RemedySpot.com

Re: database, ON, garlic bread & kimchi .. was: Running and Health

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Siddha:

I just want to say that of all the nutrition analysis software I have used, CRON-o-Meter is by far the most convenient.

Rodney.

>> Tony wrote [[Thanks for the comment about my web site. I have an > interest in trying to quantify CR to avoid some of the problems that > the extreme practitioners suffer, such as osteoporosis.]]> ** The compliment is well deserved. Your website is extensive, and, > the overall impression is that you are very 'human'; meaning, it is > more than a website but in in-site (if I may) into who you are. Very > personal. I like it. Oh .. and you do a beautiful Mayurasana.> > [[i have put your numbers in the Calorie Restriction Calculator:> http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/cron1.html> Using your height of 5'6", weight 130 lb, age 49, very active level of> activity, and 1300 Calories per day gives your Percentage of Calorie> Restriction as 40%. At 1200 Calories it is around 45%CR.]]> ** This is yet another aspect of your site that I enjoyed, and which > prompted me to come back frequently: the database and calculators. > That they are coupled with informative data, explaining them, is a > win-win combination. As an aside, I also added my measurements to > the database on this list (thanks for the suggstion Rodney!).> > [[i think that with your level of activity you are already practicing> around 40% CR.]]> ** Ok. Part of being new to this approach is learning the language, > so I appreciate the observation and estimate.> > [[Don't become obsessed about your waist size or body shape; that > opens the door toward anorexia.]]> ** An eating disorder is not even part of my life paradigm. If > anything, eating too much is! I do love preparing good food, and > eating good food, and hot sourdough bread with real butter and > roasted garlic, and red wine, and dark chocolates .. and ..> > :D> > [[Your emphasis should be to assure that you have optimum nutrition > by getting the RDA of all vitamins and minerals.]]> ** Yes. In fact, optimum nutrition and searching for 'super-foods' > (for example) is what brought me here (to this subject and list).> > [[CRON-o-Meter is a good tool for this purpose.]]> ** I was just looking at this and considering downloading it. I may > switch over from fitday to this. My challenge, however, with fitday, > is, though an extensive listing of many foods, I end up customizing > most of what I eat. Which, I suppose, is not a 'bad' thing, just, I > think they should update their database. An example is kimchi, which > I love and eat almost daily, but I had to customize it on fitday. > Because the kimchi I eat is literally handmade, I do not have > specific nutrional information on it so know that fitday is only a > ballpark estimate of my daily intake.> > Om Peace!> Valarie Devi> http://hamsa-yogashala.com/>