RemedySpot.com

FW: FLYLADY: Testimonial:Holiday Cards for Our Military

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I saw this and thought of you

Christy :-)

FLYLADY: Testimonial:Holiday Cards for Our Military

Dear FlyLady,I love you, the crew, and all the tools I've purchased! It is such arelief to know that I'm neither alone nor crazy! Many FlyBabies may already know about this, but just in case, I wantedto share a great way to use leftover holiday cards: send them to oursoldiers. The Red Cross has a Holiday Mail for Heroes program which distributesholiday cards to those in the military. Information on the HolidayMail for Heroes program can be found on the Red Cross's website:http://www.redcross.org/email/saf/During this season of giving, I would also like to remind FlyBabies toensure they always verify these types of programs are legitimate, sothat their efforts are not wasted. For example, there is an emailcirculating that recommends sending Christmas cards to "Any WoundedSoldier" at Walter Hospital. Sounds great, right? The onlyproblem is, for security reasons, Walter won't accept cards orpackages addressed to "Any Soldier."Have a wonderful and peaceful holiday!FlyBaby M here: We thank this FlyBaby for reminding all of us to takethose few holiday cards we always have left in the bottom of the boxand send them to our military serving around the world. After the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and the anthrax attacks, thePentagon required that mail addressed to "any soldier" be returned tothe sender, leaving Americans without a way to send mail to soldierswhose names they didn't know. This is where the American Red Cross came in to help. They havecreated the Holiday Mail for Heroes. Here is the link to the Walter Army Medical Center whichdescribes going through the American Red Cross "Holiday Mail for Heroes."http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/NewsAndEvents/media/resource/Lists/wrarticles/DispForm.aspx?Id=65 & Please share this with your friends and family who want to remember our very special troops serving around the world.