RemedySpot.com

Re: sick vs work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I worked with someone who came down with shingles and he continued to come to work......he was miserable, and we all "kept out distance". I'm not that familiar with it and not sure if we could have caught it from him, but he said he would have much rather stayed home, said it was painful.......but he was new and didn't want to lose his job.Take Care, Laurie H <Mana_olana@...> wrote: Tell me, not sure if I should stay home, maybe do 1/2 days. They are short at work. I think if I do 1/2 days, I wont become a vegetable. I always

struggle with this, whether to work or not, and it is really their problem. *I probably stressed out on the fact that the one who did this work took a 90 Leave without pay, and it was not sprung on me till *last minute. WHenever I take leave, there are PILES left for me to come back to. The person who would back ME UP is always gone due to her special needs kid w/ medical problems. Thanks for letting me vent- Laurie H. === I emailed my boss- I have a scheduled xray today at 8am. I will be in > the office about 1030 to clean up my desk and change > my auto-reply. > > I was diagnosed with shingles. Seen emergency room > Sunday pm. And have started medications. They > (emergency room) did not really say whether to stay > home from work or not. I can ask my Dr too. They > said > most ppl have had the chicken pox virus, so is not > contagious for the most

part. > > http://www.howstuffworks.com/how-to-treat-shingles.htm/printable > > I am immune suppressed due to having Behcets > already. > (an autoimmune illness like lupus) I have meds that > would make me drowsy. > > I am not sure if I should work or not. Not in too > much pain yet, but should rest. I will come in at > 1030am and change my auto-reply and such and sort > the > work. I can do half days if needed. I have RDO on > Friday. I do not want to become a vegetable and sit > in > bed either. > > Not sure what the protocol is for this. Please let > me > know what I should do about work Take Care, B. in ILLINOIS