RemedySpot.com

Nutrition Manual

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear group,

I am in private practice in a bariatric setting. I have a bariatric nutrition

manual that I have created for the surgeon group that I work with and am looking

to sell it to other groups. I need to copyright it before I sell it, obviously,

and also need to get information on how much to charge. Can anyone give me some

insight as to copyrighting and researching pricing? I am considering offering

it as an electronic file for a higher price that they can customize with their

practice logo and contact information, as well as, post-op regimens, protocols,

etc.

If anyone can offer me some insight to one or both of these, please shoot me an

email. Thanks!!

Kate Rountree

kate@...

Rountree Dietetics

Lafayette, LA

Try going through the academy formerly American dietetic association, I know they copyright and publish books. That might be a way to go From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of katherinerountreeSent: Monday, January 23, 2012 1:01 PM Subject: Nutrition Manual Dear group,I am in private practice in a bariatric setting. I have a bariatric nutrition manual that I have created for the surgeon group that I work with and am looking to sell it to other groups. I need to copyright it before I sell it, obviously, and also need to get information on how much to charge. Can anyone give me some insight as to copyrighting and researching pricing? I am considering offering it as an electronic file for a higher price that they can customize with their practice logo and contact information, as well as, post-op regimens, protocols, etc. If anyone can offer me some insight to one or both of these, please shoot me an email. Thanks!!Kate Rountreekate@...Rountree DieteticsLafayette, LA

**CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVACY NOTICE**: This message and any included attachments originate from Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged or protected patient health information. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error with a copy to SecurityOfficer@... by e-mail or call Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center in Alamogordo, NM at 575-439-6100, attention Security Officer.

Have you considered self-publishing? I looked into this site

www.lulu.com where you can self-publish and get an ISBN number. Another RD has a food journal published on the site and you can sell your manual through the site as well. I don't have experience actually using it yet, but it's worth

a look.

Good luck!

Knight, RD

Bariatric Dietitian

Columbus Regional Hospital Bariatric Treatment Center

812-418-3512