RemedySpot.com

Honestly, why am I far too often the first guy to suggest an mri might be indicated??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Actually, in all fairness, I need to share the "rest of the story." The rest of the story is that prior to seeing me, he had only seen an M.D. and P.T.'s, so I did the only prudent thing: I "suggested" he talk to his doctor about two mri's, AND strongly suggested that he go see a chiropractor--which he promptly did. And the truth is that the M.D. then told him he didn't need an mri, and the Chiropractor concurred that he absolutely needed not one but two mri's.

G.

Gatti, Gatti, Maier, Sayer, Thayer, & Associates

1781 Liberty St. SE

Salem, OR 97302

1-(800) 289-3443

msmith@...

From: Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:26 PM Subject: Honestly, why am I far too often the first guy to "suggest" an mri might be indicated??

I'm happy for my client who hopefully is going to get some relief, but it's kind of frustrating when I (more frequently than ought to be the case) find myself being the first person after months to "suggest" that an mri might be warranted. A couple weeks ago, I did an intake on a poor guy who for months had been experiencing arm and shoulder problems following mva. I asked him what his doctor said, and he said the doctor told him it could be his shoulder or it could be his neck. I honestly asked him a few questions (he said no one had asked him before), listened to the pop in his shoulder, and "suggested" that for the good of his legal case, he might want to consider talking to his doctor about BOTH a shoulder and a cervical mri, "but I'm not a doctor and I can't recommend care. . . blah blah blah"

So I get the two mri reports back today: (1) Shoulder: "Full-thickness tear of the supraspinatus tendon without tendon retraction;" (2) Cervical: "Mild right paracentral herniated nucleus pulposus, 4 mm in diameter, with impingement of the right C5 nerve root."

I hate to nag. But honestly, this happens a lot, and like Chung, American Idol hopeful in Season 3, "I've had no professional training."

G.

Gatti, Gatti, Maier, Sayer, Thayer, & Associates

1781 Liberty St. SE

Salem, OR 97302

1-(800) 289-3443

msmith@...