RemedySpot.com

HERC public comment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

March 2012 Public

Meeting Notice

FYI. I am sure Dr. Saboe has already sent this but I am giving double notice. s.

fuchs dc

http://www.oregon.gov/OHA/OHPR/HERC/index.shtml#HERC_Information

Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee

(EbGS)

March 1, 2012

2:00pm - 5:00pm

Clackamas Community College

ville Training Center,

Room 211

29353 SW Town Center

Loop E, ville, OR 97070

Note: The notice for the

Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee was revised on 2/15/12, in part, in

light of discussion that took place at the 2/9/12 meeting of the Health

Evidence Review Commission.

The Evidence-Based Guidelines Subcommittee

will hold their first meeting on March 1, 2012 from 2:00 pm to approximately

5:00 pm in Room 211 of the Clackamas Community College ville Training

Center in ville. The meeting will begin with introductions,

orientation to the goals of the subcommittee and election of chair and

vice-chair. They will review the process for both the development of

evidence-based guidelines and also coverage guidance for Oregon Health

Authority programs as well as commercial insurers. They will hear

updates on guidelines already under development through the work of the

Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous

interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and continue work on their

development where appropriate. They will also discuss the

prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from those

identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft coverage

guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal request

and the evaluation and management of low back pain.

Public comment is welcome but may be limited due to time constraints.

HERC is now accepting public comment on the

following draft guidelines from February 17 through March 18, 2012:

Advanced

Imaging for Low Back Pain

Percutaneous

Interventions for Low Back Pain

Only comments submitted to HERC.Info@... by the 3/18/12

deadline using this Public

Comment Form will be accepted.

Well actually I had not Sharron so thank you for sending this link to the list serve. I have been appointed to the Evidence-based Guidelines Development Sub-Committee of the “Health Evidence Review Commission” which of course I sit on being the “CAM provider” the Governor appointed. Interestingly I was also asked by OHSU’s Center for Evidence-based Policy to provide “Peer Review” input to their proposed “Advanced Imaging in Low Back Pain Guideline” and the “Percutaneous Interventions” Guideline which I sent in many weeks ago. These are the two guides that the sub-committee are going to address as well as what they are asking for public comment on…in short we be all over it! Cheers, Vern Saboe From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:56 PM Subject: HERC public comment March 2012 Public Meeting NoticeFYI. I am sure Dr. Saboe has already sent this but I am giving double notice. s. fuchs dc http://www.oregon.gov/OHA/OHPR/HERC/index.shtml#HERC_Information Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee (EbGS)March 1, 20122:00pm - 5:00pmClackamas Community Collegeville Training Center, Room 21129353 SW Town Center Loop E, ville, OR 97070Note: The notice for the Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee was revised on 2/15/12, in part, in light of discussion that took place at the 2/9/12 meeting of the Health Evidence Review Commission.The Evidence-Based Guidelines Subcommittee will hold their first meeting on March 1, 2012 from 2:00 pm to approximately 5:00 pm in Room 211 of the Clackamas Community College ville Training Center in ville. The meeting will begin with introductions, orientation to the goals of the subcommittee and election of chair and vice-chair. They will review the process for both the development of evidence-based guidelines and also coverage guidance for Oregon Health Authority programs as well as commercial insurers. They will hear updates on guidelines already under development through the work of the Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and continue work on their development where appropriate. They will also discuss the prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from those identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft coverage guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal request and the evaluation and management of low back pain.Public comment is welcome but may be limited due to time constraints. HERC is now accepting public comment on the following draft guidelines from February 17 through March 18, 2012:Advanced Imaging for Low Back PainPercutaneous Interventions for Low Back Pain Only comments submitted to HERC.Info@... by the 3/18/12 deadline using this Public Comment Form will be accepted.

So this is your committee? : ‘They

will hear updates on guidelines already under development through the work of

the Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous

interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and

continue work on their development where appropriate. They will also

discuss the prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from

those identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft

coverage guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal

request and the evaluation

and management of low back pain. ‘

s. fuchs dc

[mailto:vsaboe@...]

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012

4:12 PM

Sharron Fuchs;

Subject: RE: HERC

public comment

Well actually I had

not Sharron so thank you for sending this link to the list serve. I have

been appointed to the Evidence-based Guidelines Development Sub-Committee of

the “Health Evidence Review Commission” which of course I sit on

being the “CAM provider” the

Governor appointed. Interestingly I was also asked by OHSU’s Center

for Evidence-based Policy to provide “Peer Review” input to their

proposed “Advanced Imaging in Low Back Pain Guideline” and the

“Percutaneous Interventions” Guideline which I sent in many weeks

ago. These are the two guides that the sub-committee are going to address

as well as what they are asking for public comment on…in short we be all

over it!

Cheers,

Vern Saboe

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sharron Fuchs

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012

3:56 PM

Subject: HERC

public comment

March 2012 Public Meeting Notice

FYI. I am sure Dr. Saboe has already sent this but I am giving double notice.

s. fuchs dc

http://www.oregon.gov/OHA/OHPR/HERC/index.shtml#HERC_Information

Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee

(EbGS)

March 1, 2012

2:00pm - 5:00pm

Clackamas Community College

ville Training Center,

Room 211

29353 SW Town Center

Loop E, ville, OR 97070

Note:

The notice for the Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee was revised on

2/15/12, in part, in light of discussion that took place at the 2/9/12

meeting of the Health Evidence Review Commission.

The Evidence-Based Guidelines Subcommittee

will hold their first meeting on March 1, 2012 from 2:00 pm to approximately

5:00 pm in Room 211 of the Clackamas Community College ville Training

Center in ville. The meeting will begin with introductions,

orientation to the goals of the subcommittee and election of chair and

vice-chair. They will review the process for both the development of

evidence-based guidelines and also coverage guidance for Oregon Health

Authority programs as well as commercial insurers. They will hear

updates on guidelines already under development through the work of the

Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous

interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and continue work on their

development where appropriate. They will also discuss the

prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from those

identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft coverage

guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal request

and the evaluation and management of low back pain.

Public comment is welcome but may be limited due to time constraints.

HERC is now

accepting public comment on the following draft guidelines from February 17

through March 18, 2012:

Advanced

Imaging for Low Back Pain

Percutaneous

Interventions for Low Back Pain

Only comments

submitted to HERC.Info@...

by the 3/18/12 deadline using this Public

Comment Form will be accepted.

Yes, my “subcommittee” the “Health Services Commission” no longer exists the new “Health Evidence Review Commission” which the Gov appointed me too takes its place. The now “gone” Health Services Commission produced and finalized the Lower Back Pain Guidelines which we gave input to and that which resulted in these guidelines recommending spinal manipulation as the only non-drug intervention for the first four weeks of an acute episode of lower back pain and our input removed the focus on spinal surgery for radiculopathy and stenosis in favor of continued aggressive conservative care if there is no quickly progressing neurologic deficits! Pretty darn cool considering what the initial first draft said released in May of last year….VernFrom: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:15 PM Subject: RE: HERC public comment So this is your committee? : ‘They will hear updates on guidelines already under development through the work of the Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and continue work on their development where appropriate. They will also discuss the prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from those identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft coverage guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal request and the evaluation and management of low back pain. ‘ s. fuchs dc From: vsaboe [mailto:vsaboe@...] Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:12 PMSharron Fuchs; Subject: RE: HERC public comment Well actually I had not Sharron so thank you for sending this link to the list serve. I have been appointed to the Evidence-based Guidelines Development Sub-Committee of the “Health Evidence Review Commission” which of course I sit on being the “CAM provider” the Governor appointed. Interestingly I was also asked by OHSU’s Center for Evidence-based Policy to provide “Peer Review” input to their proposed “Advanced Imaging in Low Back Pain Guideline” and the “Percutaneous Interventions” Guideline which I sent in many weeks ago. These are the two guides that the sub-committee are going to address as well as what they are asking for public comment on…in short we be all over it! Cheers, Vern Saboe From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:56 PM Subject: HERC public comment March 2012 Public Meeting NoticeFYI. I am sure Dr. Saboe has already sent this but I am giving double notice. s. fuchs dc http://www.oregon.gov/OHA/OHPR/HERC/index.shtml#HERC_Information Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee (EbGS)March 1, 20122:00pm - 5:00pmClackamas Community Collegeville Training Center, Room 21129353 SW Town Center Loop E, ville, OR 97070Note: The notice for the Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee was revised on 2/15/12, in part, in light of discussion that took place at the 2/9/12 meeting of the Health Evidence Review Commission.The Evidence-Based Guidelines Subcommittee will hold their first meeting on March 1, 2012 from 2:00 pm to approximately 5:00 pm in Room 211 of the Clackamas Community College ville Training Center in ville. The meeting will begin with introductions, orientation to the goals of the subcommittee and election of chair and vice-chair. They will review the process for both the development of evidence-based guidelines and also coverage guidance for Oregon Health Authority programs as well as commercial insurers. They will hear updates on guidelines already under development through the work of the Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and continue work on their development where appropriate. They will also discuss the prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from those identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft coverage guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal request and the evaluation and management of low back pain.Public comment is welcome but may be limited due to time constraints. HERC is now accepting public comment on the following draft guidelines from February 17 through March 18, 2012:Advanced Imaging for Low Back PainPercutaneous Interventions for Low Back Pain Only comments submitted to HERC.Info@... by the 3/18/12 deadline using this Public Comment Form will be accepted.

Vern Can you steer me to the actual document that says all thisThanksLonnie DCsharronf@...; From: vsaboe@...Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:31:16 -0800Subject: RE: HERC public comment

Yes, my “subcommittee” the “Health Services Commission” no longer exists the new “Health Evidence Review Commission” which the Gov appointed me too takes its place. The now “gone” Health Services Commission produced and finalized the Lower Back Pain Guidelines which we gave input to and that which resulted in these guidelines recommending spinal manipulation as the only non-drug intervention for the first four weeks of an acute episode of lower back pain and our input removed the focus on spinal surgery for radiculopathy and stenosis in favor of continued aggressive conservative care if there is no quickly progressing neurologic deficits! Pretty darn cool considering what the initial first draft said released in May of last year….VernFrom: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:15 PM Subject: RE: HERC public comment So this is your committee? : ‘They will hear updates on guidelines already under development through the work of the Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and continue work on their development where appropriate. They will also discuss the prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from those identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft coverage guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal request and the evaluation and management of low back pain. ‘ s. fuchs dc From: vsaboe [mailto:vsaboe@...] Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:12 PMSharron Fuchs; Subject: RE: HERC public comment Well actually I had not Sharron so thank you for sending this link to the list serve. I have been appointed to the Evidence-based Guidelines Development Sub-Committee of the “Health Evidence Review Commission” which of course I sit on being the “CAM provider” the Governor appointed. Interestingly I was also asked by OHSU’s Center for Evidence-based Policy to provide “Peer Review” input to their proposed “Advanced Imaging in Low Back Pain Guideline” and the “Percutaneous Interventions” Guideline which I sent in many weeks ago. These are the two guides that the sub-committee are going to address as well as what they are asking for public comment on…in short we be all over it! Cheers, Vern Saboe From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sharron FuchsSent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:56 PM Subject: HERC public comment March 2012 Public Meeting NoticeFYI. I am sure Dr. Saboe has already sent this but I am giving double notice. s. fuchs dc http://www.oregon.gov/OHA/OHPR/HERC/index.shtml#HERC_Information Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee (EbGS)March 1, 20122:00pm - 5:00pmClackamas Community Collegeville Training Center, Room 21129353 SW Town Center Loop E, ville, OR 97070Note: The notice for the Evidence-based Guidelines Subcommittee was revised on 2/15/12, in part, in light of discussion that took place at the 2/9/12 meeting of the Health Evidence Review Commission.The Evidence-Based Guidelines Subcommittee will hold their first meeting on March 1, 2012 from 2:00 pm to approximately 5:00 pm in Room 211 of the Clackamas Community College ville Training Center in ville. The meeting will begin with introductions, orientation to the goals of the subcommittee and election of chair and vice-chair. They will review the process for both the development of evidence-based guidelines and also coverage guidance for Oregon Health Authority programs as well as commercial insurers. They will hear updates on guidelines already under development through the work of the Health Services Commission on imaging for chronic back pain, percutaneous interventions for low back pain and spinal fusion and continue work on their development where appropriate. They will also discuss the prioritization of topics for coverage guidance development from those identified by the Health Evidence Review Commission and review draft coverage guidance on elective induction of labor, cesarean section on maternal request and the evaluation and management of low back pain.Public comment is welcome but may be limited due to time constraints. HERC is now accepting public comment on the following draft guidelines from February 17 through March 18, 2012:Advanced Imaging for Low Back PainPercutaneous Interventions for Low Back Pain Only comments submitted to HERC.Info@... by the 3/18/12 deadline using this Public Comment Form will be accepted.