RemedySpot.com

Re: CHRONIC COUGH after lap band

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a question about a colleague (counselor) who had lap band surgery less than 2 years ago. ( I don't work directly in a bariatric clinic.) After a few months, he developed a chronic non-productive cough, not related to asthma or anything else. He believes it is his body trying to reject the lap band. I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar situation. I should also mention that he lost no weight after the surgery that I could see and now he is as heavy as ever.

Thanks,

Jody Greco

My first though is he may be in the red zone with a too tight band, so he's having GERD which is causing the chronic cough. And he's not losing weight b/c he's taking in those slick concentrated sugars and fats (plus high calorie liquids). , MS, RD, LDBariatric SolutionsMurray Calloway County HospitalMurray, KYFrom: JODY GRECO <jodygreco@...>Subject: Re: CHRONIC COUGH after lap band Date: Friday, January 13, 2012, 11:14 AM

I have a question about a colleague (counselor) who had lap band surgery less than 2 years ago. ( I don't work directly in a bariatric clinic.) After a few months, he developed a chronic non-productive cough, not related to asthma or anything else. He believes it is his body trying to reject the lap band. I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar situation. I should also mention that he lost no weight after the surgery that I could see and now he is as heavy as ever.

Thanks,

Jody Greco