hormones. The best D I have found is from Biotics: "Bio-D-Mulsion Forte," which has 2000 iu per drop. I personally need 5 drops to stay in optimal zone because of absorption problems. That dose is safe if you periodically retest and titrate.Good luck!

On Mar 12, 2012, at 9:36 AM, drjohansen@... wrote:, please share with us the vit D product you use and where you get convenient testing. I am suspicious that I too could use more D. Last week(on the one sunny PDX day) I worked in the yard with my shirt off for an hour or so and felt great. R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818----- Re: Vit D "on trial"Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:10:08 -0700 Good article Chuck! I have gotten great results with VitD myself, I keep my blood level between 60-80 ng/ml and I no longer suffer from seasonal effective disorder and have not had a single cold or flew in 3 years. Of course, I am recommending that my patients get tested and supplement as well.

M Kalb MS DC

Vitamin D on Trial

http://the-scientist.com/2012/03/01/vitamin-d-on-trial/ A. Simpson, DC | Vice President, Medical DirectorThe CHP Group | Smart Solutions. Healthy Results.Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Follow us on LinkedIn | www.chpgroup.com csimpson@... 503-619-2041 O | 503-367-0872 C6600 SW 105th Ave, Ste 115 | Beaverton, OR 97008