RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Breast cancer and alcohol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Funny you should mention that Tony. A few weeks ago my next-door-neighbor, a kid in his 30’s (comparatively speaking) killed himself on his motorcycle. It was said that he was not speeding, but rounded a bad curve which was difficult to negotiate.

Reminds us all that there are many things beyond our control. Of course motorcycles are not exactly risk-free. But suppose he had hit one of us innocent people during this crash....

Reply-< >

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 19:33:41 -0000

< >

Subject: [ ] Re: Breast cancer and alcohol

" I had a few beers before doing my grocery shopping "

Whether walking or driving, that is a good way to trip and fall, or

have a car accident. Injuries can negate all the attention that we

pay to CR.

Tony

I offer this as information, not support or suggestion that one should drink this in it's unfinished state. http://www.williamsbrewing.com/PINOT_NOIR_CONCENTRATE_P1310C169.cfm192 oz of concentrated pinot noir grape juice is $57.You should be able to drive as much as you want after drinking this.. JROn Sep 30, 2007, at 8:17 PM, orb85750 wrote:Well, on the wine versus grapes question, an important aspect to it is what type of grape to consume? Where can one purchase the naturally resveratrol-rich pinot noir grapes themselves? Perhaps pinot noir wine is the only route for most consumers.>The main negative>to alcohol would be the calories they contain that one would then >need>to reduce the consumption of other foods. Grape Juice verses wine? >Drink>the wine. Wine verses grapes or other fruit? Well that would be a>different question!>Positive Dennis> > A study came out yesterday implicating all forms of alcohol (even red > > wine) to an increased risk of breast cancer. Even one glass = 10% > > higher risk. Three glasses =30% higher risk. All heard on the national > > news – I don't see anything in today's paper. The theory is that > > alcohol causes a rise in estrogen which of course causes one form of > > breast cancer.> >> > Is anyone familiar with this latest study? Were other possible causes > > ruled out such as what these people ate and how health conscious they > > were? Does this apply to us?> >> > I would hate to give up my daily moderate wine drinking (always > > thinking it was a "health food"). I could switch to grapes but it's > > not quite the same......:-))> >> > As always your opinions are welcomed. > I have always felt that any food has both positive and negative inputs > to health. Even Smoking apparently reduces some risk for some diseases, > but that does not mean I will be smoking anytime soon. The main negative > to alcohol would be the calories they contain that one would then need > to reduce the consumption of other foods. Grape Juice verses wine? Drink > the wine. Wine verses grapes or other fruit? Well that would be a > different question!> > Positive Dennis>