RemedySpot.com

Portland Neurosurgeon (will be at CAO Convention)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Many years ago, Darell Brett, M.D. began interacting with Oregon chiropractors as referring colleagues. This was back when we chiropractors were total outsiders even though MANY patients saw us first for what ultimately became surgical cases. The marketplace being what it is, other surgeons began to take notice. Of course, more MD’s are hearing positive (and negative) stories from their patients causing them to rethink chiropractic’s value.

http://darrellcbrettmd.com/about/

More recently, Jordi Kellog, M.D. has proven to be a true friend of our profession (ask Dr. Hacmac for a testimonial.)

http://www.kelloggbrainspine.com/

We now welcome another friend of the chiropractic profession in the name of Dr. Warren , M.D. After training at OHSU, Dr. practiced in Boulder, Colorado, developing good relationships with chiropractors. He succumbed to “the Oregon bungee cord affect”- the phenomenon of going to school here, moving to another state to work, and missing the place so much that one has to return.

Dr. launched Aspen Spine and Neurosurgery, (Tualatin, Salem, and Sherwood clinics) in which he specializes in care and management of spinal issues. He points out that he typically follows patient’s care AFTER surgery (not always the case for surgeons, as we know) and has had excellent results with patients who have returned to their chiropractor for post-op care.

Dr. will be one of the vendors at the Oregon Chiropractic Association convention this weekend ( Friday morning; possibly Saturday morning as well). Drop by the Aspen Spine booth and introduce yourself. You don’t need to be a brain surgeon to ask an intelligent question.

I asked Dr. a few questions of my own and his response included the following:

Who’s going to win the Superbowl? (Just kidding.) When is it appropriate to refer to a chiropractor?

Answer: Neck and back pain represent two of the most common reasons individuals seek medical treatment. It is imperative, in the absence of red flags, that conservative treatment is initiated for the vast majority of patients presenting with acute or chronic spine pain. Thus, many patients would benefit from chiropractic therapy upfront.

http://aspenspineandneuro.com/

Warren , M.D.

Neurological Surgeon

Aspen Spine & Neurosurgery Center

6485 SW Borland Road, Suite G

Tualatin, Oregon 97062

(503) 691-9380 office

(503) 691-9381 Fax

E. Abrahamson, D.C.

Chiropractic physician

Lake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic

315 Second Street

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

503-635-6246

I actually called Dr. and got his voicemail. Much to my surprise, he called me back and we chatted about chiropractic and some of the patients that he sees. I think that he can be a friend of the profession. I, for one, would be willing to refer patients to him.

-- Eileen Machida, DC503-893-0125

Dr. Brett at Portland Adventist Hospital has a new partner, Dr.

Huges. I spoke to him at OCAs Blazer night, he actually had a

personality, go figure. He is a neurosurgeon, not a neurologist,

but at least in the right field. He said that he was very

interested in working with us helping our patients.

Ron Grice, DC

Albany, OR

On 2/1/2012 2:02 PM, Eileen Machida wrote:

I actually called Dr. and got his voicemail. Much

to my surprise, he called me back and we chatted about

chiropractic and some of the patients that he sees. I

think that he can be a friend of the profession. I, for

one, would be willing to refer patients to him.

--

Eileen Machida, DC

503-893-0125

I always like talking to Dr. Brett and asking for his opinion, (he works out in the fitness club, my clinic is in) his mind is fast and he pulls no punches, BUT I have recently referred a patient to Dr and have had a couple of conversations with him on the phone. I like what he's doing so far with my patient..... we'll see!!Judith Allan,DCLake Oswego, OROn Feb 1, 2012, at 2:02 PM, Eileen Machida wrote: I actually called Dr. and got his voicemail. Much to my surprise, he called me back and we chatted about chiropractic and some of the patients that he sees. I think that he can be a friend of the profession. I, for one, would be willing to refer patients to him. -- Eileen Machida, DC503-893-0125 Judith E. Allan, DC, PCOregon Natural Health Clinic(Inside Trainer's Club)333 S State Street, V401Lake Oswego, OR 97034503-636-6600OregonNaturalHealthClinic.com

Dr. Brett is a Canadian so of course he pulls no punches!

--

E. Abrahamson, D.C.

Chiropractic physician

Lake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic

315 Second Street

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

503-635-6246

Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:28:50 -0800

Eileen Machida <emblacklab6@...>

Cc: < >

Subject: Re: Re: Portland Neurosurgeon (will be at CAO Convention)

I always like talking to Dr. Brett and asking for his opinion, (he works out in the fitness club, my clinic is in) his mind is fast and he pulls no punches, BUT I have recently referred a patient to Dr and have had a couple of conversations with him on the phone. I like what he's doing so far with my patient..... we'll see!!

Judith Allan,DC

Lake Oswego, OR

On Feb 1, 2012, at 2:02 PM, Eileen Machida wrote:

I actually called Dr. and got his voicemail. Much to my surprise, he called me back and we chatted about chiropractic and some of the patients that he sees. I think that he can be a friend of the profession. I, for one, would be willing to refer patients to him.

--

Eileen Machida, DC

503-893-0125

Judith E. Allan, DC, PC

Oregon Natural Health Clinic

(Inside Trainer's Club)

333 S State Street, V401

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

503-636-6600

OregonNaturalHealthClinic.com