RemedySpot.com

Auto Injury solutions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So who else has been slammed by Wolfe DC who is working (I use this term loosely and am sure other nouns can be inserted) for the above company citing Lang, Haldemand and Croft etc...?? I also see that it is not an actual signature but a rubber stamp of his signature.Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554

Charlie, I have a patient in the office right now who was raped by

this guy, and USAA who uses Auto Injury Solutions. Wolfe III

practices in Medford, OR. So, if anyone there knows him they might

be able to shed light on why he is doing this BS. It is my

understanding that things are ongoing to correct this through a

particularly supportive group of chiropractic friendly attorneys.

Hopefully they can clean this mess up.

I would also think the OBCE could take care of this as well.

Ron

On 1/9/2012 9:21 AM, Charlie Caughlin wrote:

So who else has been slammed by Wolfe DC who is

working (I use this term loosely and am sure other nouns

can be inserted) for the above company citing

Lang, Haldemand and Croft etc...?? I also see that it is

not an actual signature but a rubber stamp of his

signature.

Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC

155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax

541-575-5554

http://www.wellness.com/reviews/1758930/clark-h-wolf-iii-dc-chiropractor

Interesting reviews. You can't believe everything you read on the internet, of course, but a couple of these reviews point to why he might be in bed with the insurance companies and auto claim emasculating companies.

Of course, Dr. Wolf is welcome to come on this list-serve and answer any questions that people may have.

Alan

Creswell Chiropractic

In a message dated 1/9/2012 9:54:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, rongrice@... writes:

Charlie, I have a patient in the office right now who was raped by this guy, and USAA who uses Auto Injury Solutions. Wolfe III practices in Medford, OR. So, if anyone there knows him they might be able to shed light on why he is doing this BS. It is my understanding that things are ongoing to correct this through a particularly supportive group of chiropractic friendly attorneys. Hopefully they can clean this mess up. I would also think the OBCE could take care of this as well.RonOn 1/9/2012 9:21 AM, Charlie Caughlin wrote:

So who else has been slammed by Wolfe DC who is working (I use this term loosely and am sure other nouns can be inserted) for the above company citing Lang, Haldemand and Croft etc...?? I also see that it is not an actual signature but a rubber stamp of his signature.

Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554

Yes, he has clipped me a few times too. He is referring to OCPUG guides produced when Mike Lang was on OBCE.Usually he cuts you off because length of time exceeds guidelines, or you haven't produced sufficient outcomes or progress exams. I've disputed every cut, will have to check my records if my complaints went anywhere.

R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818----- Auto Injury solutionsDate: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:21:15 +0000

So who else has been slammed by Wolfe DC who is working (I use this term loosely and am sure other nouns can be inserted) for the above company citing Lang, Haldemand and Croft etc...?? I also see that it is not an actual signature but a rubber stamp of his signature.

Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554

____________________________________________________________53 Year Old Mom Looks 33The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worriedconsumerproducts.com

If I am reading this series of posts correctly, there are several doctors who are upset that Dr. Wolf is willing to review the documentation submitted in support of services that are billed to an insurance company, and you do not like (or agree with) his opinion. You seem further stressed that he is using the Oregon Chiropractic Practice and Utilization Guidelines (OCPUG) - the state standard - as a basis for his opinion, and that he is finding further support for his positions in the works of Dr. Croft and Dr. Haldemann. The OCPUG has been around since 1991, but not only does the OBCE consider it a standard of care, it is often cited by chiropractors in justification of their treatments.

Treatment that exceeds the OCPUG needs to be explained or justified. By definition continued curative care must be supported with regular re-evaluations and outcomes measurements. If these are lacking, then treatment would not be supported. If this information is available, you should provide it as part of your rebuttal.

It would seem you are condemning the man for having an opinion, apparently a reasoned opinion, that differs from your own that has apparently resulted in care being denied or bills not being paid. It does not follow that the doctor’s opinions are determined by the source of payment. He has provided rationale and resources for his opinions. Since the issue in question appears to pertain to the contractual relationship between your patient and his (or her) insurance carrier, the issue should be addressed as a civil matter between these two parties, drawing on the expertise from both sides.

Why is there such fear of an opinion that differs from your own? As a profession, chiropractic is attempting to further our acceptance by traditional health care, where we can work as a team to better serve the patient. We cannot accomplish that goal if we are poor in our documentation or our clinical approach. The OBCE sent out a memo a few weeks ago describing additional criteria for continuing education, one on boundary issues and ethics, and the other on clinical documentation. These changes were the result of problems that have been seen.

I would suspect that Dr. Wolf believes that in his role as a reviewer he can point out some of the weaknesses, and help correct them. He has been retained as a consultant to help determine what services you performed are supported (by the documentation) as reasonable and necessary to a specific event. If you disagree, show where you have provided the clinical reasoning. Do not get upset because you did not do something you should have done.

"I don't like his opinion. He raped my patient." Name calling or inappropriate uses of figurative speech does not belong in a professional discussion.

This is a problem we have brought upon ourselves, and you channel your anger outward, not inward where you might correct the problem. What is next? “We do not want you to join our group because you graduated from Life, or Northwestern, or Cleveland.†“We will only listen if it is about Activator or nutrition.†“How dare he question my treatment that is not adequately documented?†“Don't even think about discussing that opinion; we are right and he is wrong!â€

There is a story (debunked - but appropriate for illustration) that suggested in 1901 the US Patent Office should close because “everything that can be invented has been invented.†There are at least two sides to every position. You may disagree with someone's opinion, but it remains that, an opinion, and that is something that should not be regulated.

Tom Freedland, DC

>>>

On 1/9/2012 9:21 AM, Charlie Caughlin wrote:

Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC

155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554

>>>

In a message dated 1/9/2012 9:54:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, rongrice@... writes:

Charlie, I have a patient in the office right now who was raped by this guy, and USAA who uses Auto Injury Solutions. Wolfe III practices in Medford, OR. So, if anyone there knows him they might be able to shed light on why he is doing this BS. It is my understanding that things are ongoing to correct this through a particularly supportive group of chiropractic friendly attorneys. Hopefully they can clean this mess up. I would also think the OBCE could take care of this as well.Ron

>>>

In , Creswellchiro@... wrote:

http://www.wellness.com/reviews/1758930/clark-h-wolf-iii-dc-chiropractor

Interesting reviews. You can't believe everything you read on the internet, of course, but a couple of these reviews point to why he might be in bed with the insurance companies and auto claim emasculating companies.

Of course, Dr. Wolf is welcome to come on this list-serve and answer any questions that people may have.

Alan

Creswell Chiropractic

>>>

In , "drjohansen@..." <drjohansen@...> wrote:

Yes, he has clipped me a few times too. He is referring to OCPUG guides produced when Mike Lang was on OBCE.Usually he cuts you off because length of time exceeds guidelines, or you haven't produced sufficient outcomes or progress exams. I've disputed every cut, will have to check my records if my complaints went anywhere.

R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818

I was, a couple of years ago. Patient who was asymptomatic prior to being hit as a pedestrian. Because she had some C spine DJD, he apportioned her care so I was paid 2/3 of charges; he said the remainder was pre-existing.

Janet L Rueger, DCCertified in CraniopathyCertified BodyTalk Practitioner149 Clear Creek Dr., # 105Ashland, OR, 97520541-690-6799bodytalk@...

On Jan 9, 2012, at 9:21 AM, Charlie Caughlin wrote:

So who else has been slammed by Wolfe DC who is working (I use this term loosely and am sure other nouns can be inserted) for the above company citing Lang, Haldemand and Croft etc...?? I also see that it is not an actual signature but a rubber stamp of his signature.Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554

Pertaining to my comments about USAA, AIS, and

their file

reviewer.  Some have felt

that my

comments were a bit harsh.  Yes

they were.  I could have

used language that was more

vulgar, or graphic, but the word I used got the point across.  If anyone thought I meant

that the file

reviewer actually had any type of personal physical contact with

my patient, YOU

CAN’T BE SERIOUS. 

In my personal opinion, the closest contact the

reviewer has

with most of the insureds he cuts off is having sold his signature

to AIS and

USAA for them to rubber stamp his approval of their denial of

care.  Again, I have no

proof of this, but I bet I

am not too far from the truth on that. 

Again, if anyone was offended by my

comment, I am sorry, I

wasn’t insinuating that this reviewer was an actual serial

criminal.  If you are

trying to justify his actions then

maybe I struck a little too close to home.

Ron Grice, DC

Albany, OR

On 1/9/2012 4:32 PM, drjohansen@... wrote:

Yes, he has clipped me a few times too. He is referring

to OCPUG guides produced when Mike Lang was on

OBCE.Usually he cuts you off because length of time

exceeds guidelines, or you haven't produced sufficient

outcomes or progress exams. I've disputed every cut, will

have to check my records if my complaints went anywhere.

R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCO

Chiropractic Life Center

12762 SE Stark Street

Portland Oregon 97233

Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818

----- Auto Injury solutions

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:21:15 +0000

So who else has been slammed by Wolfe

DC who is working (I use this term loosely and am sure

other nouns can be inserted) for the above company

citing Lang, Haldemand and Croft etc...?? I also

see that it is not an actual signature but a rubber

stamp of his signature.

Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC

155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063

fax 541-575-5554

53 Year Old Mom Looks 33

The Stunning Results of

Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried

consumerproducts.com

As mentioned in my original e-mail his signature was rubber stamped! Dr. A Caughlin DC CAC155 NW 1st Ave Day, Or. 97845 office 541-575-1063 fax 541-575-5554drjohansen@...CC: caughlindrc@...; From: rongrice@...Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:01:00 -0800Subject: Re: Auto Injury solutions

Pertaining to my comments about USAA, AIS, and

their file

reviewer. Some have felt

that my

comments were a bit harsh. Yes

they were. I could have

used language that was more

vulgar, or graphic, but the word I used got the point across. If anyone thought I meant

that the file

reviewer actually had any type of personal physical contact with

my patient, YOU

CAN’T BE SERIOUS.

In my personal opinion, the closest contact the

reviewer has

with most of the insureds he cuts off is having sold his signature

to AIS and

USAA for them to rubber stamp his approval of their denial of

care. Again, I have no

proof of this, but I bet I

am not too far from the truth on that.

Again, if anyone was offended by my

comment, I am sorry, I

wasn’t insinuating that this reviewer was an actual serial

criminal. If you are

trying to justify his actions then

maybe I struck a little too close to home.

Ron Grice, DC

Albany, OR

On 1/9/2012 4:32 PM, drjohansen@... wrote:

Yes, he has clipped me a few times too. He is referring

to OCPUG guides produced when Mike Lang was on

OBCE.Usually he cuts you off because length of time

exceeds guidelines, or you haven't produced sufficient

outcomes or progress exams. I've disputed every cut, will

have to check my records if my complaints went anywhere.

R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCO

Chiropractic Life Center

12762 SE Stark Street

Portland Oregon 97233

Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818

----- Auto Injury solutions

Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 17:21:15 +0000

So who else has been slammed by Wolfe

DC who is working (I use this term loosely and am sure

other nouns can be inserted) for the above company

citing Lang, Haldemand and Croft etc...?? I also

see that it is not an actual signature but a rubber