RemedySpot.com

Heavy soy eaters >>>dementia; moderate soy>> OK; (was: Re:Soy >>> Dementia)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What’s wrong with just going heavy on the veggies, and maybe having some tofu, fish and/or chicken now and then? No need to cut out soy entirely, just cut down (as the study said, the dementia results are only indicated for everyday tofu eaters; moderate eaters were Ok).

I think the previous heading for this thread is misleading; please note the change in subject heading.

Reply-< >

Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 18:43:38 +0200

< >

Subject: [ ] Re:Soy >>> Dementia

Having transited from lean meat to soy protein with substantial effort, partly to cut methionin - and now a second study linking tofu to dementia, damn it! Sure, it could be the formaldehyde and not the estrogens, but wouldn't elementary safety indicate not going too heavy on soy?

Assuming it's the estrogens that are the culprit, I wonder whether anything can be said about non-tofu soy products....... The study indicates that tempe is OK, Rodney hopes natto is OK and for me it is soy protein (defatted soy beans) - I was just going to buy another 20 kilos from a wholeseller .... hoping I don't have to make a major dietary shift again.....

// Ulf

Posted by Rodney:

It looks like there is now another study suggesting a positive

association between some soy products and dementia:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/7490202.stm <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/7490202.stm>

Hopefully not for natto? ; ^ )))