RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamin D and Stroke Risk ????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From a nutrition point of view, IMO, USING all the data I have read is confusing.

Fortunately, I live in an area of relatively high sunlight, but those at the latitudes where you live or say, North of North Carolina might want to get their serum level tested.

My gson was short of Calcium when born and it was a MAJOR task, exacting measurements of Calcitriol and Calcium Biophosphonate to maintain the correct level of serum CALCIUM, without causing the formation of STONES.

I would never attempt to add large amounts of dietary D3 without consulting a doctor, getting regular (monthly) measurements. This is a medical issue. Maybe the RDA should be raised - we'll see if that comes to pass after the reviews.

Sorry, I don't buy the discussions I've read on the various CR groups. I think the precise definition of word "toxic" in regard to vitamin D is misleading. Is the development of stones "toxic"?

If I lived in Toronto, I'd get a sunlamp, maybe, but first I'd verify whether I was short of serum D.

Regards.

[ ] Vitamin D and Stroke Risk ????

Hi folks:"Reduced vitamin D was identified in the majority of patients with acute stroke throughout the year and may have preceded stroke. Vitamin D is a potential risk marker for stroke, and the role of vitamin D repletion in enhancing musculoskeletal health after stroke needs to be explored."PMID: 16322500 I sure hope someone is keeping a list of the all things vitamin D is supposed to prevent.Rodney.