RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Methionine dependence of some types of cancer cells

Rate this topic

Guest guest

By switching to a normal protein diet, (not exceeding the RDA) or even slightly lower (or higher) and also switching to a mostly whole food unrefined unprocessed plant food diet, you cover the Methionine issue relatively easily. And, both of these recommendations are not in anyway in contradiction to CR-ON but support it in other areas as well. There are very few if any plant foods that have more than 100 mg of methionine per 100 grams of the food. I think some of the exceptions have been noted. White meat chicken has 859 mgs/100 grams, Wild Atlantic Salmon has 753mgs/100 grams. Even eggwhites have 399 mgs/100 grams. Soybeans, thought to be one of the higher plant foods in Methionine, have only 230mgs/100 grams and almonds have around 194mgs/100grams another plant foods thought to be higher in methionine. Eating more whole plant foods, and

reducing animal protein (< 4-6 oz/day) is also inline with other recommendations to prevent cancer. To me, this is just more evidence not to try to overly micro manage specific nutrients, but to switch to a more whole food unrefined unprocessed plant based diet with limited amounts of animal protein, even lean ones. RegardsJeff

This is exactly what I'm doing. I'm cutting back on protein (chicken, fish, eggs) and eating more veggies. I have not eliminated anything from my diet. Perhaps if more evidence comes in, I might do that later. I still eat fish, and poultry, just smaller amounts. I think it's prudent to eat some fish. I have no intention of micro-managing my diet - at least not at this stage of the " evidence " .

And, I have no intention of quitting eating out. It's one of the enjoyments of my life. I just try to order sanely and take home a doggie bag if the portions are huge.

on 2/19/2007 10:34 AM, Jeff Novick at chefjeff40@... wrote:

Eating more whole plant foods, and reducing animal protein (< 4-6 oz/day) is also inline with other recommendations to prevent cancer.

To me, this is just more evidence not to try to overly micro manage specific nutrients, but to switch to a more whole food unrefined unprocessed plant based diet with limited amounts of animal protein, even lean ones.

Regards

Jeff