RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: And what do you plan to do about it? (was:]Methionine and Brain Function)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry about that. I was mistakenly lumping soybeans, legumes, and other beans. Legumes (except for soy) and beans are low MET apparently so that contradiction is not longer applicable.

For me that makes Met restriction much easier.

I can now see that it may be possible to go on a “low MET’ diet and occasionally “splurge” on treats now and then that I previously shunned. This may be a lot more fun than CRON is, if the MET (and some other amino acid) theory proves to be the reason that CRON works.

Reply-< >

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:48:50 -0000

< >

Subject: [ ] Re: And what do you plan to do about it? (was:]Methionine and Brain Function)

Hi Francesca:

> 4) Some high methionine foods (legumes) are contradictorily associated with

> greater longevity. What are we do to with this contradictory information?

I don't agree that beans have a high MET content. I would like to know the source of the *data* supporting this claim.

>

> Right now I’m not changing anything in my diet and hedging all my bets.

> That includes moderate red wine (for longevity insurance), low sugar, and

> CRON. But I’d be interested in hearing what if anything the others are

> planning to do with this information, if anything.

Some time ago I shifted my diet to avoid foods with a high MET content per calorie. The elimination of egg whites being the single most classic example. I would like to average one gram of MET per day, if possible. Beyond this I have made no other changes to my diet. So you might say I am on (or aiming at) a basicly low-fat diet of 1800 calories with one gram of MET. But I am not fanatical about my pursuit of these numbers.

Rodney.