Reply-< >

Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:06:41 -0400

support group < >

Conversation: 101 year old marathon runner

Subject: [ ] 101 year old marathon runner

He was featured on U.S. NBC National News tonight. The guy (who doesn't

look anywhere near his age) drinks many pints of ale a day (he's English),

and smokes. Go figure.

At least he was quite lean. He finished the marathon in about 10 hours.

Guest guest

Yup, I saw that on one of the morning news programs. I would also point out he still holds a job, washing trucks or something like that. The main lesson to draw from this IMO is that individuals differ.The only reason it's news is combination of, smoke, drink, running, and age. I kind of like the advice of his trainer/coach (?), "don't change what's apparently working for him".I would also advise against him starting CR.   JROn Apr 13, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Francesca Skelton wrote:He was featured on U.S. NBC National News tonight. The guy (who doesn'tlook anywhere near his age) drinks many pints of ale a day (he's English),and smokes. Go figure.At least he was quite lean. He finished the marathon in about 10 hours.

Guest guest

Hi folks:

Not to diminish his accomplishment in any way ......... but ten hours for a marathon might better be described as "101 Year Old Marathon ".

Nonetheless, good for him. Getting to 100 is great. Getting there healthy enough to stand up is wonderful. Being able to walk 26 miles in one stretch as well is magnificent.

My objective for my 100th birthday is to play a round of golf without a cart, carrying a few favorite clubs (2-iron, 5-iron, 8-iron and putter, in a very light bag). That is only three to four miles. I probably will not make it, one way or another. But, at two-thirds of the way there, sfsg ; ^ )))

Rodney.

> > > He was featured on U.S. NBC National News tonight. The guy (who > > doesn't> > look anywhere near his age) drinks many pints of ale a day (he's > > English),> > and smokes. Go figure.> >> > At least he was quite lean. He finished the marathon in about 10 > > hours.> >> >>