RemedySpot.com

Heel Lifts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Gang,I have a question about heel lifts. If a patient has a confirmed 10mm trochanteric difference from L to R (as measured digitally on x-ray), what would be the corresponding mm heel lift. My options are 3, 5, 7 and 9 mm. I trust this is not a guess but some kind of formula about the amount of deficiency and the appropriate amount of lift.Thank you in advance.Garreth MacEugene

Garreth,I recommend doing a measurement at the sacral base where you figure out how much the sacral base is tipped left or right out over the femur heads. Base your heel lift on that difference, not the height of the femur heads. It's hard to describe how to do the measurement without showing you.Another way to get close is to measure the sacral base to horizontal and however many degrees it is tipped, you double the number for the height of heel lift in mm.Jamey Dyson, DCOn Feb 1, 2012, at 6:27 PM, g macdonald wrote:

Hi Gang,I have a question about heel lifts. If a patient has a confirmed 10mm trochanteric difference from L to R (as measured digitally on x-ray), what would be the corresponding mm heel lift. My options are 3, 5, 7 and 9 mm. I trust this is not a guess but some kind of formula about the amount of deficiency and the appropriate amount of lift.Thank you in advance.Garreth MacEugene