RemedySpot.com

Throat-Thoracic pain connection?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a 45yo large (ex-bodybuilder type) male, established patient, who

mentioned that when he preses laterally on his trachea, at some point, a shock

of pain shoots back to his T1-T2 vertebrae, midline. No recent trauma, but

months of C-T jct. pain. 6 month old MRI of area is clear.

We practiced this with just the arm held in that position (without contact to

the trachea, to rule out brachial issues) and didn't reproduce pain. Posterior

translation of head/neck relieves. Only hurts when he does this. Of course, I

told him to " stop doing that! "

He reports that it has worsened over the past 2 weeks. Any ideas of neurology

involved? As usual, no insurance, so I'm hesitant to refer early.

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful replies.

Dear Ian Look to the cerviothoracic junction compression. Living on the planet for 4 1/2 decades with gravity, vehicular compression and the settling from walking on concrete, that region can abecome well compacted ... enough to cause the skin andmuscular to buckle into what is commonly known as a buffalo hump or dowager's hump. Release and correction of that will most likely change his symptomatology. And please sign your postings. SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com From: dr.ian.jarman@...Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 23:59:51 +0000Subject: Throat-Thoracic pain connection?

I have a 45yo large (ex-bodybuilder type) male, established patient, who mentioned that when he preses laterally on his trachea, at some point, a shock of pain shoots back to his T1-T2 vertebrae, midline. No recent trauma, but months of C-T jct. pain. 6 month old MRI of area is clear.

We practiced this with just the arm held in that position (without contact to the trachea, to rule out brachial issues) and didn't reproduce pain. Posterior translation of head/neck relieves. Only hurts when he does this. Of course, I told him to "stop doing that!"

He reports that it has worsened over the past 2 weeks. Any ideas of neurology involved? As usual, no insurance, so I'm hesitant to refer early.

Thank you for the replies.  I will retest the active, passive, and resisted neck movements.  I have been adjusting his C-Th area for some time (every 2-6 weeks for about a year, as he is a traveling salesman- vitamix demo's with arms raised all day...)  He has gentle stretches and ergonomic instructions, but is not following through.  He has a cervical Posture Pump, which I have instructed him in the use of, but again, poor compliance....  Will report back after our next visit.

PS. I appologize for not signing my post.  It was made from the website vs. my email, which does it automatically. Dr. Ian Jarman D.C.Family Wellness Chiropractor

Cafe of Life @ Florence, Oregon(541)997-5100www.cafeoflife.com " Live as if your life depends on it " -Werner Erhard

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Sunny Kierstyn <skrndc1@...> wrote:

Dear Ian Look to the cerviothoracic junction compression.   Living on the planet for 4 1/2 decades with gravity, vehicular compression and the settling from walking on concrete, that region can abecome well compacted ... enough to cause the skin andmuscular to buckle into what is commonly known as a buffalo hump or dowager's hump.  Release and correction of that will most likely change his symptomatology.

And please sign your postings.  SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834

www.drsunnykierstyn.com To: From: dr.ian.jarman@...

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 23:59:51 +0000Subject: Throat-Thoracic pain connection?

I have a 45yo large (ex-bodybuilder type) male, established patient, who mentioned that when he preses laterally on his trachea, at some point, a shock of pain shoots back to his T1-T2 vertebrae, midline. No recent trauma, but months of C-T jct. pain. 6 month old MRI of area is clear.

We practiced this with just the arm held in that position (without contact to the trachea, to rule out brachial issues) and didn't reproduce pain. Posterior translation of head/neck relieves. Only hurts when he does this. Of course, I told him to " stop doing that! "

He reports that it has worsened over the past 2 weeks. Any ideas of neurology involved? As usual, no insurance, so I'm hesitant to refer early.