RemedySpot.com

Re: CRON Conversation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I’ve learned to save my breath. People don’t want to hear it.

I also think we can come across as weirdoes and fanatics. There’s been enough publicity for intelligent people to have made up their minds about it one way or another. The issue reminds me of the people who come to our door every once in a while trying to “convert” us to their religion. I live in an area where most homeowners are educated profiessionals. So my stock answer to these people is: “Don’t you think people in this neighborhood have read about/thought about these issues and have made our decisions? I would have more respect for you if you were out helping the poor and hungry, then parading around affluent neighborhoods where people don’t need your so-called help”.

Sorry to digress but I think people resent being told what to think. The best thing you can do IMHO is recommend they read Walford’s book. And not preach.

Reply-< >

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:45:56 -0000

< >

Subject: [ ] CRON Conversation

Hi folks:

I had a conversation today with someone about CR. Their BMI is between 27 and 28. When I suggested CR to them their response essentially was: " Well I enjoy food too much to starve myself eating bran for the rest of my life just for a couple of extra years of lifespan. "

Of course I didn't have a prepared script ready for what to say in reply to this, so I simply said what came to mind, and the following was what came out:

" Well look, there is an issue about food quality, and I don't know whether you eat food that is essentially healthy or not. But let's suppose you do eat basicly healthy food, then look at CR this way: right now you are probably eating three meals a day of food you thoroughly enjoy. To do CR all you need to do, in essence, is eat exactly the same foods, in exactly the same amounts at each meal as you are right now, and enjoy it just as much as you always do. All you have to do differently is do it twice a day instead of three times. Is there any reason to believe you wouldn't be capable of that? "

The response to this was silence. He didn't want to admit he might be eating unhealthy food. And he dare not say: " No I am not capable of that " . So now it may have sunk in as a sort of challenge. Probably this will have had no effect at all. But just possibly this may have set a thought process in motion, entailing the idea: " Well that isn't much different is it? Perhaps I *could* do that. "

Who knows. But just a thought about one way to handle that particular kind of 'objection'. fwiw.

Rodney.

Agree.

Especially since we haven't been able to slow their drinking and smoking.

I believe I'll have to get to 95 before they'll notice.

Regards

[ ] CRON Conversation Hi folks:I had a conversation today with someone about CR. Their BMI is between 27 and 28. When I suggested CR to them their response essentially was: "Well I enjoy food too much to starve myself eating bran for the rest of my life just for a couple of extra years of lifespan."Of course I didn't have a prepared script ready for what to say in reply to this, so I simply said what came to mind, and the following was what came out:"Well look, there is an issue about food quality, and I don't know whether you eat food that is essentially healthy or not. But let's suppose you do eat basicly healthy food, then look at CR this way: right now you are probably eating three meals a day of food you thoroughly enjoy. To do CR all you need to do, in essence, is eat exactly the same foods, in exactly the same amounts at each meal as you are right now, and enjoy it just as much as you always do. All you have to do differently is do it twice a day instead of three times. Is there any reason to believe you wouldn't be capable of that?"The response to this was silence. He didn't want to admit he might be eating unhealthy food. And he dare not say: "No I am not capable of that". So now it may have sunk in as a sort of challenge. Probably this will have had no effect at all. But just possibly this may have set a thought process in motion, entailing the idea: "Well that isn't much different is it? Perhaps I *could* do that."Who knows. But just a thought about one way to handle that particular kind of 'objection'. fwiw.Rodney.

Re: CRON Conversation

Posted by: " jwwright " jwwright@... jwwright2

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:23 am (PDT)

Agree.

Especially since we haven't been able to slow their drinking and smoking.

I believe I'll have to get to 95 before they'll notice.

Regards

Re: [ ] CRON Conversation

I've learned to save my breath. People don't want to hear it.

-------------------

All

Sometimes the person you describe is a relative. One family

member was told by our family doctor if he didn't

change his habits he would die soon. He told the doctor he

was sorry but he did not think he could change. He is in

extremely poor health because of overeating and smoking.

Cheers,

Arturo

Rodney wrote [[i had a conversation today with someone about CR. [snip]

So now it may have sunk in as a sort of challenge.]]

** As a Yogini, vegetarian and Ayurvedic practitioner, to a degree, I

can 'get away' with having a " weird " or " odd " diet (as defined by

others). My lifestyle allows me a certain inroad into conversations on

the subject, and to have people listen a bit more than normal, based on

my long-term experience. However, by and large, it boils down to

discrimination, meaning, I have to discriminate who I explain things to

and who I decide to simply smile and walk away from.

[[Probably this will have had no effect at all.]]

** I believe, based on personal experience, that every encounter, no

matter how seemingly trivial it may appear, does leave a small

impression .. a seed, if you will. So that I think your words on CR

did leave a mark. Now, as to where that may lead .. who is to say.

Your knowledge sharing may manifest in a few days, a few weeks, even a

few years. When I do this, I think, " Youve planted your seed, now walk

away. "

Otherwise, I thought you gave a good description of CR.

Om Peace!

Valarie Devi