RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Introduction + lab rat offer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Rodney, thank you very much for your replay1. Go to your doctor and ask for him/her to do all the regular testson you. Tell them that you want these numbers as a benchmark forfuture reference. And file them where you will be able to find themagain later. (If you do not do this you will not be able to seelater the difference CRON has made to your health).

I will do it next week, do you think it is already too late? And I've been doing them you the past years so I already have some records.

2. Read everything that is in the files, links and database here.(Click on 'Files' 'Links' and 'Database' at top left of page.)

I am doing it - actually I decided to start after reading almost one year worth of messages here :-)

3. Read Dr. Roy Walford's book 'Beyond the 120-Year Diet'. It isconsidered THE authoritative source of information around here. AndDr. Walford THE authority on CRON.

I couln't find it here in germany, but Amazon is bringing me a copy!!

4. Eating as little as you are is probably too little. There is norush, especially at your age. For a moderately active 26 year old,130 pound, female you would probably need ~1800 calories to maintainyour weight. So you should **gradually** move your caloric intakedown from that level. 1600 calories would be far enough to drop yourintake initially. Then after a few months to 1500. Then later to1400 until your health biomarkers are excellent - perhapsapproximately equivalent to those in the WUSTL study.

I agree with the 1800 for maintain.

The thing is I have been eating around 1600 already for the last 4 months I think. And I am feeling so good with 1200 that I don't want to change now .. maybe later.

What is the WUSTL study? ok I will google it :)

5. Do not forget about the ON part of CRON. It is just as importantas the CR part. I see you already realize this as you are trackingyour nutrients at CRON-o-Meter.

Actually I am much more worried with the ON part than the CR

I am not aware of problems associated with excessive B12 intake. Butsince it only comes from animal products it suggests you could reducethat by reducing your intake of animal foods.I have a constant battle getting my iron intake down to anappropriate level. But I do not have an issue with anaemia.

I still don't consume those amount of b12, my animal products intake is around 200 grams fish a week. But if I would eat lots of seafood, like 100 grams a day, I would have those huge b12. I am sorry for not being very clear.

Again, thanks very much!

From: "Rodney" <perspect1111@...>Reply- Subject: [ ] Re: Introduction + lab rat offerDate: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:31:48 -0000Hi :WELCOME. Congratulations on making the decision to become reallyhealthy!Since you ask, here are my suggestions for what to do right now.2. Read everything that is in the files, links and database here.(Click on 'Files' 'Links' and 'Database' at top left of page.)3. Read Dr. Roy Walford's book 'Beyond the 120-Year Diet'. It isconsidered THE authoritative source of information around here. AndDr. Walford THE authority on CRON.4. Eating as little as you are is probably too little. There is norush, especially at your age. For a moderately active 26 year old,130 pound, female you would probably need ~1800 calories to maintainyour weight. So you should **gradually** move your caloric intakedown from that level. 1600 calories would be far enough to drop yourintake initially. Then after a few months to 1500. Then later to1400 until your health biomarkers are excellent - perhapsapproximately equivalent to those in the WUSTL study.5. Do not forget about the ON part of CRON. It is just as importantas the CR part. I see you already realize this as you are trackingyour nutrients at CRON-o-Meter.You will find there are differing opinions about the appropriate fatintake. In my opinion 10% to 20% of your calories should come fromfat. With the lowest possible levels of saturated and trans fats.I am not aware of problems associated with excessive B12 intake. Butsince it only comes from animal products it suggests you could reducethat by reducing your intake of animal foods.I have a constant battle getting my iron intake down to anappropriate level. But I do not have an issue with anaemia.Have fun.Rodney.>> Hi dear CRON fellows,>> (didn't know how to write and decided to make it cold turkey)> I am 26 and started CRON 5 days ago. I have been averaging,according> to CRON-o-Meter, 1140 kcals a day, and something around 80% of> vitamins and minerals. Oh and I am 130 lbs (59.5 kg), BMI 21.2.>> I am writing to "offer myself" for experiments ;-) I mean, I love> making experiments, but I am not that creative, I am writing down> everything that I am feeling, eating or thinking, and also my sleep> patterns.>> Any ideas?>> And I also have some questions:>> (1) How do you eat RDA of Iron? I try very hard and still don'tcross> the 70% line (supposing 18 mg as 100%) and I have Talassemia, which> is a genetic blood condition that makes my hemoglobins live less,ie> I am always anemic so I better eat enough Iron!!)> (2) Is there a problem eating too much B12? Something as 1000%. Iask> this because, the only thing that seems to higher my Iron intake is> seafood, which are very very high in B12.> (3) How much fat do you think is necessary? I usually consume 10> gr/day>> Thank you very much in advance!>> and nice to meet you :)>> >