RemedySpot.com

House Joint Memorial - Chiropractic Services for Our Veterans - Up In Hearing Tomorrow Morning - Watch the Video

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Colleagues, The Oregon Chiropractic Association’s “House Joint Memorial HJM-201” (see attachment) is up for a hearing and possible vote tomorrow morning at 11:00 AM in hearing room “D.” I will be providing testimony as to the rational for the Joint Memorial which is designed to kick the Portland VA Medical Center in the backside do get them to finally implement what Congress instructed them to do by law 10 years ago (2002). To provide full chiropractic benefits to all Veterans, yet they have not hired a full time chiropractic physician at the medical center, nor made chiropractic services readily available at their outpatient clinics nor by referral to our clinics. The OCA has attempted to work with the Portland VA Medical Center to hire a DC since 2008 with little response other than foot dragging. The OCA has lobbied our two US Senators Jeff Merkley and Ron Wyden who will help as well as Congressmen Blumenauer and Schrader and the Governor’s office. We also have members of the Oregon State Legislature ready to help and the OCA is working with the University of Western States VA officials. We have gained huge bipartisan support for our Joint Memorial which is basically the Oregon Legislature 90 elected officials representing 3.8 million Oregonians saying to the Portland VA Medical Director implement chiropractic services NOW!! The OCA will hand deliver the memorial to the “Director” of the Portland VA Medical Center once it passes the Oregon Legislature next month with our Congressional Delegation, the Governor’s representative, members of the Oregon Legislature and officials from the UWS being present for an official discussion on getting going with hiring a DC, opening the teaching hospital to 4th year UWS interns and field doctors, chiropractic services in the VA’s outpatient clinics, and by referral directly to DC’s offices. You can watch me “stand and deliver” (actually I’ll be sitting) tomorrow morning though it will be a very short discussion with hopefully a vote to send it to the House floor for a vote, you can watch by going to this capitol video link, go to; http://wwwleg.state.or.us/index.html Then click on “Audio/Video” then click on “Capitol Hearing Room Video – Hearing room “D” I’m first up on the agenda with the committee scheduled to start at 11:00 AM many times they start a few mins late. To The Continued Good Fight!! Vern Saboe, DC., FACOLobbyist, Oregon Chiropractic AssociationACA Delegate for Oregon541-231-4528 cell call me any time if you have questions!

1 of 1 File(s)

OCA Veterans - Joint Memorial, Jan. 20, 2012.pdf