RemedySpot.com

Re: Portion control when eating peanut butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good job...  You can pretty much assume that any mass market processed food will not be as good for you, as you making it homemade, without the odd nasty additives and such.I used to use store bought spaghetti sauce as a base in some quasi home made dishes until I realized how much sugar they add. Read the label... Who in their right mind adds sugar to spaghetti suace?   JROn Jan 22, 2008, at 9:16 AM, Arturo Veve wrote:AllThis is not earthshaking, but a tip on what is working for me to reduce overconsumption of peanut butter. I was eating commercial peanut butter daily at 3:00pm with carrots. It contained hydrogenated oils, used to soften it and keep the mass together. A coworker observed that I seemed to shovel it in big quantities daily. This week I used the machine at Whole Foods where you make your own peanut butter from dry roasted peanuts. I placed the container in the refrigerator. Now I find that I can limit the consumption to about two level tablespoons. The texture is coarser and tends to be harder to swallow. As a result I don't eat it like pudding and I'm experiencing better portion control.Cheers,Arturo

If you have a “Trader Joe’s” near you, you can buy “pure” canned tomatoes (and add your own seasonings) and peanut butter. I also buy my unsalted, unprocessed nuts there.

Reply-< >

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:21:33 -0600

< >

Subject: Re: [ ] Portion control when eating peanut butter

Good job...  You can pretty much assume that any mass market processed food will not be as good for you, as you making it homemade, without the odd nasty additives and such.

I used to use store bought spaghetti sauce as a base in some quasi home made dishes until I realized how much sugar they add. 

Read the label... Who in their right mind adds sugar to spaghetti suace? 

JR

On Jan 22, 2008, at 9:16 AM, Arturo Veve wrote:

All

This is not earthshaking, but a tip on what is working for me to reduce overconsumption of peanut butter. I was eating commercial peanut butter daily at 3:00pm with carrots. It contained hydrogenated oils, used to soften it and keep the mass together. A coworker observed that I seemed to shovel it in big quantities daily. This week I used the machine at Whole Foods where you make your own peanut butter from dry roasted peanuts. I placed the container in the refrigerator. Now I find that I can limit the consumption to about two level tablespoons. The texture is coarser and tends to be harder to swallow. As a result I don't eat it like pudding and I'm experiencing better portion control.

Cheers,

Arturo

There are several variants of canned tomatoes (with no additives) available at my Walmart.. Crushed, chopped, whatever... I've been been using them for years. Life is too short to peel tomatoes.JRPS:  Trader Joes are in larger metropolitan areas, but not my neck of the woods. On Jan 22, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Francesca Skelton wrote:If you have a “Trader Joe’s” near you, you can buy “pure” canned tomatoes (and add your own seasonings) and peanut butter.  I also buy my unsalted, unprocessed nuts there.From:  <crjohnrbellsouth (DOT) net>Reply-To: < >Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:21:33 -0600To: < >Subject: Re: [ ] Portion control when eating peanut butter   Good job...  You can pretty much assume that any mass market processed food will not be as good for you, as you making it homemade, without the odd nasty additives and such.I used to use store bought spaghetti sauce as a base in some quasi home made dishes until I realized how much sugar they add. Read the label... Who in their right mind adds sugar to spaghetti suace?  JROn Jan 22, 2008, at 9:16 AM, Arturo Veve wrote:AllThis is not earthshaking, but a tip on what is working for me to reduce overconsumption of peanut butter. I was eating commercial peanut butter daily at 3:00pm with carrots. It contained hydrogenated oils, used to soften it and keep the mass together. A coworker observed that I seemed to shovel it in big quantities daily. This week I used the machine at Whole Foods where you make your own peanut butter from dry roasted peanuts. I placed the container in the refrigerator. Now I find that I can limit the consumption to about two level tablespoons. The texture is coarser and tends to be harder to swallow. As a result I don't eat it like pudding and I'm experiencing better portion control.Cheers,Arturo     

Hi All, My version of home-made peanut butter is 50 g roasted peanuts, two tablespoons flaxseeds, 150 g crushed canned tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of canola oil and 10 g of mustard or vinegar. The peanuts and flaxseeds are first ground up in a coffee grinder. The product is not gritty or difficult to swallow.-- Al Pater, alpater@... <crjohnr@...> wrote: There are several variants of canned tomatoes (with no additives)

available at my Walmart.. Crushed, chopped, whatever... I've been been using them for years. Life is too short to peel tomatoes. JR PS: Trader Joes are in larger metropolitan areas, but not my neck of the woods. On Jan 22, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Francesca Skelton wrote: If you have a “Trader Joe’s” near you, you can buy “pure” canned tomatoes (and add your own seasonings) and peanut butter. I also buy my unsalted, unprocessed nuts there. From: <crjohnrbellsouth (DOT) net>Reply-< >Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:21:33 -0600< >Subject: Re: [ ] Portion control when eating peanut butter Good job... You can pretty much assume that any mass market processed food will not be as good for you, as you making it

homemade, without the odd nasty additives and such.I used to use store bought spaghetti sauce as a base in some quasi home made dishes until I realized how much sugar they add. Read the label... Who in their right mind adds sugar to spaghetti suace? JROn Jan 22, 2008, at 9:16 AM, Arturo Veve wrote: AllThis is not earthshaking, but a tip on what is working for me to reduce overconsumption of peanut butter. I was eating commercial peanut butter daily at 3:00pm with carrots. It contained hydrogenated oils, used to soften it and keep the mass together. A coworker observed that I seemed to shovel it in big quantities daily. This week I used the machine at Whole Foods where you make your own peanut butter from dry roasted peanuts. I placed the container in the refrigerator.

Now I find that I can limit the consumption to about two level tablespoons. The texture is coarser and tends to be harder to swallow. As a result I don't eat it like pudding and I'm experiencing better portion control.Cheers,Arturo

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.