RemedySpot.com

Re: HEATHER__ Wow, it's been a while

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi sure glad to hear that your Gramma is better. Be very careful E.coli has some very nasty side effects it weakens the immune system so anything that comes along can zap you, Antibiotics can only kill it but your body can not repair all the damage that it has done LMay

From: angelbear1129@... <angelbear1129@...>Subject: Re: HEATHER__ Wow, it's been a while Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 11:18 PM

Sorry to hear Grama is still having a hard time... Has any more results come back in yet that you were waiting for???

Keep us posted...

((( Healing Hugs )))

Helen

Helen,We're really not sure what's causing it. The patch they had her on caused her to be unable to urinate, so they took her off it. However, we had to take her to the ER on the 11th, because she was really nauseous and still having trouble urinating. They at first were going to just send her home with a catheter, and I spoke to the doctor, and pretty much told him that's not good enough. She's having this persistent nausea, and nothing I've given her has worked. We need to find something that will. So, they kept her for five days. Turns out she had an E.Coli infection in her kidneys. No idea exactly how she got it. They did a test of her digestive tract where they feed you some eggs with a substance they can trace in it. Apparently it must have come back okay, though I don't

really trust the doctor who did the test. He is a gastro doctor that we used a couple of times last year, and he didn't seem to take her problems at that time seriously. Her regular gastro doctor does not practice at that hospital, but we didn't know that until she was already admitted there. They put her on some antibiotics, and Zofran for the nausea while she was in the hospital. They also gave her Protonix while she was there. But, when they discharged her, they didn't prescribe any of it but the antibiotics. Her general physician said to use Dramamine, Maalox and saltine crackers with Sprite. So far, it doesn't seem to be working. It will help for a little while, but the nausea is never totally gone. To make matters worse, yesterday, when she urinated, it was dark...like coffee (not coffee grounds, just dark brown color). So, they said stop the antibiotics, and the home health nurse would

come today to get a specimen. She did, and now we wait for the results. Personally, I have a feeling the infection is only part of the problem. I read about gastroparesis, and the symptoms she's having fit very well. If she's not better within a few days of finishing whatever antibiotics she gets put on, I intend to make an appointment with her regular gastro doctor and give him all the information I have about what's been going on to see what he thinks. I hope I'm wrong about the problem,but I want to make sure that her symptoms are studied carefully and nothing is ignored.I'll try to keep you all up to date.Talk to you later,

"When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate."

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!