RemedySpot.com

Re: Religious or Spiritual

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there!

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling right about this way that we have been getting along. I have some friends who might feel similarly.

I've been trying to figure how to hopefully make this ok. I'm not feeling so great today and thus hope I don't just make everything worse.

I recall when I was at my worst, that sometimes I wanted to deal with religious and spiritual issues, but some days I didn't want to see ANYthing about such things, for they would just make me cry the more. But sometimes on those days I was desperate to find a different way out -- a friendly gesture or a new medicine or someone to 'grump' with.

On those days, looking at the subject line would have been VERY important to me! It's not that I didn't believe in God (I always have). It's just that sometimes I didn't want to deal with religious issues. So, had I been on computer in those days, I'd not have read those posts.

AND on those days, I'd have been upset to find religious items were the main reason for the posts, without stating they were (maybe).

Anyway, I figure the saying of the subject matter in the subject line is meant to help folks know more or less what is in a post, to help them decide just what they want to read at any moment.

I for one do NOT read the posts in order, but 'as the mood moves me', so knowing at least a bit of the post is helpful to me.

(Likewise to list when a post is 'just' jokes or pictures or recipes.)

I don't think this is meant to OMIT our belief in God -- we often answer in our own religious way, when someone is upset, after all. And I don't think it indicates that by being thoughtful of how another feels (in my opinion) that we are thereby acting in a faithless manner, that God would thus find us a poor disciple.

[btw, I am interested in religion too -- I am a preacher's daughter and had intended to become a minister until realizing how ill I am... not that that might mean all that much, but...]

anyway, we do hope you will want to stay with us, and that you will not feel that you must compromise yourself to do so, for we wouldn't want that either... (at least this is how I understand it all... from a brain that isn't working very well today)

blessings!! Jean

"Religious or Spiritual"

~If you post religious or spiritual material, please indicate that on the subject line, so that those who would rather not read it have the option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures, religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this really rubs me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may mention the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of this group, then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all the pc bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the world. If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why should I have to flag it? Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I being too sensitive? Please let me know.

I am personally not a christian, I am of other faith.. and at times religous content bothers me and other times it doesnt... I appreciate when people let me know in the subject line if there is christian content, then I tend to auto delete it, Sometimes I even read it depending on the frame of mind I am in for that day.. I use to get really irritated but I think with all of our health issues we have enough to get irritated with..Just my 2 cents...

Kerry

Kerrys Web Page Design

www.kerryswebpagedesign.com

www.kerrylane.net

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of gettingthere35Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 12:35 PM Subject: Re: "Religious or Spiritual"

Hi there!

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling right about this way that we have been getting along. I have some friends who might feel similarly.

I've been trying to figure how to hopefully make this ok. I'm not feeling so great today and thus hope I don't just make everything worse.

I recall when I was at my worst, that sometimes I wanted to deal with religious and spiritual issues, but some days I didn't want to see ANYthing about such things, for they would just make me cry the more. But sometimes on those days I was desperate to find a different way out -- a friendly gesture or a new medicine or someone to 'grump' with.

On those days, looking at the subject line would have been VERY important to me! It's not that I didn't believe in God (I always have). It's just that sometimes I didn't want to deal with religious issues. So, had I been on computer in those days, I'd not have read those posts.

AND on those days, I'd have been upset to find religious items were the main reason for the posts, without stating they were (maybe).

Anyway, I figure the saying of the subject matter in the subject line is meant to help folks know more or less what is in a post, to help them decide just what they want to read at any moment.

I for one do NOT read the posts in order, but 'as the mood moves me', so knowing at least a bit of the post is helpful to me.

(Likewise to list when a post is 'just' jokes or pictures or recipes.)

I don't think this is meant to OMIT our belief in God -- we often answer in our own religious way, when someone is upset, after all. And I don't think it indicates that by being thoughtful of how another feels (in my opinion) that we are thereby acting in a faithless manner, that God would thus find us a poor disciple.

[btw, I am interested in religion too -- I am a preacher's daughter and had intended to become a minister until realizing how ill I am... not that that might mean all that much, but...]

anyway, we do hope you will want to stay with us, and that you will not feel that you must compromise yourself to do so, for we wouldn't want that either... (at least this is how I understand it all... from a brain that isn't working very well today)

blessings!! Jean

"Religious or Spiritual"

~If you post religious or spiritual material, please indicate that on the subject line, so that those who would rather not read it have the option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures, religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this really rubs me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may mention the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of this group, then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all the pc bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the world. If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why should I have to flag it? Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I being too sensitive? Please let me know.

I BELIEVE IN GOD & CONSIDER MYSELF A CHRISTIAN BUT I KNOW WE HAVE OTHER FOLKS WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS & CULTURES IN THIS GROUP; WHEN WE ARE CHRISTIANS WE DONT RUN OTHERS BELIEFS DOWN;; SO THIS IS WHY THE MODERATORS HAVE PUT THIS CLAUSE IN FOR US ALL;; IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO PUT THAT IN THE SUBJECT LINE??JUST AN OPINON FROM AN OLD LADY;; HUGS DORT"g.nicki" <g.nicki@...> wrote: ~If you post religious or spiritual material, please indicate that on the subject line, so that those who would rather not

read it have the option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures, religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this really rubs me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may mention the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of this group, then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all the pc bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the world. If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why should I have to flag it? Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I being too sensitive? Please let me know.

That's what the DELETE key is for........if I open an email and am not interested and don't want to read it, I just hit DELETE......quite simple really.DOROTHY PETERSON <peterson.dorothy@...> wrote: I BELIEVE IN GOD & CONSIDER MYSELF A CHRISTIAN BUT I KNOW WE HAVE OTHER FOLKS WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS & CULTURES IN THIS GROUP; WHEN WE ARE CHRISTIANS WE DONT RUN OTHERS BELIEFS DOWN;; SO THIS IS WHY THE MODERATORS HAVE PUT THIS CLAUSE IN FOR US ALL;; IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO PUT THAT IN THE SUBJECT LINE??JUST AN OPINON FROM AN OLD

LADY;; HUGS DORT"g.nicki" <g.nicki > wrote: ~If you post religious or spiritual material, please indicate that on the subject line, so that those who would rather not read it have the option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures, religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this really rubs me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may mention the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of this group, then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all the pc bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the world. If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why should I have to flag it? Does

anyone else feel this way? Or am I being too sensitive? Please let me know. Take Care, B. in ILLINOIS

WELL IF YOU PUT IT THAT WAY;;LOL HUGS DORT B <muttsmom55@...> wrote: Kind of like "Press 1 for English"......... good grief, do we not live in the USA where English is spoken as the #1 language.......why should I have to press 1?DOROTHY PETERSON <peterson.dorothysbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I BELIEVE IN GOD & CONSIDER MYSELF A CHRISTIAN BUT I KNOW WE HAVE OTHER FOLKS WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS & CULTURES IN THIS GROUP; WHEN WE ARE CHRISTIANS WE DONT RUN OTHERS BELIEFS DOWN;; SO THIS IS WHY THE MODERATORS HAVE PUT THIS CLAUSE IN FOR US ALL;; IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO PUT THAT IN THE SUBJECT LINE??JUST AN OPINON FROM AN OLD LADY;; HUGS DORT"g.nicki" <g.nicki > wrote: ~If you post religious or spiritual material, please indicate that on the subject line, so that those who would rather not read it have the option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures, religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this

really rubs me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may mention the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of this group, then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all the pc bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the world. If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why should I have to flag it? Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I being too sensitive? Please let me know. Take Care, B. in ILLINOIS Take Care, B. in

ILLINOIS

VERY TRUE CINDY HUGS DORT B <muttsmom55@...> wrote: That's what the DELETE key is for........if I open an email and am not interested and don't want to read it, I just hit DELETE......quite simple really.DOROTHY PETERSON <peterson.dorothysbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I BELIEVE IN GOD & CONSIDER MYSELF A CHRISTIAN BUT I KNOW WE HAVE OTHER FOLKS WITH

DIFFERENT BELIEFS & CULTURES IN THIS GROUP; WHEN WE ARE CHRISTIANS WE DONT RUN OTHERS BELIEFS DOWN;; SO THIS IS WHY THE MODERATORS HAVE PUT THIS CLAUSE IN FOR US ALL;; IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO PUT THAT IN THE SUBJECT LINE??JUST AN OPINON FROM AN OLD LADY;; HUGS DORT"g.nicki" <g.nicki > wrote: ~If you post religious or spiritual material, please indicate that on the subject line, so that those who would rather not read it have the option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures, religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this really rubs me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may mention the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of this group,

then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all the pc bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the world. If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why should I have to flag it? Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I being too sensitive? Please let me know. Take Care, B. in ILLINOIS

I, too, am an old lady. I have gone through many years of sharing my

faith, and I do not " push " my beliefs, nor do I condemn others for

theirs.

When I was still able to work, I was told, in the early 1990's, that

I could not wish any customer a MERRY CHRISTMAS, for fear that I

would injure someone's feelings therefore, hurt business. This was

coming from a very large grocery store chain.

Children in my school district can no longer pass out candy canes or

have christmas parties at school, because they might offend someone.

I live in Dallas/Ft Worth where a lady was recently kicked off a

PUBLIC transportation bus for reading the Bible to her grandchild.

Who is being discriminated against here? And, WHERE WILL IT STOP???

> ~If you post religious or spiritual material, please

indicate that on

> the subject line, so that those who would rather not read it have

the

> option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures,

> religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.

>

> I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this really

rubs

> me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may

mention

> the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of

this

> group, then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all

the pc

> bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the

world.

> If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why

> should I have to flag it? Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I

being

> too sensitive? Please let me know.

>

SO TRUE HUGS DORT"g.nicki" <g.nicki@...> wrote: I, too, am an old lady. I have gone through many years of sharing my faith, and I do not "push" my beliefs, nor do I condemn others for theirs.When I was still able to work, I was told, in the early 1990's, that I could not wish any customer a MERRY CHRISTMAS, for fear that I would injure someone's feelings therefore, hurt business. This was coming from a very large grocery store chain.Children in my school district can no longer pass

out candy canes or have christmas parties at school, because they might offend someone.I live in Dallas/Ft Worth where a lady was recently kicked off a PUBLIC transportation bus for reading the Bible to her grandchild.Who is being discriminated against here? And, WHERE WILL IT STOP???> ~If you post religious or spiritual material, please

indicate that on > the subject line, so that those who would rather not read it have the > option of deleting the post. We have many different cultures, > religions, countries... and would like to respect all of them.> > I may be a little too much on the offended side, but this really rubs > me the wrong way. You are wanting me to red flag that this may mention > the name of God. Excuse me??? If I have to do this to be a part of this > group, then I will stop subscribing. I am really fed up with all the pc > bullcrap on how I have to cater to all the other peoples in the world. > If you don't like something, THEN, DO NOT continue reading it! Why > should I have to flag it? Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I being > too sensitive? Please let me know.>