RemedySpot.com

New Member with question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good morning,

My name is Inmay Kiely and I am a new Bariatric Case manager for Reliant Medical Group. I mostly manage post-op patients, teach preparatory classes for surgery and help to run our post-op support group.

Last night, at our monthly support group, a question came up that I was not able to answer and was wondering if any of you are familiar with this issue:

A patient who is 4 years post-op gastric bypass has had a very difficult time with sugar cravings. She will eat meals through out the day but then continually snack on candy/sweets in between meals. She reported that she

had worked with both behavioral medicine and nutrition and had not been able to resolve this problem. She asked whether this could be a deficiency of some sort. Has anyone had this issue arise?

Thank you,

Inmay Kiely MS, RD, LDN

Reliant Medical Group

Nutrition

Bariatric Case Manager

630 Plantation St.

Worcester, MA 01605

External:(508) 425-5778

Internal: Ext 51778

Fax: (508)595-2122

Inmay.Kiely@...

Note: The information contained in this message is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.