RemedySpot.com

Re: MMR Call to Doc's Office

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks , the appointment is to discuss my views (as they put it) and not

for the vaccination (well it better not be otherwise they have misled me). The

nurse gave me such a talking down to at the 8 week check up the doctor just

about crawled under the table in shame, but I calmly stood my ground. Don't feel

like going through that again any time soon so may mention considering going

private with the single vacc. TA again X

------------------------------

>

>Colleen

>

>I have had 4 vaccination appointments made by the surgery over the last year, i

ring them every time, except the last and told them i am not having him

vaccinated. My advise would be to cancel the appointment and tell them you are

considering having the vaccination separately, then just forget to go about it

no point in wasting your time with the appointment! As you are up the road form

me, i think the Doctors surgerys must be low on funds! BTW if you did go private

and get your daughter vaccinated you dont have to inform the surgery at all and

they cant do nothing about this. Not that you are considering the single

vaccinations but i know the Breakspear do the single ones and on the paperwork

you have to complete it has a tick box if you want your GP to be notified,

obviously when i saw Dr G last week i didnt tick the box.

>

>HTH

>

> x

>

>

>

>

>To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

>From: colleen.rawstorne@...

>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:02:24 +0000

>Subject: MMR Call to Doc's Office

>

>

>

>

>

>

>I received a call from our local surgery this evening asking me to see the

doctor ASAP in order to discuss my views on keeping my 12 month old daughter

unvaccinated. I made my views clear the day her very first vaccination was due

at 8 weeks old at her appointment, I also phoned the NHS vaccination dept and

they said informing my doc was sufficient. We never received another

notification until the MMR two weeks ago but I never called to make an

appointment. Is this standard procedure as I get the feeling I am going to be

pulled over the coals about this?

>

>I saw on the news yesterday there have been 2 seperate rubella outbreaks in

Hampshire and I know there has been a lot of concern regarding the Olympics

bringing a measles outbreak, I get the feeling somewhere along the line

surgeries have been told to knuckle down.

>

>Your advice on what to say at this appointment, which is on Tuesday, would be

well appreciated as usual.

>

>Thank you all. Colleen

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

YOur child is just old enough to be coming into the payment count, I think that's whats prompted this, stosp after 5th birthday, no money to be made after that

Mx

Thanks , the appointment is to discuss my views (as they put it) and not for the vaccination (well it better not be otherwise they have misled me). The nurse gave me such a talking down to at the 8 week check up the doctor just about crawled under the table in shame, but I calmly stood my ground. Don't feel like going through that again any time soon so may mention considering going private with the single vacc. TA again X------------------------------>>Colleen> >I have had 4 vaccination appointments made by the surgery over the last year, i ring them every time, except the last and told them i am not having him vaccinated. My advise would be to cancel the appointment and tell them you are considering having the vaccination separately, then just forget to go about it no point in wasting your time with the appointment! As you are up the road form me, i think the Doctors surgerys must be low on funds! BTW if you did go private and get your daughter vaccinated you dont have to inform the surgery at all and they cant do nothing about this. Not that you are considering the single vaccinations but i know the Breakspear do the single ones and on the paperwork you have to complete it has a tick box if you want your GP to be notified, obviously when i saw Dr G last week i didnt tick the box.> >HTH> > x > >>>>To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:02:24 +0000>Subject: MMR Call to Doc's Office>>> >>>>I received a call from our local surgery this evening asking me to see the doctor ASAP in order to discuss my views on keeping my 12 month old daughter unvaccinated. I made my views clear the day her very first vaccination was due at 8 weeks old at her appointment, I also phoned the NHS vaccination dept and they said informing my doc was sufficient. We never received another notification until the MMR two weeks ago but I never called to make an appointment. Is this standard procedure as I get the feeling I am going to be pulled over the coals about this?>>I saw on the news yesterday there have been 2 seperate rubella outbreaks in Hampshire and I know there has been a lot of concern regarding the Olympics bringing a measles outbreak, I get the feeling somewhere along the line surgeries have been told to knuckle down.>>Your advice on what to say at this appointment, which is on Tuesday, would be well appreciated as usual.>>Thank you all. Colleen>>>>>

Guest guest

You do not know the grilling that I had about my daughter .....it started in the hospital 24h after her birth ....but I didn't lie said that I already have a autistic child do not want another one if she is then I can safely say that it was not due to vaccines which in way goes to their favour , I have the health visitor coming on the 4th so that is going to be fun, but I said that if they were prepared to sign a paper to me saying that my daughter would never have autism then I would vaccinate her of course they said they could not guarantee that .....and I said well then our conversation is over, grabbed my daughter put her on the buggie and walked out ....still get the notes 2 per month but they go straight on the bin.

I have consider the separate ones at breakspear but in the end decided against, each vaccine would cost £100 plus with all the expenses and some of them they don't do separate, except for MMR

they cannot make you do it, just be firm or stubborn which one you prefer and they soon get tired if you can bother to go to the appointment I wouldn't ....

claudia

Guest guest

totally right Mandi

went today to the GP for referrals and the answer was that the NHS may not have funding and that he has to talk to the a*** of his Pediatrician ....and me thinking that the GP's had the independence to send people to services if needs justify it .....when is to spend money they don't call you they don't even remember that you exist ....

rant over .....

Guest guest

I just wouldnt go, got better things to do (like watching paint dry) than to justify to someone (who hasnt got a real clue and only wants the commision) the reasons why i wouldnt want my child vaccinated, they havent made it maniditory so you dont need to justify yourself to anyone.

Im here if you want to pop in for a cuppa and a chat when your passing, if my car is in the drive im in!

x

To: autism-biomedical-europe From: colleen.rawstorne@...Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:23:17 +0000Subject: RE: MMR Call to Doc's Office

Thanks , the appointment is to discuss my views (as they put it) and not for the vaccination (well it better not be otherwise they have misled me). The nurse gave me such a talking down to at the 8 week check up the doctor just about crawled under the table in shame, but I calmly stood my ground. Don't feel like going through that again any time soon so may mention considering going private with the single vacc. TA again X------------------------------>>Colleen> >I have had 4 vaccination appointments made by the surgery over the last year, i ring them every time, except the last and told them i am not having him vaccinated. My advise would be to cancel the appointment and tell them you are considering having the vaccination separately, then just forget to go about it no point in wasting your time with the appointment! As you are up the road form me, i think the Doctors surgerys must be low on funds! BTW if you did go private and get your daughter vaccinated you dont have to inform the surgery at all and they cant do nothing about this. Not that you are considering the single vaccinations but i know the Breakspear do the single ones and on the paperwork you have to complete it has a tick box if you want your GP to be notified, obviously when i saw Dr G last week i didnt tick the box.> >HTH> > x > >>>>To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:02:24 +0000>Subject: MMR Call to Doc's Office>>> >>>>I received a call from our local surgery this evening asking me to see the doctor ASAP in order to discuss my views on keeping my 12 month old daughter unvaccinated. I made my views clear the day her very first vaccination was due at 8 weeks old at her appointment, I also phoned the NHS vaccination dept and they said informing my doc was sufficient. We never received another notification until the MMR two weeks ago but I never called to make an appointment. Is this standard procedure as I get the feeling I am going to be pulled over the coals about this?>>I saw on the news yesterday there have been 2 seperate rubella outbreaks in Hampshire and I know there has been a lot of concern regarding the Olympics bringing a measles outbreak, I get the feeling somewhere along the line surgeries have been told to knuckle down.>>Your advice on what to say at this appointment, which is on Tuesday, would be well appreciated as usual.>>Thank you all. Colleen>>>>>

Guest guest

This was the case in 2006:GPs opting out of childhood jabs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5086262.stm<<Individual GPs who carry out vaccinations are paid for the proportion of children they manage to immunise each year - £995 for 70%, £2,865 for 90%.>> To: autism-biomedical-europe Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 20:37 Subject: RE: MMR Call to Doc's Office

I just wouldnt go, got better things to do (like watching paint dry) than to justify to someone (who hasnt got a real clue and only wants the commision) the reasons why i wouldnt want my child vaccinated, they havent made it maniditory so you dont need to justify yourself to anyone.

Im here if you want to pop in for a cuppa and a chat when your passing, if my car is in the drive im in!

x

To: autism-biomedical-europe From: colleen.rawstorne@...Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:23:17 +0000Subject: RE: MMR Call to Doc's Office

Thanks , the appointment is to discuss my views (as they put it) and not for the vaccination (well it better not be otherwise they have misled me). The nurse gave me such a talking down to at the 8 week check up the doctor just about crawled under the table in shame, but I calmly stood my ground. Don't feel like going through that again any time soon so may mention considering going private with the single vacc. TA again X------------------------------>>Colleen> >I have had 4 vaccination appointments made by the surgery over the last year, i ring them every time, except the last and told them i am not having him vaccinated. My advise would be to cancel the appointment and tell them you are considering having the vaccination separately, then just forget to go about it no point in wasting your time with the appointment! As you are up the road form me,

i think the Doctors surgerys must be low on funds! BTW if you did go private and get your daughter vaccinated you dont have to inform the surgery at all and they cant do nothing about this. Not that you are considering the single vaccinations but i know the Breakspear do the single ones and on the paperwork you have to complete it has a tick box if you want your GP to be notified, obviously when i saw Dr G last week i didnt tick the box.> >HTH> > x > >>>>To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:02:24 +0000>Subject:

MMR Call to Doc's Office>>> >>>>I received a call from our local surgery this evening asking me to see the doctor ASAP in order to discuss my views on keeping my 12 month old daughter unvaccinated. I made my views clear the day her very first vaccination was due at 8 weeks old at her appointment, I also phoned the NHS vaccination dept and they said informing my doc was sufficient. We never received another notification until the MMR two weeks ago but I never called to make an appointment. Is this standard procedure as I get the feeling I am going to be pulled over the coals about this?>>I saw on the news yesterday there have been 2 seperate rubella outbreaks in Hampshire and I know there has been a lot of concern regarding the Olympics bringing a measles outbreak, I get the feeling somewhere along the line surgeries have been told to knuckle

down.>>Your advice on what to say at this appointment, which is on Tuesday, would be well appreciated as usual.>>Thank you all. Colleen>>>>>

Guest guest

Thank you Mandi- just watching bits of it again myself, so hoping justice will be done this time in Texas. Janet To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: Mum231ASD@...Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:11:27 -0400Subject: Re: MMR Call to Doc's Office

Thanks but no thanks, stare them right in the eye and hold your head high!

Mx

Your advice on what to say at this appointment, which is on Tuesday, would be well appreciated as usual.

Guest guest

Awesome, well done!mx

but I said that if they were prepared to sign a paper to me saying that my daughter would never have autism then I would vaccinate her of course they said they could not guarantee that .....and I said well then our conversation is over, grabbed my daughter put her on the buggie and walked out ....

Guest guest

Bollocks, he can make the referral, you have to be seen for them to decide they are going to do nothing and then you have a right to a second opinion, do they think we are stupid? Well yes having been a practice manager for 15 years, they actually do!

Mx

totally right Mandi

went today to the GP for referrals and the answer was that the NHS may not have funding and that he has to talk to the a*** of his Pediatrician ....and me thinking that the GP's had the independence to send people to services if needs justify it .....when is to spend money they don't call you they don't even remember that you exist ....

rant over .....

Guest guest

Its still the case, before the 'new contract' they got paid for each jab they gave, somebody opted out, no problem at all. This money is generally used to help pay the nurses who give it.

Then new contract withdrew that funding completely and made it so you ONLY get paid anything if you reach the target. Kids on the list start being counted from 12 months until the quarter of their 5th birthday. Each quarter Health authority sends them a list which they check and thats when they start getting antsy and chasing the non responders, when income dives to lower target or doesn't even make that one. Its the governments way of making the GP's do their dirty work.

Practice nurses (RN's) are mostly G or H grade which in hospitals would mean you were in charge of at least one ward and work all hours, in GP surgery, no nights, no weekends, no unsociable hours, rarely working without on site medical backup, that's why nurses have to pay for themselves, a full timer long time in post costs more than an assistant GP who does visits and on call.............

Mandi x

<<Individual GPs who carry out vaccinations are paid for the proportion of children they manage to immunise each year - £995 for 70%, £2,865 for 90%.>>

Guest guest

I had a couple of phone calls from our GP re the MMR (my son has not had it) and they asked me to make an appointment and I didn't make it, what was there to say? I didn't want the MMR, nothing left to say.  Now he's nearly 8 years old they don't ever mention it anymore.  

Good luck!Darla x

I received a call from our local surgery this evening asking me to see the doctor ASAP in order to discuss my views on keeping my 12 month old daughter unvaccinated. I made my views clear the day her very first vaccination was due at 8 weeks old at her appointment, I also phoned the NHS vaccination dept and they said informing my doc was sufficient. We never received another notification until the MMR two weeks ago but I never called to make an appointment. Is this standard procedure as I get the feeling I am going to be pulled over the coals about this?

I saw on the news yesterday there have been 2 seperate rubella outbreaks in Hampshire and I know there has been a lot of concern regarding the Olympics bringing a measles outbreak, I get the feeling somewhere along the line surgeries have been told to knuckle down.

Your advice on what to say at this appointment, which is on Tuesday, would be well appreciated as usual.

Thank you all. Colleen

Guest guest

Masterly inactivity is sometimes the best approach!

Margaret

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > I received a call from our local surgery this evening asking me to see the

> > doctor ASAP in order to discuss my views on keeping my 12 month old

> > daughter unvaccinated. I made my views clear the day her very first

> > vaccination was due at 8 weeks old at her appointment, I also phoned the

> > NHS vaccination dept and they said informing my doc was sufficient. We

> > never received another notification until the MMR two weeks ago but I never

> > called to make an appointment. Is this standard procedure as I get the

> > feeling I am going to be pulled over the coals about this?

> >

> > I saw on the news yesterday there have been 2 seperate rubella outbreaks

> > in Hampshire and I know there has been a lot of concern regarding the

> > Olympics bringing a measles outbreak, I get the feeling somewhere along the

> > line surgeries have been told to knuckle down.

> >

> > Your advice on what to say at this appointment, which is on Tuesday, would

> > be well appreciated as usual.

> >

> > Thank you all. Colleen

> >

> >

> >

>