RemedySpot.com

Re: Article about fats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

This article reminded me of something that I've been thinking a lot about. Why is there no push or ad campaign from these (supposedly) independent health watch groups about *not* eating at restaurants habitually, and making your own food at home.

Homemade food tends to be much better for you -- much lower in fat, salt, and calories. Why not have a "Bring your lunch to work!" ad campaign. People would save money and probably find it easier to eat healthy. Obviously, any organization funded by the restaurant industry won't do this, but they can't all be on the take, can they?

I guess part of the problem is that most people don't see a problem because they don't examine the content of the food they eat like we do. I look around a supermarket today and see that literally 90% (conservative estimate) of everything in it isn't worth eating, but I wouldn't know that unless I had made a study of food content beforehand. Something most people don't do, and are therefore ignorant of the problem.

Also, I just spent several years in a country where eating in restaurants is not only rare, it's considered a little bit socially unacceptable. That balances my viewpoint a bit, because it seems like the privilege of eating out is almost a sacred cow in the U.S.

chris

Formerly of Ukraine,

Now of Kansas City,

Home of the 1 lb. BBQ pork appetizer.

[ ] Article about fats

Guest guest

> Why is there no push or ad

> campaign from these (supposedly) independent health

> watch groups about *not* eating at restaurants

> habitually, and making your own food at home.

There is one I know of called " slow food " and has

grown into an international organization

http://www.slowfoodusa.org/

Regards

Jeff

Guest guest

re: www.slowfoodusa.org

Thanks for the link. I like the idea of this, but I wish there was something that people in general would take seriously. This comes off probably like CR does to the average person -- a bit too extreme. A bit too much like a fad or lifestyle instead of a generally applicable health strategy.

chris