RemedySpot.com

Re: going to the bathroom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My son is 9 (AS) and can hold his urine for a very long time. He is potty trained and when he needs to go he does but he just doesn't seem to need to go that often. When he does go, he goes a lot!! I always assumed he had a large bladder and good control but maybe it is something related to the AS. Interesting!

Estevan, Saskatchewan

Canada

-- Going to the bathroom

I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.

Forever: Time it takes to brew the first pot of coffee in the morning. ~Author Unknown

yes my son does it. he is 8 and will hold it from

730am til getting home from school at 3:30. sometimes

he has had accidents on the bus because he can't hold

it any longer. can't quite figure out why he is

holding it. i don't think he knows why either.

we have a new rule that he has to pee at school once

during the day. i don't care when it is but he has to

pee once. i am trying to get him into a routine of

peeing other places i guess. i don't know what i am

up against.. he has never mentioned anything about not

liking public restrooms.

any other ideas?

carrie

--- afortney74 <afortney74@...> wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem

> with their child

> holding in their urine for long periods of time. My

> daughter sometime

> wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it

> in for 24 hours

> once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at

> school. I was just

> wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone

> else experienced

> this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels

in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

http://farechase./promo-generic-14795097

up against.. he has never mentioned anything about notliking public restrooms.

any other ideas?

Do they have urinals in the boys bathroom at that age? I doubt

I'd want to show an intimate part of myself, in addition to actively

peeing next to someone I don't know, in addition to all the sounds they

are making.

A more general boy or girl reason could be that the toilets in schools

look far different than home toilets. Their backpiece is metal,

the flusher is at a 90 degree angle instead of being on the porcelain

surface, and in my experience, they usually leak somewhere in that

backpiece. I personally hate touching those metal levers, they're

just so disgusting. So I flush using my foot.

They also have higher water pressure and make more noise when

flushed. The ones at my job even spit water upwards so if you're

not careful you can get it on you. (Ew.)

Another thing about those toilets is that I think the seats are even

more oval, so its easier to accidentally tip into them, especially if

you have a small butt. And school bathrooms are usually kept

pretty cold and those seats are downright awful when they're

cold. I spent a few years where I would only use a commercial

toilet by hovering slightly above the seat, but for someone with

shorter legs that may not be an option.

I find my home toilet much more comfortable than any commercial style

toilet like that. It also helps to know that I know the people

using it and I know it is clean(er)!

I never realized I had such a distinction between the two types of toilet until this question came up.

Perhaps it would help if you made an effort to stop in restrooms when

out? (Specifically the type with the commercial style toilet.)

Another, less desireable option would be to locate the normal toilet in

the school (usually in the nurse's office) and have him use that.

-Lana

On 2/8/07, afortney74 <afortney74@...> wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their childholding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometimewont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hoursonce. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just

wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experiencedthis. She is only 3 and not potty trained.

Maybe this is her way of telling you its time for potty

training? Or at least time for pullups? I can't imagine

being in diapers again. Nothing like sitting in a soggy wet mess

to get your skin all irritated.

-Lana

My son does this too. I've noticed if we go places he'll hold it

unless he really has to go. He also gets so into what he's doing

especially video games that I end up having to make him take a break.

He doesn't want to stop playing. When my son was first being potty

trained I was told his accidents were probably 'cause he didn't feel

he had to go until it was there and no time to make it too the

bathroom. I'm wondering if your daughter might be leary of the

difference of public bathrooms,the noise of the flushing,the texture

of the toilet seat, things like that. Just somethings to think about.

>

> I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child

> holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter

sometime

> wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours

> once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was

just

> wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced

>

my son would also hold it for long times to the point it was not good .the teachers would make reg pee breaks for him .now using a public restroom not to be weird but i dont blame your daughter for not using it they are gross .my lil girl (nt) when she was just turned 3 wouldnt use the bathroom cuz it was dirty she went in each stall and would see dirt or ( you know) on stuff and come right back out saying no it is gross.she also would get scared of the tiolets that auto flush . and since she is nt for a kid with autism or aspies it may be worse for them ..

ways to help her potty train is to take reg pee breaks, introduce the tiolet maybe some fun designed seat .for kids that go over the reg toilet seat .,there are lots of potty books for kids im a big girl now is one . sometimes get to wrapped up in what they are doing that we have to let them know it is time for them to pee. if she is wetting at night keep liquids off limits after a certain time (depending on when bedtime is). 3 is a good age to be already potty trained but if she is aspies or autism maybe she isnt ready although holding is a good sign she is. work with the teachers and write in a pee schedule for her .let her know when she does go great job and so forth make a reward chart for everytime she goes to the bathroom she gets a sticker and if she fills up the little chart she can get a prize (small lil things from like the dollar store work great) antoher thing i tried with my sons was i

bouthg the tiolet things that turn ur water blue and they had fun making the water turn green.( iknow gros but kids fun) i wish u luck on it it took me with my sons a long time to get them completely potty trained and truthfully still having issues my one son is 13 and the other is 11 theone making the number 2 was hard cux he suffers constipation and it hurts him .the other one holds it to long so when he does go it is so forceful and it comes a lil earlier than him getting to the bathroom so wet pants just a lil not enough to really see so u dotn realise it til later when u smell him yuck.so it is hard for some kids . sencoru issues it might make her feel uncomfortable or she may lke the feeling of holding it in . .good luck

Re: Going to the bathroom

My son does this too. I've noticed if we go places he'll hold it unless he really has to go. He also gets so into what he's doing especially video games that I end up having to make him take a break. He doesn't want to stop playing. When my son was first being potty trained I was told his accidents were probably 'cause he didn't feel he had to go until it was there and no time to make it too the bathroom. I'm wondering if your daughter might be leary of the difference of public bathrooms,the noise of the flushing,the texture of the toilet seat, things like that. Just somethings to think about.>> I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child > holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime >

wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours > once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just > wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced > this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.>

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Thanks for the advice. She is still wearing pull ups and wont pee in them. She doesn't understand very much language. I can't explain things to her. I try to sit her on the potty and tell her potty but shr just doesn't understand. She just had a severe UTI. So the doctor order a vcug. Ita procedure to so I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing.vickie <blackfoot124@...> wrote: my son would also hold it for long times to

the point it was not good .the teachers would make reg pee breaks for him .now using a public restroom not to be weird but i dont blame your daughter for not using it they are gross .my lil girl (nt) when she was just turned 3 wouldnt use the bathroom cuz it was dirty she went in each stall and would see dirt or ( you know) on stuff and come right back out saying no it is gross.she also would get scared of the tiolets that auto flush . and since she is nt for a kid with autism or aspies it may be worse for them .. ways to help her potty train is to take reg pee breaks, introduce the tiolet maybe some fun designed seat .for kids that go over the reg toilet seat .,there are lots of potty books for kids im a big girl now is one . sometimes get to wrapped up in what they are doing that we have to let them know it is time for them to pee. if she is wetting at night keep liquids off

limits after a certain time (depending on when bedtime is). 3 is a good age to be already potty trained but if she is aspies or autism maybe she isnt ready although holding is a good sign she is. work with the teachers and write in a pee schedule for her .let her know when she does go great job and so forth make a reward chart for everytime she goes to the bathroom she gets a sticker and if she fills up the little chart she can get a prize (small lil things from like the dollar store work great) antoher thing i tried with my sons was i bouthg the tiolet things that turn ur water blue and they had fun making the water turn green.( iknow gros but kids fun) i wish u luck on it it took me with my sons a long time to get them completely potty trained and truthfully still having issues my one son is 13 and the other is 11 theone making the number 2 was hard cux he suffers constipation and it hurts him .the other one holds it to long so when

he does go it is so forceful and it comes a lil earlier than him getting to the bathroom so wet pants just a lil not enough to really see so u dotn realise it til later when u smell him yuck.so it is hard for some kids . sencoru issues it might make her feel uncomfortable or she may lke the feeling of holding it in . .good luck Re: Going to the bathroom My son does this too. I've noticed if we go places he'll hold it unless he really has to go. He also gets so into what he's doing especially

video games that I end up having to make him take a break. He doesn't want to stop playing. When my son was first being potty trained I was told his accidents were probably 'cause he didn't feel he had to go until it was there and no time to make it too the bathroom. I'm wondering if your daughter might be leary of the difference of public bathrooms,the noise of the flushing,the texture of the toilet seat, things like that. Just somethings to think about.>> I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child > holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime > wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours > once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was

just > wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced > this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.> Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Ally

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

Have you let her watch you pee? Sometimes children learn much better by seeing.

-LanaOn 2/14/07, Ally Fortney <afortney74@...> wrote:

Thanks for the advice. She is still wearing pull ups and wont pee in

them. She doesn't understand very much language. I can't explain things

to her. I try to sit her on the potty and tell her potty but shr just

doesn't understand. She just had a severe UTI. So the doctor order a

vcug. Ita procedure to so I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing.

I was actually wondering this myself. My son doesn't go more then about 3 times per day. And I ask him several times if he has to go and he says no. I have noticed him holding it for a long period of time. That's a good question. Hope there are some answers out there.

stacie

-- Going to the bathroom

I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child

holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime

wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours

once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just

wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced

this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.

I always bring her in when I pee and say good mommy pee.Lana Gibbons <lana.m.gibbons@...> wrote: Have you let her watch you pee? Sometimes children learn much better by seeing.-Lana On 2/14/07, Ally Fortney <afortney74 > wrote: Thanks for the advice. She is still wearing pull

ups and wont pee in them. She doesn't understand very much language. I can't explain things to her. I try to sit her on the potty and tell her potty but shr just doesn't understand. She just had a severe UTI. So the doctor order a vcug. Ita procedure to so I hope I'm not doing the wrong thing. Ally

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

I going to see a radiologist for some testing of her bladder. Is your son potty trained? Stacie <scrapitall54201@...> wrote: I was actually wondering this myself. My son doesn't go more then about 3 times per day. And I ask him several times if he has to go and he says no. I have noticed him holding it for a long period of

time. That's a good question. Hope there are some answers out there. stacie -- Going to the bathroom I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in

for 24 hours once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.

I just wanted to comment here. My son 9yrs

AS “poops” his pants still because he fixates on his interest. He

gets too busy and tries holding it and then it becomes an accident. We have had

endless conversations my husband and I about this and currently what we do is

make him clean himself, the message we are trying to send? He still has to get

off the computer to clean himself; he soon will learn if he doesn’t go to

the bathroom he is prolonging his game. This happens about 2xs a week. In the

past, it was a lot more. Our kids, don’t want to go with your kids being

younger, I would try just taking them every two hours and sitting them. No

questions asked, just go. At least this trains their muscles to do so and if

you done this for them their muscles know to pee once on potty.

Deb’s J

From: Autism and Aspergers Treatment [mailto:Autism and Aspergers Treatment ] On Behalf Of Stacie

Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007

10:09 PM

Autism and Aspergers Treatment

Subject: Re:

Going to the bathroom

I was actually wondering this myself. My son doesn't go

more then about 3 times per day. And I ask him several times if he has

to go and he says no. I have noticed him holding it for a long period of

time. That's a good question. Hope there are some answers out there.

stacie

--

Going to the bathroom

I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with

their child

holding in their urine for long periods of time. My

daughter sometime

wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in

for 24 hours

once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at

school. I was just

wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else

experienced

Good Luck with the radiologist!! Yes my son is potty trained. Once in a blue moon he has a accident.

stacie

-- Going to the bathroom

I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child

holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime

wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours

once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just

wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced

My son was diagnosed with hypotonia (low muscle tone) from birth (He

is HFA) and it did take him until just about 4 years old to potty

train (he still wears pull ups at night). I have noticed that as his

muscle tone improves, his length of time between potty visits has

shortened. He too has gone for several hours even with me asking

before he says he needs too! I think for him it has been a combo of

decreased muscle tone/feeling and maybe a disconnect of what to do

when the feeling came. We spent a lot of time with Elmo's Potty Time

(on the sesame street website) and that really has solidified when he

feels the feeling, he stops what he is doing and goes!

Terri, 's Mom

> I was actually wondering this myself. My son doesn't go more then

about 3

> times per day. And I ask him several times if he has to go and he

says no. I

> have noticed him holding it for a long period of time. That's a good

> question. Hope there are some answers out there.

>

> stacie

>

> -- Going to the bathroom

>

> I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child

> holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter

sometime

> wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours

> once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was

just

> wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced

>

>

>

>

>

Hope is 6 and is almost all the way potty trained, what is the radiologist looking for?Stacie <scrapitall54201@...> wrote: Good Luck with the radiologist!! Yes my son is potty trained. Once in a blue moon he has a accident. stacie -- Going to the bathroom I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.

They are going to do a procedure called a vcug. They insert dye into her bladder to see if her connection tubes are ok and some other things. She had a severe bladder infection a few weeks ago. Some days she holds in her urine for more than 12 hours. Jen <diegowench@...> wrote: Hope is 6 and is almost all the way potty trained, what is the radiologist looking for?Stacie <scrapitall54201sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Good Luck with the radiologist!! Yes my son is potty trained. Once in a blue moon he has a accident. stacie -- Going to the bathroom I was just wondering if anyone else has a problem with their child holding in their urine for long periods of time. My daughter sometime wont go all day until the evening. She has holded it in for 24 hours once. She drinks plenty of fluids and at home and at school. I was just wondering if this was a sensory issue and if anyone else experienced this. She is only 3 and not potty trained.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Here is a product that has made my life a whole lot easier....

if you are a woman who can still stand, but have trouble with getting

in and out of low toilet seats, this is a great product. Here is the

url:

http://www.p-mate.com/eng/intro.html

My sister, who is Type 2 and can't walk or stand, uses adult diapers

in a pinch.

hope this helps!

peaches

>

> > Hi Everyone,

> > Just a short note because I have no strength.

> > I have been very sick the last 4 weeks with a respitory

infection. Since I

> > have no muscles to cough, I couldn't get anything to move.. I

was in the

> > hospital for 1 day but decided I could get better care at home

from my aids.

> > After a fight I finally got oxygen and could sleep a few hours

a night. I am

> > still fighting to get a Cough Assist machine and it should be

here sometime

> > this week. I am feeling a little better but am still too weak

to even feed

> > myself. I hope I get some strength soon.

> > I will try to keep you informed but it will depend on my

strength.

> > I hope I can depend on your thoughts and prayers.

> > Love,

> > Pamela

> >

> >

Guest guest

Check out the Freshette. It can be used sitting.

http://www.freshette.com/usage.html

>

> Hi. I am going away for the day on Sat. and will probably be gone

for 10 to 12 hrs. It would be nice to be able to go to the bathroom at

some point while I'm gone. But public bathrooms just don't work for me,

not even the handicap stalls.....only one railing, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas? I use a scooter and would like not to

have to get up.

Guest guest

>

have to get up.

Guest guest

Thanks for the couple of suggestions that I got. They look like they might work.

Robin

Re: going to the bathroom

>

have to get up.

Guest guest

> Compendium of Ways to Pee, etc

>

> This is not an attempt to list the usual urinals or ways to pee (such as

> run-of-the-mill leg bags). Rather, this is for those looking for an

> alternative. It's not comprehensive... but it's all I found.

>

> Some of these can be used by women whether standing or sitting.

> The same for men.

> Some are good for standing only.

> The same for men.

>

> For someone that is still walking, but has difficulty getting up and own

> from the toilet, the stand-only ones can still be an option. If you get

> something like this, rails to hang onto either side (such as are added

> to toilets) would be a good idea to keep from getting too tired.

>

> For those in that situation, and also with a home of

> their own that can be re-plumbed a little, a female version of a urinal

> you would find in a men's restroom is also a possibility.

> Yes, such a thing exists!

>

> There's even an alternate " time of the month " item, but I have no idea

> how well it works.

>

> Guys, there are fewer options short of a catheter, but several of the

> items below are also made for men.

>

> ----------------------------------------

>

> Urinals, Male Urinals, Female Urinals, Spill Proof Urinals : Advantage

> Urinal Systems

> http://www.medassisttech.com/

>

> EEZEEWEE multi-purpose urinal for men and women

> http://www.mouldmed.co.za/ezwad.htm

>

> Freshette®

> http://www.freshette.com/

>

> P-mate

> http://www.p-mate.com/eng/product.html

> http://www.pmate.de/

>

> Magic Cone Disposable urination funnel

> http://www.magic-cone.com/index.htm

>

> shewee hygienic method of urinating while standing up

> Urine funnel for Ladies SheWee she wee

> http://www.shewee.com/

>

> The Incredibly Easy Pee-Zee

> http://pee-zees.tripod.com/

>

> Whizzy lets you pee standing up! - female urinary aids for adventurous,

> sanitary-minded, or disabled women

> http://whizzy4you.com/

>

> Welcome to whizaway.com - Home of the Whiz®

> http://www.whizproducts.co.uk/en/

>

> Female Urination Apparatus - Aids for Women to Pee Standing Up

> http://www.mysweetpee.com/

>

> Papillon - female urination aid

> An aid to accommodate standing urination for women. Simple in shape and

> anatomically correct, this device is easy to use. It is made from a soy

> by-product slurry making it disposable and biodegradable.

> Designer: Oliver Beckert

> oliver(at)elsewareinc.com

> http://www.elseware.to/index_elseware.htm

>

> Genius Lady - Il prodotto che consente alle donne di fare la pipì in

> posizione eretta (Italy)

> http://www.geniuslady.com/

> Genius Lady - The product which allows womens to urinate from a standing

> position

> http://www.geniuslady.com/frameeng.htm

>

>

> Urinelle - the urination funnel for women

> http://www.urinelle.biz/

>

> Kant Wate Portable Urinals at Aces Pilot Shop

> (still available, but discontinued by manufacturer)

> http://www.acespilotshop.com/pilot-supplies/safety/kant-wate-kw-104-female.htm

>

> The Female Urinal (site just starting in 2006)

> http://www.femaleurinal.com/

>

> Travel (disposable, absorbs in a gel)

> http://www.traveljohn.com/

>

> TravelMate Personal Hygiene Solutions

> http://www.travelmateinfo.com/

>

> Male AND Female Friendly On-Board Urinal

> the Pit Stop On-Board Urinal System (large capactiy)

> http://pitstopinfo.com/

> http://www.transporttrends.com/mvnforum/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1253

>

> uribag: Welcome to Van den Burg products (men's and women's versions)

> http://www.uribag.com/

> Youre Able Mobility Aids Uribag female urinal

> - handbag size from www.youreableshop.co.uk

>

http://www.youreableshop.co.uk/modules/catbuild/files/Uribagfemaleurinalhandbags\

izeUriBagS.htm

>

> BackpackGearTest.org - Feminine Hygiene gear test reports

> http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Personal%20Hygiene/Feminine%20Hygiene/

>

>

> BioDerm Liberty Pouch / External Continence Device

> http://www.bioderm-inc.com/index.html

> BioDerm Tube Holder

> http://www.bioderm-inc.com/tube.htm

> BioDerm Liberty Pouch (unusual leg bag system for men)

> http://www.libertypouch.us/index.html

>

> Quick Drain Valve - (pictured with cross-bar) at AllegroMedical.com

>

http://www.allegromedical.com/products/shop-by-category/urologicals-catheters/ac\

cessories/urocare/192436.html

>

> JB-3 Leg Bag Valve Home Page - Easy Leg Bag Emptying Without Electricity

> - Non Electric Leg Bag Valve!

> http://www.jb-3.com/

>

> Freedom Spring Leg Bag Release System

> http://www.wheelsunlimited.com/legbagvalve.html

> Welcome to Concept Development Group

>

> developers of the Freedom Flow leg bag valve

> http://conceptdg.com/

>

> RD Equipment, Inc.

> click on Products for electric bag emptiers

> http://www.rdequipment.com/

>

> Electric Leg Bag Emptier 2 for Power Wheelchairs

> http://www.wheelchairs.com/legbag2.htm

>

> Freedom Industries - Products for People with Disabilities, mobility

> impairments, floor toilets, leg bag, wheelchair, catheter, catheter

> release, prostethics, paralyzed, quad, para,spinal cord

> injury,mss,toilet,handicap,ada,bathroom,assistive technology,

> Bathroom Gem© Floor Toilets

> Bathroom Gem © Leg Bag Emptiers

> http://www.freedomprod.com/

>

> Products Incorporated - HydroFlush Mini

> http://www.richardsonproducts.com/hydroflushmini.html

>

> SUPERQUADS " Mouth Paintings and Assistive Devises "

> http://www.superquads.com/superquad.html

> Leg Bag Emptier 870-467-5884 electric leg bag valve

> http://www.superquads.com/LegbagEmptier.html

> Hitch-a-Lift 870-467-5884

> Carry the top part of a Hoyer lift on a receiver hitch

> http://www.superquads.com/HitchaLift.html

>

> Electric Leg Bag Emptier

> http://store.integratedrehabsystems.com/ellegbagem.html

>

> Adaptive Switch Laboratories, Inc. : Catalog - Product Details

> ASL Low Voltage Power Leg Bag Emptier

> http://www.asl-inc.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.asp?productid=79

>

> GO-PEE ELECTRIC LEGBAG EMPTIER

> http://wheelchairparts.net/productCat56532.ctlg

>

>

> The G-Funnel @ BioRelief.com

> The G-funnel is ideal for both men and women as a portable urinal

> adapter. The G-Funnel simply screws onto any plastic soda or water bottle.

> http://www.biorelief.com/store/G-Funnel.html

>

> Uriwell® Personal Toilet @ BioRelief.com

> (telescopic accordion 750cc pee jug)

> The Uriwell® personal toilet is made of a rigid plastic that is

> collapsible, and bendable so that it is easy to store and use. The

> unisex adapter makes it a easy to use for everyone. Sold in units of 1

> each. $8.95

> http://www.biorelief.com/store/uriwell_personal_toilet.html

>

> TravelMate - Accessory for Females @ BioRelief.com

> http://www.biorelief.com/store/Travel_Mate.html

>

> The Outback Pack™ @ BioRelief.com

> The Outback Pack™ is a strong, double wall, corrugated cardboard

> portable toilet. $14.95

> http://www.biorelief.com/store/Outback_Pack_Toilet.html

>

> Travel™ Foldable Commode Chair @ BioRelief.com

> Travel™ Foldable Commode Chair made of steel frame construction.

> $29.99

> http://www.biorelief.com/store/Commode-Chair.html

>

>

> Active Mobility (urinals)

> http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop/default.php?cPath=22_29

> Bridge Saddle Pan

>

http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_29 & products_id=77\

1 & osCsid=ee4a9fb3bcb17dc56109bd64b7df9083

> Cygnet Female Urinal

>

http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_29 & products_id=19\

8 & osCsid=ee4a9fb3bcb17dc56109bd64b7df9083

> Drainage Urinal Funnel With Bag (Female)

>

http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_29 & products_id=97\

4 & osCsid=ee4a9fb3bcb17dc56109bd64b7df9083

> Drainage Urinal Funnel With Bag (Male)

>

http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_29 & products_id=97\

5 & osCsid=ee4a9fb3bcb17dc56109bd64b7df9083

> Drainage Urinal With Bag (Male)

>

3 & osCsid=ee4a9fb3bcb17dc56109bd64b7df9083

> Urifem

>

http://www.activemobility.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_29 & products_id=13\

56 & osCsid=ee4a9fb3bcb17dc56109bd64b7df9083

>

>

> Traditional stuff (among zillions):

>

> Amazon.com Health & Personal Care: urinal

> (many traditional varieties in one place)

>

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=nb_ss_hpc/102-7894972-3100901?url=search-ali\

as%3Dhpc & field-keywords=urinal & Go.x=15 & Go.y=9 & Go=Go

>

> Westons Internet Online Catalogue - bathing, toileting, bed & chair,

> comfort & dressing, kitchen & dining, household , mobility, moving &

> handling

> do a search for " urinal " , and you will come up with a few of the above items

> http://www.westons.com/acatalog/index.html

>

>

> " That time "

>

> The DivaCup™

> http://www.divacup.com/

>

>

> For house installation:

>

> GBH Lady-Loo Female Urinal

> http://www.gbhgroup.com.my/saniware/saniware4c.htm

> GBH Lady-Loo - Female Urinal

>

http://www.gbhgroup.com.my/SANIWARE/Urinals%20Sanitaryware/framespage/Lady-Loo_f\

rame.htm

>

> NEW & NEU: Urinal & Pissoir für Damen, lavatory for women, (Steh-Pissoir)

> http://www.demiriz.net/demirizsites/md/evpage.html

>

> Your complete plumbing reference - Handicap Toilets

> http://www.totalplumbingguide.info/Handicap-Toilets/

>

> urinal - Products for urinal - Manufacturers, Exporters, Suppliers,

> Traders, Companies, Factories

>

http://urinal.directory.alibaba.com/src=overture & albch=overture & albcp=content_co\

nstruction-real-estate & albkw=urinal-none & albag=product_bath-toilet-appliances_ur\

inal_none & albmt=advanced & albst=content?OVRAW=urinal & OVKEY=urinal & OVMTC=standard

>

> Ceramica Catalano srl

> product thun system girly girly

> http://www.catalano.it/english/index.htm

> Girly.jpg (JPEG Image, 827x1169 pixels)

> http://www.catalano.it/english/Thun/SistemaGirly/schede/Girly.jpg

> GIRLY | Dexigner

> http://www.dexigner.com/product/gallery-g350.html

>

> The " Psychological " Experience When a woman has to use the toilet in a

> social environment, it is more often than not a tedious and

> uncomfortable experience for several reasons:

> http://www.sierpnica.republika.pl/sphinx.htm

> Bunse Haustechnik - Das Lady P.

> http://www.bunsehaustechnik.de/lady.htm

> BIDET - Badratgeber.de - Ihr Informationsportal zum Thema Bad

> http://www.badratgeber.de/baden-duschen/ausstattung/urinal/urinal.php

> Lady P.

> http://www.lachenit.de/LadyP.htm

> Koninklijke Sphinx (makas the Lady P., but I can't find it on the site)

> http://www.sphinx.nl/

Robin wrote on 03/04/08 10:23:

> for 10 to 12 hrs. It would be nice to be able to go to the bathroom

> at some point while I'm gone. But public bathrooms just don't work

> for me, not even the handicap stalls.....only one railing, etc, etc,

> etc, etc. Does anyone have any ideas? I use a scooter and would

> like not to have to get up. Robin