RemedySpot.com

Re: methionine .. was: high protein diet (was: LowCarb or LowAGEs?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The methionine theory is just that – a theory. In fact if it were so, vegans and vegetarians should live longer than meat eaters, but the former don’t live any longer than health conscious omnivores (all this is in our files). So there’s some missing pieces here. Let’s not get carried away and assume this is the last word. So far, CRON is the only proven method of achieving healthier, longer life.

See post: # 27013 in which I mention some of the other former longevity theories discussed (and then discarded) here.

Reply-< >

Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 19:54:04 -0000

< >

Subject: [ ] methionine .. was: high protein diet (was: LowCarb or LowAGEs?)

Darn it! I like Brazil Nuts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methionine#Dietary_aspects

:/

Om Peace!

Valarie Devi

Hi Siddha:

Many people here, myself included, eat one, or perhaps two, brazil nuts daily to make sure they get adequate selenium.

However, the data suggest that brazil nuts contain quite a large amount of selenium, and as with all the other 'essential' metallic elements in the foods we eat, it is dangerous in large quantities.

Most people think that eating more than, on average, two brazil nuts a day may be excessive. In any event, whatever my thoughts about this, make sure you satisfy yourself that you are not going over a sensible limit for selenium.

Rodney.

>> Darn it! I like Brazil Nuts!> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methionine#Dietary_aspects