RemedySpot.com

Re: Attendence at support group meeting s.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We are also a small program and have seen the same thing. Our post-op support group meeting was very well-attended for years, but has dwindled a lot in the past 2 years, especially the past year. This is despite having, in my opinion, better topics and speakers than we have ever had before. I am not sure what is causing it in our area. We are doing a lot more lap-bands, whereas we used to do only bypass. I don't know if band patients are less likely to think that support group necessary or helpful? One other thought I have is that as more and more people are having weight loss surgery, most patients know multiple people in their own life who have already had surgery, and may be thinking that using those people as a resource is good enough. As surgery has gotten more common, people in general have also become more comfortable with the idea of it, and aren't driven to support group by that fear of unknown as much as they used to be. Those are just some of my thoughts. Kirkpatrick, RD, LD---------- Original Message ----------From: Ashlee <ashlee.hughes@...> Subject: Re: Attendance at support group meetings.Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:49:15 -0400 Hi , It seems like our support group numbers pick up whenever we have post-op patients who are a few years out and have been successful/maintained their weight loss as speakers. Seems to draw more people in since they want to know about their experiences, it also seems to get new patients interested in coming to the group as well and that may help your numbers for the groups after that. You may have already been doing this but that was the one thing I could think of! Ashlee�On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM, friesemas <friesemas@...> wrote:�Hi everyone.I work at a fairly small bariatric practice and have seen our numbers for support group dwindle down in the past year. I have tried holding it on different days/ different times, sent out surveys to see what my patients wanted out of support group, brought in guest speakers and always have varying topics. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to re-vamp your support group and get attendance back up? Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,

____________________________________________________________53 Year Old Mom Looks 33The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worriedconsumerproducts.com