RemedySpot.com

Okinawa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't know where to find recent data. If I was still on Okinawa perhaps I could have had my wife call around to some government agencies - but alas we do not live there anymore. The American diet/lifestyle has been making inroads on Okinawa for decades. This is because of the military bases there. So I do not believe that many of the diet changes are just in kids - or just recent phenomena. Just another "anecdote" - many people almost starved after the war. My inlaws said that food was very scarce and that the majority of people did not eat much. I wonder what affects that had (good or bad) on longevity. Sorry to perhaps bring up more questions than answers ;) -Ed 3a. Re: Long Lives Well Lived Posted by: "Rodney" perspect1111@... perspect1111 Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:23 pm (PST) Hi Eddie:Thanks. Do we know where to find data for some relatively

recent period for life expectancy in Okinawa? Those data must be available from some government statistical agency I would have thought.And I would not have expected kids eating KFC to have much of an effect on life expectancy data in the short term, since CVD is something which only shows its effects on mortality after many decades of poor nutrition. But certainly changes in diet recently are very likely to have a major effect perhaps thirty years down the road. Even so, it will take a long time for life expectancy to fall back to the level it was at in 1960, when the vast majority alive then had lived most of their lives in a much more traditional way. Rodney.

"There is a criterion by which you can judge whether the

thoughts you are thinking and the things you are doing

are right for you. The criterion is: Have they brought you inner peace?"

-Peace Pilgrim