RemedySpot.com

worse bio-markers? Can it be possible?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello -My lipid profile got worse after a year of CRON, six months seriously using the CRON-O-METER with both fat and protein set at 10%. I've lost 15 pounds and have a great BMI and good waist-to-hip ratio. I'm 52, 5' 7 " and weigh 122 lbs. I exercise 1.5 hours 3xs week (Bikram yoga - a strenuous workout)The first number is current, the second number is the last measurement from a year ago.TOTAL = 277 252Triglycerides 98 136HDL 85 68

VLDL 20 (no record)LDL 172 155About the only fat in my diet comes from nuts, a quarter cup a day or measured almonds or walnuts about 17g. of fat serving. Ornish says to not eat anything over 3 grams of fat at a serving but I figured that since I eat so little added fat, this would be okay.

My HDL to LDL ratio is quite good but NP and doc say there is controversy about whether this is truly protective or not. Has anyone else seen this problem before? Do I have a problem? My mother died at 69 from a heart attack.

Thanks for your perspective.