RemedySpot.com

Last Period for Public Comment to the Oregon Health Policy Board on CCOs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, It’s me again!! The “Oregon Health Policy Board” is taking one more round of public input by email at, OHPB.Info@... until 5:00 PM January 18th before the finalize there work on “Coordinated Care Organizations.” Please, please, and one more please! Do what you wonderful colleagues always do, what you have been doing, and have done “follow through” when the profession asks of you. We simply cannot allow the coming Oregon “Coordinated Care Organizations” to be able to discriminate against us and other “integrated” licensed health care providers in addition to MDs and DOs who make up the full spectrum of the provision of healthcare in Oregon e.g. chiropractic and naturopathic physicians, acupuncturists, massage therapists, optometrists, clinical psychologists, audiologists, nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists etc., etc., etc. I and two other members of our “non-MD coalition” DCs, NDs, and acupuncturists presented yesterday in front of the Oregon Health Policy Board and we did well. In the OHPB’s hand out on page 8, “Public Comment Summary” the Board report states, “Over 250 emails were received relating to the importance of including non-discrimination language regarding the use, availability, proper reimbursement, etc. of Naturopathic Doctors, chiropractors, allopaths, and others that fall into the category of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine(CAM).” The public comments were listed in categories as per theme with the number of emails each “theme” or issue received again we had 250 the nearest category number-wise was 38! I say we go for 300! In this round of public comment the hey issue is adding non-discrimination language to the Transformation bill….! Here again are sample sentences comments: · Please ensure I and my family can choose to treat with my(list the provider type__________) do not allow Oregon’s coming “Coordinated Care Organizations” to discriminate against this form of treatment. · There are so many natural remedies that work without all the side effect and so many drugs that don’t please make sure that_________________(list the provider type) is full included in the “Coordinated Care Organizations.” · If the Governor is really serious about transforming how we deliver health care not just how we pay for it complimentary and alternative medical providers must not be discriminate against by the CCOs. · ObamaCare has non-discrimination language so that the natural healers like my____________________(name the provider) cannot and will not be discriminated against, please make sure Oregon Does the same. · Drugs, drugs, and more drugs is all medicine has to offer its time to change I want chiropractic first ____________(or of course name the provider) drugs second, and surgery last. Make sure the CCOs cannot discriminate against____________(name the provider) This is the final push for public comment, Cheers, Vern Saboe, DC