RemedySpot.com

Another strange thing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Taking into school today we arrived the same time as another youngster who is probably about 17, think he may be quite new to the school. Anyhow Iv'e seen this lad before in quite a distressed state, today he was distressed again, he had just got off the bus and an assistant was trying to control the situation. She kept trying to get him to "Ask nicely" and was kind of restraining him, he was trying to free himself but quite half heartedly, she didn't seem in any danger of being pushed away but the whole spectacle was really upsetting, anyway when I came out of the school after dropping off they were still there, this time he was very teary but managed to splurt out "Help" and again she said "Ask nicely". I don't know how it all ended as I had to leave and didn't want to be gawping but I keep asking myself isn't there a better way of dealing with our very severe kids who just cannot follow the usual rules. Our kids are so incredibly vulnerable, totally dependent on the kindness and intergrity of others it's mind boggling.

Vicky

Guest guest

she was bullying that child , physically and psychologically and more worrying is that she thinks she is in the right that she did not stop when she saw you .....but this situation is all to common DS was victim of the same abuse on his last school ....they made a break out room out of a broom cupboard of 4ft by 6ft something and proudly asked to come and see ....my answer was that my son would never set a foot in it but guess what it is used by another children.

Guest guest

WTF does ask nicely mean to a child with severe autism. She sounds like a

sadist.

>

> Taking into school today we arrived the same time as another youngster

who is probably about 17, think he may be quite new to the school. Anyhow Iv'e

seen this lad before in quite a distressed state, today he was distressed again,

he had just got off the bus and an assistant was trying to control the

situation. She kept trying to get him to " Ask nicely " and was kind of

restraining him, he was trying to free himself but quite half heartedly, she

didn't seem in any danger of being pushed away but the whole spectacle was

really upsetting, anyway when I came out of the school after dropping off

they were still there, this time he was very teary but managed to splurt out

" Help " and again she said " Ask nicely " . I don't know how it all ended as I had

to leave and didn't want to be gawping but I keep asking myself isn't there a

better way of dealing with our very severe kids who just cannot follow the usual

rules. Our kids are so incredibly vulnerable, totally dependent on the kindness

and intergrity of others it's mind boggling.

> Vicky

>

Guest guest

WTF does ask nicely mean to a child with severe autism. She sounds like a

sadist.

>

> Taking into school today we arrived the same time as another youngster

who is probably about 17, think he may be quite new to the school. Anyhow Iv'e

seen this lad before in quite a distressed state, today he was distressed again,

he had just got off the bus and an assistant was trying to control the

situation. She kept trying to get him to " Ask nicely " and was kind of

restraining him, he was trying to free himself but quite half heartedly, she

didn't seem in any danger of being pushed away but the whole spectacle was

really upsetting, anyway when I came out of the school after dropping off

they were still there, this time he was very teary but managed to splurt out

" Help " and again she said " Ask nicely " . I don't know how it all ended as I had

to leave and didn't want to be gawping but I keep asking myself isn't there a

better way of dealing with our very severe kids who just cannot follow the usual

rules. Our kids are so incredibly vulnerable, totally dependent on the kindness

and intergrity of others it's mind boggling.

> Vicky

>

Guest guest

It probably means she is an assistant who thinks dealing with severe learning difficulties is the same as dealing with a small child, something I see all the time.

Vicky

Re: Another strange thing

WTF does ask nicely mean to a child with severe autism. She sounds like a sadist.

>

> Taking into school today we arrived the same time as another youngster who is probably about 17, think he may be quite new to the school. Anyhow Iv'e seen this lad before in quite a distressed state, today he was distressed again, he had just got off the bus and an assistant was trying to control the situation. She kept trying to get him to "Ask nicely" and was kind of restraining him, he was trying to free himself but quite half heartedly, she didn't seem in any danger of being pushed away but the whole spectacle was really upsetting, anyway when I came out of the school after dropping off they were still there, this time he was very teary but managed to splurt out "Help" and again she said "Ask nicely". I don't know how it all ended as I had to leave and didn't want to be gawping but I keep asking myself isn't there a better way of dealing with our very severe kids who just cannot follow the usual rules. Our kids are so inc

redibly vulnerable, totally dependent on the kindness and intergrity of others it's mind boggling.

> Vicky

>

Guest guest

It probably means she is an assistant who thinks dealing with severe learning difficulties is the same as dealing with a small child, something I see all the time.

Vicky

Re: Another strange thing

WTF does ask nicely mean to a child with severe autism. She sounds like a sadist.

>

> Taking into school today we arrived the same time as another youngster who is probably about 17, think he may be quite new to the school. Anyhow Iv'e seen this lad before in quite a distressed state, today he was distressed again, he had just got off the bus and an assistant was trying to control the situation. She kept trying to get him to "Ask nicely" and was kind of restraining him, he was trying to free himself but quite half heartedly, she didn't seem in any danger of being pushed away but the whole spectacle was really upsetting, anyway when I came out of the school after dropping off they were still there, this time he was very teary but managed to splurt out "Help" and again she said "Ask nicely". I don't know how it all ended as I had to leave and didn't want to be gawping but I keep asking myself isn't there a better way of dealing with our very severe kids who just cannot follow the usual rules. Our kids are so inc

redibly vulnerable, totally dependent on the kindness and intergrity of others it's mind boggling.

> Vicky

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

On 23 March 2012 11:30, <amyesuk@...> wrote:

That has brought tears to my eyes! She clearly hasn't a clue how to do her job, how confusing and unfair on that boy.Totally agree with you there. I'm a very verbal autistic and often I dont know how to 'ask nicely'. Also being able to ask for help is very difficult for me if not impossible. Normally if im ranting and raving something is on my mind that im nervous about saying.

if im snappy that means im in pain as ive been today. My EDS tends to flare up when theres damper weather due :-(My mum doesnt get the dyspraxic tendencies related to my ASD, she has a go at me for taking ages to get my wheelchair into her car but wont help me because its my wheelchair even though I have just been awarded higher rate mobility. So pleased I can get my own car on thu. :-)

-- is

Guest guest

That has brought tears to my eyes! She clearly hasn't a clue how to do her job, how confusing and unfair on that boy.Totally agree with you there. I'm a very verbal autistic and often I dont know how to 'ask nicely'. Also being able to ask for help is very difficult for me if not impossible. Normally if im ranting and raving something is on my mind that im nervous about saying.

if im snappy that means im in pain as ive been today. My EDS tends to flare up when theres damper weather due :-(My mum doesnt get the dyspraxic tendencies related to my ASD, she has a go at me for taking ages to get my wheelchair into her car but wont help me because its my wheelchair even though I have just been awarded higher rate mobility. So pleased I can get my own car on thu. :-)

-- is

Guest guest

-- is

Guest guest

This has been posted to us: http://www.gmc-uk.org/publications/12563.asp?dm_i=OUY,RBG2,3F9O1K,27ISK,1 Help us tackle poor care for people with learning disabilitiesIt is unacceptable that people with learning disabilities sometimes do not receive the right care and treatment for health problems unrelated to their disability. .....We have developed a learning disabilities website with practical tools to help doctors, and other members of

the healthcare team, understand the needs of patients with learning disabilities better. .... Doctors can either use the site as a two-minute refresher before a consultation or for more in depth learning. *Sir and the Independent Inquiry into Access to Healthcare for People with Learning Disabilities, 2008, Healthcare for all: report of the independent inquiry into access to healthcare for people with learning disabilities **ICM poll of doctors, unpublished research, January 2012. From: is Green <alexis.atrekkie22@...> Autism Treatment Sent: Tuesday, 3 April 2012, 5:02 Subject: Re: Re: Another strange thing

-- is

Guest guest

This has been posted to us: http://www.gmc-uk.org/publications/12563.asp?dm_i=OUY,RBG2,3F9O1K,27ISK,1 Help us tackle poor care for people with learning disabilitiesIt is unacceptable that people with learning disabilities sometimes do not receive the right care and treatment for health problems unrelated to their disability. .....We have developed a learning disabilities website with practical tools to help doctors, and other members of

the healthcare team, understand the needs of patients with learning disabilities better. .... Doctors can either use the site as a two-minute refresher before a consultation or for more in depth learning. *Sir and the Independent Inquiry into Access to Healthcare for People with Learning Disabilities, 2008, Healthcare for all: report of the independent inquiry into access to healthcare for people with learning disabilities **ICM poll of doctors, unpublished research, January 2012. From: is Green <alexis.atrekkie22@...> Autism Treatment Sent: Tuesday, 3 April 2012, 5:02 Subject: Re: Re: Another strange thing

-- is

Guest guest

-- is