RemedySpot.com

Re: My book is due tomorrow/diet for cancer survivors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

always gives good advice so I second what he said.

I would only add that I can’t see any harm in eating more healthy. Since at your age, calorie restriction, if any, should be mild – just switching to a healthier diet usually results in mild calorie restriction anyway. The foods associated with such a diet (more plants, less red meat, less sugar, etc) are lower in calories than the traditional western diet.

See our cancer file in the files section under “CRON SCIENCE”. This file is not yet complete but you can do your own search of our archives to read other past posts on foods that might be especially relevant for those with a history of cancer.

Reply-< >

Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:58:40 -0500

< >

Subject: Re: [ ] My book is due tomorrow

This is pure speculation on my part, but it seems if you gained the weight fairly rapidly you should be able to lose it more quickly. If we could count on LIFO (last in first out), which I'm not sure we can completely.  So I would still target losing it somewhat slower than you gained it.

There is a huge difference between getting energy balance only slightly negative, and severe caloric restriction which is unwise at advanced age and not proved at any age (in humans). I would further make a distinction between weight loss and true caloric restriction. While you are still feeding off your excess fat stores you are arguably not fully restricted.  

A high fiber diet could be somewhat helpful at scrubbing fat soluble toxins from gut, but not necessarily from blood stream. A recent thread opened up the possibility that fat loss also could release some beneficial fat soluble vitamins (A,  D, etc.).

When in doubt moderation always, but we are all different individuals with different circumstance. I repeat the primary focus of getting full nutrition first. If eating a high fiber diet you may not absorb all the fat soluble nutrition you are eating so when in doubt target the high side of nominal intake for nutrients.

Good luck... there are many foods and nutrients reported to be cancer protective, but cancer has many faces so again it depends on your personal circumstance. There's also a lot of nonsense out there so first do no harm. If something you read sounds stupid, maybe it is. Don't rely on speculations or opinions (like mine).

JR

On Apr 8, 2008, at 9:27 AM, bannh1102 wrote:

Hi, I'm new. From the files or reviews I've read I may be making a 

mistake jumping in here because of my age. I'm 63, I have health 

problems. I've been into alternatives for a while but I went the 

conventional path for my cancer. Now I want to go the healthy path 

for prevention. 

So here's the problem. Losing weight to fast can release to much 

toxins into my blood. I gained a lot of weight with my cancer 

treatment. Some how it caused problems with my thyroid that seems to 

have stopped when I completed the drug. Why, I don't know but now my 

test are good with no other reason.

Does this group recommend any detox that might help me? Do you just 

recommend going very slowly? 

I have done a lot of research on healthy eating an have some strong 

convictions on what not to eat, no meat, etc. I seem to differ with 

this group on healthy oils. I prefer to read the book before I talk 

about that.

Thank you all for allowing me to join this group. I hope at some point 

I know enough to contribute to this list.

Barb