RemedySpot.com

Re: Breast cancer and alcohol / answered my own question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I checked around the web after asking my question.

Here are a couple of articles on the subject. The second article puts it into perspective and states that adequate folic acid (and any CRONIE would be getting that) negates the alcohol factor:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/27/ncancer227.xml

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_7013377?source=most_emailed

A 2001 analysis that Ellison conducted found comparable, but slightly lower, rates than the Kaiser research for women drinking one drink per day. The study also noted that women who consumed an adequate intake of folic acid — a type of B vitamin — had no increased breast cancer risk from moderate drinking.

Reply-< >

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:39:49 -0400

support group < >

Conversation: Breast cancer and alcohol

Subject: [ ] Breast cancer and alcohol

A study came out yesterday implicating all forms of alcohol (even red wine) to an increased risk of breast cancer. Even one glass = 10% higher risk. Three glasses =30% higher risk. All heard on the national news – I don’t see anything in today’s paper. The theory is that alcohol causes a rise in estrogen which of course causes one form of breast cancer.

Is anyone familiar with this latest study? Were other possible causes ruled out such as what these people ate and how health conscious they were? Does this apply to us?

I would hate to give up my daily moderate wine drinking (always thinking it was a “health food”). I could switch to grapes but it’s not quite the same......:-))

As always your opinions are welcomed.