RemedySpot.com

sick of being sick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been told I have IBS. I find it scary and frustrating. It

started with a trauma 5 mths ago.

I thought it was getting better(it was at it's worst in November).

My symptoms are discomfort in my gut and stomach. Feeling full of air

but not burping, or bloated and burping/ farting. Bubbling up the

middle of me. Feeling of needing to evacuate and then not or doing so

and then still feeling like I need to go. What I produce is either

normal, or it is loose but formed and sometimes very firm, pellet like,

but still formed. I also get a burning sensation which was the first

reaction to the trauma and this got really bad till I cried for a few

weeks.

Now I still get the gut problem. It worries me. I am told it will take

time to heal from the shock I had. I tried an antispasmodic which had

peppermint oil in it but that irritated me more.

My mum had IBS and died because of it-she backed up and perforated and

died in surgery form septicaemia.

Anyway, I pass no blood, do not vomit. Am feeling much better than I

was. I have just had the Noro virus (Winter Vomiting/Diarrhoea bug of

which there is an epidemic here) and now my gut is worse.

I eat very plain now for months, steamed veg and fish, chicken or pork.

Very

little fat. I have lost a lot of weight but only at 1.5-2lbs a week.

I am physically disabled and in pain 24/7 (FMS, OA,RA and angina) and

that is easy to deal with

compared to this IBS. I understand that, know it's cause, and can deal

with it. IBS scares me, makes me feel bad, and also makes me angry

because I can't get a handle on it. I know the more I worry about it

the worse it gets but it is hard not worry.

I get the distinct impression that this is a condition I am causing yet

I don't know how. I am becoming the sort of person I never wanted to

be, who can't do this or do that because I am too 'sensitive'. Can't

eat this, can't drink that, no I can't just stay over night, and if I

go away I have to take something to make me poop cos my autonomic

system kicks in and I back up. I am a real pain to myself and I can't

stand it. I never used to be like this.

I wonder if the fact I gave up smoking has anything to do with this. In

the few mths afterwards, before my big crash bang wallop, I also had

strange bowel things happen. Then that crash bang wallop happened and

now my gut is really weird. As my main reaction was terror, and we all

know how that affects the gut, I wonder if this is just the dregs and

it will take time heal as I have been told.

Gosh, I don't drink, don't do drugs, not anorexic / bulimic any more,

don't compulsively wash, can't be bothered to have sex, quite a goody

two shoes in fact.

Excuse my rather ill hidden anger about this, I am royally p'd off. I

have worked my b***s off to get this together and the last thing I

wanted or expected was to have a condition like this. as I have said,

the pain in my joints and muscles I can cope with, the fatigue I can

cope with. I get all those and understand them. This I don't

So why I am so sick? Why do I feel so embarrassed by it? I am not in

the best of moods today so I apologise for not being.

-- bw colin (in England)

I can relate to how you feel. I have IBS from when my appendix

decided it didn't like the rest of my body and...well...erupted. I

had peritonitis and lost a foot of the large bowel...lucky me :)

But I'm alive to tell about it!!

Anyway the point of this story is...now I have IBS. I am on

Dicyclomine (20 mg), and it seems to help...doesn't cure...but it

does help with the spasms of the colon.

I would suggest limiting your caffeine, chocolate, and spicy food

intake...as I found that these tend to trigger a " not so good result "

and I'm off to read a good book in the bathroom for a while.

Ironically, I have noticed that exercising seems to help with my IBS,

I've noticed that when I work out regularly it seems to " tame the

beast. "

Hang in there you can live a normal life...I do.

Jeep

>

> I have been told I have IBS. I find it scary and frustrating. It

started

> with a trauma 5 mths ago.

>

> I thought it was getting better(it was at it's worst in November).

>

> My symptoms are discomfort in my gut and stomach. Feeling full of

air

> but not burping, or bloated and burping/ farting. Bubbling up the

middle

> of me. Feeling of needing to evacuate and then not or doing so and

then

> still feeling like I need to go. What I produce is either normal,

or it

> is loose but formed and sometimes very firm, pellet like, but still

> formed. I also get a burning sensation which was the first reaction

to

> the trauma and this got really bad till I cried for a few weeks.

>

> Now I still get the gut problem. It worries me. I am told it will

take

> time to heal from the shock I had. I tried an antispasmodic which

had

> peppermint oil in it but that irritated me more.

>

> My mum had IBS and died because of it-she backed up and perforated

and

> died in surgery form septicaemia.

>

> Anyway, I pass no blood, do not vomit. Am feeling much better than

I

> was. I have just had the Noro virus (Winter Vomiting/Diarrhoea bug

of

> which there is an epidemic here) and now my gut is worse.

>

> I eat very plain now for months, steamed veg and fish, chicken or

pork.

> Very little fat. I have lost a lot of weight but only at 1.5-2lbs a

week.

>

> I am physically disabled and in pain 24/7 (FMS, OA,RA and angina)

and

> that is easy to deal with compared to this IBS. I understand that,

know

> it's cause, and can deal with it. IBS scares me, makes me feel bad,

and

> also makes me angry because I can't get a handle on it. I know the

more

> I worry about it the worse it gets but it is hard not worry.

>

> I get the distinct impression that this is a condition I am causing

yet

> I don't know how. I am becoming the sort of person I never wanted

to be,

> who can't do this or do that because I am too 'sensitive'. Can't

eat

> this, can't drink that, no I can't just stay over night, and if I

go

> away I have to take something to make me poop cos my autonomic

system

> kicks in and I back up. I am a real pain to myself and I can't

stand it.

> I never used to be like this.

>

> I wonder if the fact I gave up smoking has anything to do with

this. In

> the few mths afterwards, before my big crash bang wallop, I also

had

> strange bowel things happen. Then that crash bang wallop happened

and

> now my gut is really weird. As my main reaction was terror, and we

all

> know how that affects the gut, I wonder if this is just the dregs

and it

> will take time heal as I have been told.

>

> Gosh, I don't drink, don't do drugs, not anorexic / bulimic any

more,

> don't compulsively wash, can't be bothered to have sex, quite a

goody

> two shoes in fact.

>

> Excuse my rather ill hidden anger about this, I am royally p'd off.

I

> have worked my b***s off to get this together and the last thing I

> wanted or expected was to have a condition like this. as I have

said,

> the pain in my joints and muscles I can cope with, the fatigue I

can

> cope with. I get all those and understand them. This I don't

>

> So why I am so sick? Why do I feel so embarrassed by it? I am not

in the

> best of moods today so I apologise for not being.

>

> --

> bw

> colin (in England)

>

Hi Colin,

I'd be venting too!! actually complaining...

I sure hope something good comes along to help out.

In fact, thinking of so many with so MUCH happening, sure hope EVERYone finds some expert help that actually brings good things.

So often as I read the various posts, I shake my head and realize just how very lucky I am. Sorry I don't say so more often.

Jean

sick of being sick

I have been told I have IBS. I find it scary and frustrating. It started with a trauma 5 mths ago.I thought it was getting better(it was at it's worst in November).My symptoms are discomfort in my gut and stomach. Feeling full of air but not burping, or bloated and burping/ farting. Bubbling up the middle of me. Feeling of needing to evacuate and then not or doing so and then still feeling like I need to go. What I produce is either normal, or it is loose but formed and sometimes very firm, pellet like, but still formed. I also get a burning sensation which was the first reaction to the trauma and this got really bad till I cried for a few weeks. Now I still get the gut problem. It worries me. I am told it will take time to heal from the shock I had. I tried an antispasmodic which had peppermint oil in it but that irritated me more.My mum had IBS and died because of it-she backed up and perforated and died in surgery form septicaemia.Anyway, I pass no blood, do not vomit. Am feeling much better than I was. I have just had the Noro virus (Winter Vomiting/Diarrhoea bug of which there is an epidemic here) and now my gut is worse.I eat very plain now for months, steamed veg and fish, chicken or pork. Very little fat. I have lost a lot of weight but only at 1.5-2lbs a week.I am physically disabled and in pain 24/7 (FMS, OA,RA and angina) and that is easy to deal with compared to this IBS. I understand that, know it's cause, and can deal with it. IBS scares me, makes me feel bad, and also makes me angry because I can't get a handle on it. I know the more I worry about it the worse it gets but it is hard not worry.I get the distinct impression that this is a condition I am causing yet I don't know how. I am becoming the sort of person I never wanted to be, who can't do this or do that because I am too 'sensitive'. Can't eat this, can't drink that, no I can't just stay over night, and if I go away I have to take something to make me poop cos my autonomic system kicks in and I back up. I am a real pain to myself and I can't stand it. I never used to be like this.I wonder if the fact I gave up smoking has anything to do with this. In the few mths afterwards, before my big crash bang wallop, I also had strange bowel things happen. Then that crash bang wallop happened and now my gut is really weird. As my main reaction was terror, and we all know how that affects the gut, I wonder if this is just the dregs and it will take time heal as I have been told.Gosh, I don't drink, don't do drugs, not anorexic / bulimic any more, don't compulsively wash, can't be bothered to have sex, quite a goody two shoes in fact. Excuse my rather ill hidden anger about this, I am royally p'd off. I have worked my b***s off to get this together and the last thing I wanted or expected was to have a condition like this. as I have said, the pain in my joints and muscles I can cope with, the fatigue I can cope with. I get all those and understand them. This I don'tSo why I am so sick? Why do I feel so embarrassed by it? I am not in the best of moods today so I apologise for not being.-- bw colin (in England)

keep going with your dr appt. keep going until you find out what is wrong. you will be in my thoughts. evelynKnitman <apso@...> wrote: I have been told I have IBS. I find it scary and frustrating. It started with a trauma 5 mths ago.I thought it was getting better(it was at it's worst in November).My symptoms are discomfort in my gut and stomach. Feeling full of air but not burping, or bloated and burping/ farting. Bubbling up the middle of me. Feeling of needing to evacuate

and then not or doing so and then still feeling like I need to go. What I produce is either normal, or it is loose but formed and sometimes very firm, pellet like, but still formed. I also get a burning sensation which was the first reaction to the trauma and this got really bad till I cried for a few weeks. Now I still get the gut problem. It worries me. I am told it will take time to heal from the shock I had. I tried an antispasmodic which had peppermint oil in it but that irritated me more.My mum had IBS and died because of it-she backed up and perforated and died in surgery form septicaemia.Anyway, I pass no blood, do not vomit. Am feeling much better than I was. I have just had the Noro virus (Winter Vomiting/Diarrhoea bug of which there is an epidemic here) and now my gut is worse.I eat very plain now for months, steamed veg and fish, chicken or pork. Very little fat. I have lost a lot of weight but only at 1.5-2lbs a week.I

am physically disabled and in pain 24/7 (FMS, OA,RA and angina) and that is easy to deal with compared to this IBS. I understand that, know it's cause, and can deal with it. IBS scares me, makes me feel bad, and also makes me angry because I can't get a handle on it. I know the more I worry about it the worse it gets but it is hard not worry.I get the distinct impression that this is a condition I am causing yet I don't know how. I am becoming the sort of person I never wanted to be, who can't do this or do that because I am too 'sensitive'. Can't eat this, can't drink that, no I can't just stay over night, and if I go away I have to take something to make me poop cos my autonomic system kicks in and I back up. I am a real pain to myself and I can't stand it. I never used to be like this.I wonder if the fact I gave up smoking has anything to do with this. In the few mths afterwards, before my big crash bang wallop, I also had strange bowel things happen.

Then that crash bang wallop happened and now my gut is really weird. As my main reaction was terror, and we all know how that affects the gut, I wonder if this is just the dregs and it will take time heal as I have been told.Gosh, I don't drink, don't do drugs, not anorexic / bulimic any more, don't compulsively wash, can't be bothered to have sex, quite a goody two shoes in fact. Excuse my rather ill hidden anger about this, I am royally p'd off. I have worked my b***s off to get this together and the last thing I wanted or expected was to have a condition like this. as I have said, the pain in my joints and muscles I can cope with, the fatigue I can cope with. I get all those and understand them. This I don'tSo why I am so sick? Why do I feel so embarrassed by it? I am not in the best of moods today so I apologise for not being.-- bw colin (in England) cure cystic fibrosis

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

• 7 months later...

WELCOME .TO THE GROUP..MARK;; SORRY I DONT HAVE ANSWERS FOR YOU ON THIS BUT I HOPE YOU GET SOME ANSWERS HERE;; IT IS A GOOD GROUP;; LOTS OF NEAT & CARING FOLKS HERE;;

WELCOMING ((HUGS))

DORT FROM MICH,U.S.A.

From: mark9_41cupofwater <mark9_41cupofwater@...>Subject: sick of being sick Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 10:37 PM

Hi, I am new here and wanted to see if there is anybody out there in space that has to read their med records ever time at the doc's just to make sure that they don't twist your words around. I had to fight for 15 years to get someone to take the crazy label out of my records. The doc at that time was air force and did not want to mess with trying to found out what was causing the pain in my body so I was labeled a hypo and other things lyl

my docs also don't get my story quite right

one doc WAY back misread a crucial 'mental health' statement that I had written.

Then when I tried to correct her, she said I was not the one that had written it.

It is still there, but way back in 1980, so few bother to see it, fortunately.

But I, like you, do like to see the docs' notes so as to try to correct things that are REALLY wrong -- at least to the other docs that get the reports.

I guess 'tis REALLY hard to get things straight, IF it can be done without court action, and even then....

Maybe the best we can do, is just show ourselves to be oh so mentally healthy, so they eventually MIGHT get it right??

I dunno... Hope someonw has a better idea

MEANwhile I am working on my immune system to strengthen it, so symptoms they can misread happen less often. I hope.

best, and courage, Jean

Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:07 PM

Subject: Re: sick of being sick

WELCOME .TO THE GROUP..MARK;; SORRY I DONT HAVE ANSWERS FOR YOU ON THIS BUT I HOPE YOU GET SOME ANSWERS HERE;; IT IS A GOOD GROUP;; LOTS OF NEAT & CARING FOLKS HERE;;

WELCOMING ((HUGS))

DORT FROM MICH,U.S.A.

From: mark9_41cupofwater <mark9_41cupofwater >Subject: sick of being sick Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 10:37 PM

Hi, I am new here and wanted to see if there is anybody out there in space that has to read their med records ever time at the doc's just to make sure that they don't twist your words around. I had to fight for 15 years to get someone to take the crazy label out of my records. The doc at that time was air force and did not want to mess with trying to found out what was causing the pain in my body so I was labeled a hypo and other things lyl

I can relate..I am so sick of having pain,its not funny. Oh, well....I know I am being tested by God,so,I a way, I really dont mind it, although it does interfere with my ADLs..VickiDOROTHY PETERSON <peterson.dorothy@...> wrote: WELCOME .TO THE GROUP..MARK;; SORRY I DONT HAVE ANSWERS FOR YOU ON THIS BUT I HOPE YOU GET SOME ANSWERS HERE;; IT IS A GOOD GROUP;; LOTS OF NEAT & CARING FOLKS HERE;; WELCOMING

((HUGS)) DORT FROM MICH,U.S.A. From: mark9_41cupofwater <mark9_41cupofwater >Subject: sick of being sick Date: Monday, August 18, 2008, 10:37 PM Hi, I am new here and wanted to see if there is anybody out there in space that has to read their med records ever time at the doc's just to make sure that they don't twist your words around. I had to fight for 15 years to get someone to take the crazy label out of my records. The doc at that time was air force and did not want to mess with trying to found out what was causing the pain in my body so I was labeled a hypo and other things lyl

Hebrews 11:1