RemedySpot.com

Re: CRON, RESVERATROL and AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you. I wasn't claiming anything, btw, I was merely saying that I had read it, but I was also saying that I was confused and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it. I cannot remember the source but surely that shouldn't mean I can't ask the group. We autoimmune sufferers need facts too!!!

P

In a message dated 15/05/2008 13:12:07 GMT Standard Time, fskelton@... writes:

Nobody knows how CR works.Please cite citations if you are going to claim that resveratrol is detrimental to autoimmune disease. We need facts. In fact citations are required for any scientific claims on this board.If you have read Walford’s book (which is a requirement here) you would read that CR is beneficial for autoimmune and other disease as well.

Guest guest

Nobody knows how CR works.

Please cite citations if you are going to claim that resveratrol is detrimental to autoimmune disease. We need facts. In fact citations are required for any scientific claims on this board.

If you have read Walford’s book (which is a requirement here) you would read that CR is beneficial for autoimmune and other disease as well.

Reply-< >

Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:58:45 -0000

< >

Subject: [ ] CRON, RESVERATROL and AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE??

I'm very confused and would like some help please! I understand that

calorie restriction benefits the body by switching on Resveratrol in

the body. This is supposed to protect from numerous degenerative

diseases, including autoimmune disease. However, I recently learned

that Resveratrol is not good for autoimmune disease. Is CRON good for

autoimune disease, then, or not?

Thank you!

Peta

Guest guest

There’s a lot of garbage out there. If you read something and it doesn’t have any citation from peer-reviewed scientific sources, then chances are it’s not credible.

Of course you can ask the group and you did. But it’s a good idea to ask yourself before posting: “Where’s the proof of this claim”? If there isn’t any you’ve answered the question yourself.

The net and much reading material are full of nonsense (for financial gain in many cases) and we would be filtering through it constantly on the board if everything in print was given credibility rather than us dealing in peer-reviewed scientific sources.

Reply-< >

Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:39:29 EDT

< >

Subject: Re: [ ] CRON, RESVERATROL and AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE??

Thank you. I wasn't claiming anything, btw, I was merely saying that I had read it, but I was also saying that I was confused and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it. I cannot remember the source but surely that shouldn't mean I can't ask the group. We autoimmune sufferers need facts too!!!

P

In a message dated 15/05/2008 13:12:07 GMT Standard Time, fskelton@... writes:

Nobody knows how CR works.

Please cite citations if you are going to claim that resveratrol is detrimental to autoimmune disease. We need facts. In fact citations are required for any scientific claims on this board.

If you have read Walford’s book (which is a requirement here) you would read that CR is beneficial for autoimmune and other disease as well.

Guest guest

Hi Peta:

A Google search using the expression "autoimmune disease caloric restriction" comes up with ~130,000 references. Click here if you like:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en & q=Caloric+restriction+autoimmune+disease & btnG=Search & meta=

or here:

http://snipurl.com/298mq

You will have to decide for yourself which of the sources there, if any, can be taken seriously.

Rodney.>> I'm very confused and would like some help please! I understand that > calorie restriction benefits the body by switching on Resveratrol in > the body. This is supposed to protect from numerous degenerative > diseases, including autoimmune disease. However, I recently learned > that Resveratrol is not good for autoimmune disease. Is CRON good for > autoimune disease, then, or not?> Thank you!> Peta>