RemedySpot.com

Re: Raspberry Ketone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I watched the Dr. Oz show when he featured Raspberry Ketone. He recommended that the supplement be taken with food and would somehow burn fat. Never heard of it either. Jen PullmanOn Apr 4, 2012, at 2:11 PM, G wrote:

Sorry for any cross-post

Ok this is a new one for me. I guess Dr. Oz promoted this supplement on his show as the "Miracle fat burner" however I have yet to find any information on how it actually or supposedly works. Anyone else out there hear about it, or know anything about this product?

Guest guest

Dr. Oz needs to stop recomending odd and expense supplements. After these recomendations I continue to get phone calls from patients,quoting him like he is a nutrition god....Even one of our Endocrinologists is fed up..some of her thyroid patients just want to take these odd herbs and stop their thyroid medications cold turkey....the Raspberry one should get in line with acai,blueberry and pomegranate pills...Sue Canonico RD From: G

<kgreen@...> Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:11 PM Subject: Raspberry Ketone

Sorry for any cross-post

Ok this is a new one for me. I guess Dr. Oz promoted this supplement on his show as the "Miracle fat burner" however I have yet to find any information on how it actually or supposedly works. Anyone else out there hear about it, or know anything about this product?

Guest guest

Here here!!!! Well said! Margeaux Maniatis, BASc, RD | Registered Clinical Dietitian From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sue CanonSent: Wednesday April 04, 2012 7:33 PM Subject: Re: Raspberry Ketone Dr. Oz needs to stop recomending odd and expense supplements. After these recomendations I continue to get phone calls from patients,quoting him like he is a nutrition god....Even one of our Endocrinologists is fed up..some of her thyroid patients just want to take these odd herbs and stop their thyroid medications cold turkey....the Raspberry one should get in line with acai,blueberry and pomegranate pills... Sue Canonico RD From: G <kgreen@...> Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:11 PMSubject: Raspberry Ketone Sorry for any cross-postOk this is a new one for me. I guess Dr. Oz promoted this supplement on his show as the " Miracle fat burner " however I have yet to find any information on how it actually or supposedly works. Anyone else out there hear about it, or know anything about this product?

Guest guest

The only thing I have heard about Raspberry Ketones was from a blog I love to read- weighty matters. www.weightymatters.ca He's a bariatric surgeon, and his blog is fantastic. Here is his commentary:Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Tale of Two Oz's

First Dr. Oz the doctor who during his interview with Maclean's Science-ish's Belluz, commented on the benefits of raspberry ketones for weight loss by stating,

"The amount of weight you’ll lose is two, three, four pounds more than you would have."

He also qualifies the statement with a "could be"

And how about Dr. Oz the television personality?

The episode on raspberry ketones was literally entitled,"Miracle Fat-Burner in a Bottle".

Dr. Oz the television personality described them as,

"amazing",

said,

"I never understood how powerful it could be until I started doing research",

that he's,

"a big fan of these things",

and then to demonstrate how they supposedly worked in the body, took red

balloons that he called fat cells and put them into liquid nitrogen where they promptly deflated.

To help make his case he brings on Lynn, a trainer who, yup, you guessed it, sells raspberry ketone supplements ($791.76 for a year's supply), and near the end of the segment he asks her,

"I want to be practical, I don't want to over promise, how long will it take to see a benefit"

Her unchallenged answer?

"5 days"

They then go through some exceedingly dramatic before and after photos, without commentary as to what changes aside from taking raspberry ketones the subjects had undertaken, and with the second subject a frank

discussion that overtly suggested it was just the raspberry ketones that had done the trick.

His conclusions?

"I think this is worth experimenting with",

and that,

"they're going to help your body think it's thin."

The science behind raspberry ketones, if you want to call it that, are two shaky mouse studies....but even if we take them to be fully translatable into humans (a gigantic and unwarranted "if", but I'll be generous), let's go back to Dr. Oz the doctor who points out we're talking a 3lb (I split the difference) total loss consequent to their ingestion.

The miracle here isn't raspberry ketones. The miracle here, and it's not a pretty one, is that a doctor is recommending his patients (because

his viewers see him as a purveyor of expertly vetted medical advice) spend $791.76 a year for a remotely plausible, but admittedly not conclusively attainable, 3lb total weight loss, and that he's describing

that 3lb loss as, "powerful", "amazing", and, "a miracle".

Though I guess it's not exactly a miracle. It's just fame and fortune -

powerful, powerful, drugs which seem in Dr. Oz' case, to allow for some

interesting rationalizations.

[Pssst, hey, want a super secret miraculous way to lose those 3lbs without spending hundreds of dollars on questionable supplements? Try a

3 minute walk a day. A year later, those same 3lbs will be gone.]

Guest guest

Ah……….that’s great – love it! Abby From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of e ShoenbergerSent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:38 AM Subject: Re: Raspberry Ketone The only thing I have heard about Raspberry Ketones was from a blog I love to read- weighty matters. www.weightymatters.ca He's a bariatricsurgeon, and his blog is fantastic. Here is his commentary: Thursday, February 16, 2012A Tale of Two Oz'sFirst Dr. Oz the doctor who during his interview with Maclean's Science-ish's Belluz, commented on the benefits of raspberry ketones for weight loss by stating, " The amount of weight you’ll lose is two, three, four pounds more than you would have. " He also qualifies the statement with a " could be " And how about Dr. Oz the television personality?The episode on raspberry ketones was literally entitled, " Miracle Fat-Burner in a Bottle " .Dr. Oz the television personality described them as, " amazing " ,said, " I never understood how powerful it could be until I started doing research " ,that he's, " a big fan of these things " ,and then to demonstrate how they supposedly worked in the body, took red balloons that he called fat cells and put them into liquid nitrogenwhere they promptly deflated. To help make his case he brings on Lynn, a trainer who, yup, you guessed it, sells raspberry ketone supplements ($791.76 for a year's supply),and near the end of the segment he asks her, " I want to be practical, I don't want to over promise, how long will it take to see a benefit " Her unchallenged answer? " 5 days " They then go through some exceedingly dramatic before and after photos, without commentary as to what changes aside from taking raspberryketones the subjects had undertaken, and with the second subject a frank discussion that overtly suggested it was just the raspberry ketones that had done the trick.His conclusions? " I think this is worth experimenting with " ,and that, " they're going to help your body think it's thin. " The science behind raspberry ketones, if you want to call it that, are two shaky mouse studies....but even if we take them to be fullytranslatable into humans (a gigantic and unwarranted " if " , but I'll be generous), let's go back to Dr. Oz the doctor who points out we're talking a 3lb (I split the difference) total loss consequent to their ingestion.The miracle here isn't raspberry ketones. The miracle here, and it's not a pretty one, is that a doctor is recommending his patients (because his viewers see him as a purveyor of expertly vetted medical advice) spend $791.76 a year for a remotely plausible,but admittedly not conclusively attainable, 3lb total weight loss, and that he's describing that 3lb loss as, " powerful " , " amazing " , and, " a miracle " .Though I guess it's not exactly a miracle. It's just fame and fortune - powerful, powerful, drugs which seem in Dr. Oz' case, to allow for some interesting rationalizations.[Pssst, hey, want a super secret miraculous way to lose those 3lbs without spending hundreds of dollars on questionable supplements? Try a 3 minute walk a day. A year later, those same 3lbs will be gone.]

Guest guest

After reading this I’m going to have to start reading the blog.  I love the info he put out…and I watched the video the other day and the demonstration noted was great cause it shows the shrinkage and then what happens when you stop, they balloons re-inflate!!! However Dr. Oz skips over that little bit very quickly. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of e ShoenbergerSent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:38 AM Subject: Re: Raspberry Ketone The only thing I have heard about Raspberry Ketones was from a blog I love to read- weighty matters. www.weightymatters.ca He's a bariatric surgeon, and his blog is fantastic. Here is his commentary: Thursday, February 16, 2012A Tale of Two Oz's First Dr. Oz the doctor who during his interview with Maclean's Science-ish's Belluz, commented on the benefits of raspberry ketones for weight loss by stating, " The amount of weight you’ll lose is two, three, four pounds more than you would have. " He also qualifies the statement with a " could be " And how about Dr. Oz the television personality?The episode on raspberry ketones was literally entitled, " Miracle Fat-Burner in a Bottle " .Dr. Oz the television personality described them as, " amazing " ,said, " I never understood how powerful it could be until I started doing research " ,that he's, " a big fan of these things " ,and then to demonstrate how they supposedly worked in the body, took red balloons that he called fat cells and put them into liquid nitrogen where they promptly deflated. To help make his case he brings on Lynn, a trainer who, yup, you guessed it, sells raspberry ketone supplements ($791.76 for a year's supply), and near the end of the segment he asks her, " I want to be practical, I don't want to over promise, how long will it take to see a benefit " Her unchallenged answer? " 5 days " They then go through some exceedingly dramatic before and after photos, without commentary as to what changes aside from taking raspberry ketones the subjects had undertaken, and with the second subject a frank discussion that overtly suggested it was just the raspberry ketones that had done the trick.His conclusions? " I think this is worth experimenting with " ,and that, " they're going to help your body think it's thin. " The science behind raspberry ketones, if you want to call it that, are two shaky mouse studies....but even if we take them to be fully translatable into humans (a gigantic and unwarranted " if " , but I'll be generous), let's go back to Dr. Oz the doctor who points out we're talking a 3lb (I split the difference) total loss consequent to their ingestion.The miracle here isn't raspberry ketones. The miracle here, and it's not a pretty one, is that a doctor is recommending his patients (because his viewers see him as a purveyor of expertly vetted medical advice) spend $791.76 a year for a remotely plausible, but admittedly not conclusively attainable, 3lb total weight loss, and that he's describing that 3lb loss as, " powerful " , " amazing " , and, " a miracle " .Though I guess it's not exactly a miracle. It's just fame and fortune - powerful, powerful, drugs which seem in Dr. Oz' case, to allow for some interesting rationalizations.[Pssst, hey, want a super secret miraculous way to lose those 3lbs without spending hundreds of dollars on questionable supplements? Try a 3 minute walk a day. A year later, those same 3lbs will be gone.]

**CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVACY NOTICE**: This message and any included attachments originate from Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain privileged or protected patient health information. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error with a copy to SecurityOfficer@... by e-mail or call Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center in Alamogordo, NM at 575-439-6100, attention Security Officer.

Guest guest

Ditto, thanks for sharing!!!

Re: Raspberry Ketone

The only thing I have heard about Raspberry Ketones was from a blog I love to

read- weighty matters. www.weightymatters.ca He's a bariatric surgeon, and his

blog is fantastic. Here is his commentary:

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Tale of Two Oz's<http://www.weightymatters.ca/2012/02/tale-of-two-ozs.html>

[http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L4vtWdBQTNw/Tzv51aQooRI/AAAAAAAAENc/9F-ao51R7T0/s400/\

Raspberry.png]<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L4vtWdBQTNw/Tzv51aQooRI/AAAAAAAAENc/9F-\

ao51R7T0/s1600/Raspberry.png>

First Dr. Oz the doctor who during his interview with Maclean's Science-ish's

Belluz<http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/02/14/dr-oz-faith-healer/#more-239717>,

commented on the benefits of raspberry ketones for weight loss by stating,

" The amount of weight you’ll lose is two, three, four pounds more than you

would have. "

He also qualifies the statement with a " could be "

And how about Dr. Oz the television personality?

The episode on raspberry ketones was literally entitled, " Miracle Fat-Burner in a

Bottle<http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-fat-burner-bottle> " .

Dr. Oz the television personality described them as,

" amazing " ,

said,

" I never understood how powerful it could be until I started doing research " ,

that he's,

" a big fan of these things " ,

and then to demonstrate how they supposedly worked in the body, took red

balloons that he called fat cells and put them into liquid nitrogen where they

promptly deflated.

To help make his case he brings on Lynn, a trainer who, yup, you guessed

it, sells raspberry ketone supplements ($791.76 for a year's

supply<http://www.lisalynnfitness.com/index.php/lynfit-shop/weight-loss-suppleme\

nts/accelerator-1.html>), and near the end of the segment he asks her,

" I want to be practical, I don't want to over promise, how long will it take to

see a benefit "

Her unchallenged answer?

" 5 days "

They then go through some exceedingly dramatic before and after photos, without

commentary as to what changes aside from taking raspberry ketones the subjects

had undertaken, and with the second subject a frank discussion that overtly

suggested it was just the raspberry ketones that had done the trick.

His conclusions?

" I think this is worth experimenting with " ,

and that,

" they're going to help your body think it's thin. "

The science behind raspberry ketones, if you want to call it that, are two shaky

mouse studies....but even if we take them to be fully translatable into humans

(a gigantic and unwarranted " if " , but I'll be generous), let's go back to Dr. Oz

the doctor who points out we're talking a 3lb (I split the difference) total

loss consequent to their ingestion.

The miracle here isn't raspberry ketones. The miracle here, and it's not a

pretty one, is that a doctor is recommending his patients (because his viewers

see him as a purveyor of expertly vetted medical advice) spend $791.76 a year

for a remotely plausible, but admittedly not conclusively attainable, 3lb total

weight loss, and that he's describing that 3lb loss as, " powerful " , " amazing " ,

and, " a miracle " .

Though I guess it's not exactly a miracle. It's just fame and fortune -

powerful, powerful, drugs which seem in Dr. Oz' case, to allow for some

interesting rationalizations.

[Pssst, hey, want a super secret miraculous way to lose those 3lbs without

spending hundreds of dollars on questionable supplements? Try a 3 minute walk a

day. A year later, those same 3lbs will be gone.]