RemedySpot.com

RE: psyllium fiber

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Many clinicians will stay away from recommending items like Metamucil secondary to your comments regarding psyllium’s role. Inulin might be a better alternative to consider i.e. Benefibre. I am also interested in hearing what others have to say! Margeaux Maniatis, BASc, RD | Registered Clinical Dietitian Surgical Weight Loss Centre www.swlc.caFrom: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Herrick, AbbySent: Friday March 16, 2012 10:26 AM Subject: psyllium fiber Has anyone recommended psyllium fiber to their patients (band, sleeve, and bypass) diets as a way to increase fiber. My only concern is the fact that it swells when its introduced to water and I want to make sure that won’t be any problems in their pouch or digestive tract. Thanks,Abby Abby.herrick@...

Guest guest

I totally agree! We have had band patients with psyllium getting “stuck” and causing regurgitation. We recommend only fibers that dissolve fully in water like Benefiber or Fibersure.

Ellen , MS, RD, CD

Bariatric Dietitian

Fletcher Health Care

353 Blair Park Road

Williston, VT 05495

(802) 847-4844

On Behalf Of margeaux@...

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 10:51 AM

Subject: RE: psyllium fiber

Many clinicians will stay away from recommending items like Metamucil secondary to your comments regarding psyllium’s role. Inulin

might be a better alternative to consider i.e. Benefibre. I am also interested in hearing what others have to say!

Margeaux Maniatis, BASc, RD

| Registered Clinical Dietitian

Surgical Weight Loss Centre

www.swlc.ca

On Behalf Of Herrick, Abby

Sent: Friday March 16, 2012 10:26 AM

Subject: psyllium fiber

Has anyone recommended psyllium fiber to their patients (band, sleeve, and bypass) diets as a way to increase fiber. My only concern is the fact that it swells when its introduced

to water and I want to make sure that won’t be any problems in their pouch or digestive tract.

Thanks,

Abby

Abby.herrick@...

Guest guest

I think it’s a great product, but I haven’t had patients that tried it so thanks for your feedback. I really don’t see that many of my patients have any luck

with Benefiber. Is Fibersure a natural fiber?

On Behalf Of , Ellen

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:59 AM

' '

I totally agree! We have had band patients with psyllium getting “stuck” and causing regurgitation. We recommend only fibers that dissolve fully in water

like Benefiber or Fibersure.

Ellen , MS, RD, CD

Bariatric Dietitian

Fletcher Health Care

353 Blair Park Road

Williston, VT 05495

(802) 847-4844

Many clinicians will stay away from recommending items like Metamucil secondary to your comments regarding psyllium’s role. Inulin

might be a better alternative to consider i.e. Benefibre. I am also interested in hearing what others have to say!

www.swlc.ca

Has anyone recommended psyllium fiber to their patients (band, sleeve, and bypass) diets as a way to increase fiber. My only concern is the fact that it swells when its introduced

to water and I want to make sure that won’t be any problems in their pouch or digestive tract.

Thanks,

Abby

Abby.herrick@...

Guest guest

I believe it’s inulin like the benefiber

Ellen , MS, RD, CD

Bariatric Dietitian

Fletcher Health Care

353 Blair Park Road

Williston, VT 05495

(802) 847-4844

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 11:08 AM

I think it’s a great product, but I haven’t had patients that tried it so thanks for your feedback. I really don’t see that many of

my patients have any luck with Benefiber. Is Fibersure a natural fiber?

On Behalf Of , Ellen

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:59 AM

' '

I totally agree! We have had band patients with psyllium getting “stuck” and causing regurgitation. We recommend only fibers that dissolve fully in water

like Benefiber or Fibersure.

Ellen , MS, RD, CD

Bariatric Dietitian

Fletcher Health Care

353 Blair Park Road

Williston, VT 05495

(802) 847-4844

www.swlc.ca

Thanks,

Abby

Abby.herrick@...