RemedySpot.com

Shirt Sizes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi folks:

A couple of weeks ago I was in a store and saw a casual shirt I liked. So I went to the counter to enquire what size I would need. The assistant asked: "Well, what size are you?". "Chest size 37 inches", I replied. "Well we don't measure in inches" she said. "I know" I said, " if you did I wouldn't need to ask. So what size of yours corresponds to 37 inches?"

"Try medium", she suggested.

I tried medium. It would have been just right if I was eight months pregnant, but I'm not, nor likely to be for a multitude of reasons. So I went back and asked her what sizes they have. "We have medium, five sizes above medium, and one size below medium called small. But they don't manufacture shirts in the small size."

Sigh.

Remember the 'outsize' stores specially for people above normal clothing sizes who couldn't find clothes they could fit into at regular stores? It is getting to be that those are now the normal sizes and the 'outsize' stores will soon be devoting themselves to people like us.

Rodney.