RemedySpot.com

Fw: Time To Shake Medicine's Apple Cart!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear colleagues,

This post is from the Ohio work comp division and I am getting it because of my networking with that state. Specifically they did a significant study/survey of the efficacy as in long term outcomes (horrible) of spinal fusion surgeries in that state which I of course used in my Power Point presenation/testimony at the capital.....

Interesting survey as the literature is already clear that muscle relaxant medications do little if anything except make "big pharma" a great deal of money. The supposed benefits or rather the lack there of, certainly do not out weigh the adverse drug events or side effects of this class of drugs. Our coming work on the Health Evidence Review Commission isn't simply going to be about including the myriad of non-drug or natural remedies that our evidence based and work I assure you via our CAM seat on the Commission the OCA will start scrutinizing the myriad of drug interventions for the sixty most common coniditions the supposed science that supports their use for whatever condition or symptoms which many times are in fact flawed. We will look closely at the side effects and incidence of those adverse events for that particular drug versus it's supposed benefits like oh let me think of an example how about STATINS for that horrible cholesteral the normative levels of which Big Pharma keeps lowering (a.k.a., selling sickness) vesus natural much less invasive means by which to lower cholesteral and increase the HDLs....or how's about hypertension...etc., etc. Medicine Inc., has had their way for so long "Joe Public" just believe without question all the TV drug ads...well as I say time to "shake the apple cart!"

Think I'll complete the survey as a "RD" (real doctor = MD) and tell'em the muscle relaxant meds are POOP ...LOL...

To The Continued Good Fight,

Vern Saboe.............have a great day and...THANK YOU!!! to all you wonderful colleagues who email the "Oregon Health Policy Board" telling them not to allow the "coordinated care organizations" to discriminate against us and all "non-MD" providers!!

Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation Skeletal Muscle Relaxant Survey

Dear BWC Provider:

You are receiving this email because you or someone in your office has contacted BWC in recent years. If you are a BWC provider and prescribe medications, we hope you will answer the brief survey ‘contained in the below link’ to help guide us concerning a research project that is under evaluation.

If you are not a BWC provider, but work in an office with a BWC-certified provider who prescribes medications, please forward this survey to him or her.

We are considering commissioning a study that can provide scientific evidence to indicate whether the use of a skeletal muscle relaxant has any impact on the forces imposed upon the spinal tissues, or if it simply acts as a sedative. If muscle relaxants cannot reduce spine loading, then they impede healing, and return to work does not happen in a timely fashion. This proposed study will use scientific methods to assess the role of muscle relaxants among low-back pain subjects. It will also evaluate asymptomatic subjects. The results will determine whether there is evidence to justify the widespread use of muscle relaxants covered by BWC.

Thank you in advance for providing us your valuable information.

If you have any questions regarding this survey, please reply to this e-mail, or call us at 1-800-OHIOBWC (644-6292).

BELOW IS THE LINK THAT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE WEB SURVEY:

https://www.ohiobwc.com/bwccommon/services/Survey/nlbwc/Default.asp?sid=103

If the above link does not work, please make sure the entire address (including the last three digits (103) are an active hyperlink). You also can copy and paste the address into the address window of your Internet browser.

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to Ohio's public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have received this message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or interception, please delete all copies from your system without disclosing, copying, or transmitting this message.