RemedySpot.com

Epsom Salt baths

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi,

I want to try these baths for my sons. Does anyone know how much salt I put in the bath? I know not to let them drink the water. Also, does anyone know where I go to have my children tested for mercury?, and is the testing covered under insurance?

thanks,

chris

Hi I put about 1/2 cup of salts in the bath. My son is about 65 lbs.

From what I understand it is difficult to test "for mercury". Most people begin with a hair test.

What is significant is not how much mercury shows up in the hair, but how much doesn't. That would indicate thatv your child is not detoxing themselves of mercury.

If you want more specific help try abmd or autismmercury@... both sites have tons of members and archives to look in.

Best, Kathie

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

This was sent to me from a patient for whom I recommended Epsom Salt baths. It's information I didn't know and wanted to pass along to the list.Joan Schultze, DCLake OswegoEpsom Salt BathI hardly know anybody who are not familiar with Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate, a naturally occurring mineral).But did you know that it is more than just a purgative? Epsom salts taken as a bath promotes perspiration and draws acidic wastes - mainly uric acid - through the pores of the skin. This all helps to relieve pain.It is also very beneficial as a stress reducer and can even ward off a cold or the flu if taken at the onset of symptoms.How to prepare an Epsom Salt BathSimply add as much as 450g Epsom salts to your bath water. Do not use soap as it will interfere with the action of the salts. Relax for about fifteen minutes in your bath, get out and give yourself a thorough vigorous rub. Avoid becoming chilled. Try to rest for about two hours afterwards. Simple but very effective.If you have arthritic joints you will need to move them as much as possible after an Epsom salts bath to prevent congestion in the joints, which will only aggravate the pain.Caution: If you have high blood pressure or any heart condition you should not have an Epsom salts bath. Elderly or frail people, or those that can hardly move their joints without excruciating pain, should start with a smaller quantity of salts (about 100g - 225g), and gradually increase that as the bath becomes better tolerated.To make the most of your Epsom Salts Bath read my informative article on how to take therapeutic Full Body Baths at home.To obtain the most from a therapeutic herbal body bath apply the following guidelines:Never take a full body bath within two hours after meals. The best time for a hydrotherapy treatment is about three hours after breakfast, which is a luxury most of us can't afford. The best time for most of us is just before retiring in the evening. Water temperature is important. Never start with an extreme. The ideal temperature is one that is agreeable to you, unless giving some particular treatment for effects. Rather increase or decrease the water temperature gradually as needed. Cold baths should be brief and should be avoided during menstruation. Room temperature is also important and there should be good ventilation - but no drafts. As a precaution against taking a cold, especially in winter, always decrease the temperature of the bath before you get out. Atmosphere is also important if you are taking a long, warm, relaxing bath to wash away the day's stress and tension. Take appropriate measures such as soft music, candle light, etc. Rest after a therapeutic herbal body bath is very important as this will add to its beneficial results. Try to lie down for at least an hour, preferably longer, immediately after your bath and keep yourself covered. Try to take a therapeutic bath every three to four days.This article by Di-Di Hoffman appeared in Timeless Herb Secrets. Di-Di is the owner of Bouquet Garni Nursery – South Africa’s Top Potted Herb Growers and Marketers - and Director of the South African Herb Academy.