RemedySpot.com

Rant about my effing father

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hiya everyone

If you've got young eyes around then close this message now as I'm not in a very good mood!

We've just got back from seeing my parents and, as always, my father was a real <insert swear word of choice> about me being ill! He said that my illness was all in my head and that I wasn't really ill as no-one else in the family had and I'm too young (I'm 31) to get either MS or Muscular Dystrophy which, if I'd thought about it at the time I could have said "yeah, that's why I was referred to a Neurologist!" but dumbo me didn't think of that at the time!

I guess I've got to get used to people saying that though as when I'm sitting down you wouldn't have a clue that I was ill!

Has this happened to any of you? If it has, what did you say in reply?

Mandy

oh Mandy, that's tough.

It's tough enough to be sick, without folks, especially parents and/or friends acting that way.

Please DO learn to just be aware that they are probably going to be that way -- and just let those hurtful words go right through and not stop to hurt you.

YOU know you are ill and so do your docs.

It would be nice if your Dad did too, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I know that it's hard to believe that you can let hurtful words 'go right through without stopping' (or harmful fragrances, too, for that matter). I remember saying 'RIGHT!' when I was told the method.

BUT I found it does help, a lot.

Jean

(so does praying for the BEST for them....)

Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 3:10 PM

; MSersLife ; MSfriends ; msfriends2 ; MSPeople_UK ; undiagnosed ; UNdiagnosedMS

Subject: Rant about my effing father

Hiya everyone

If you've got young eyes around then close this message now as I'm not in a very good mood!

We've just got back from seeing my parents and, as always, my father was a real <insert swear word of choice> about me being ill! He said that my illness was all in my head and that I wasn't really ill as no-one else in the family had and I'm too young (I'm 31) to get either MS or Muscular Dystrophy which, if I'd thought about it at the time I could have said "yeah, that's why I was referred to a Neurologist!" but dumbo me didn't think of that at the time!

I guess I've got to get used to people saying that though as when I'm sitting down you wouldn't have a clue that I was ill!

Mandy

oh Mandy, that's tough.

It's tough enough to be sick, without folks, especially parents and/or friends acting that way.

Please DO learn to just be aware that they are probably going to be that way -- and just let those hurtful words go right through and not stop to hurt you.

It would be nice if your Dad did too, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I know that it's hard to believe that you can let hurtful words 'go right through without stopping' (or harmful fragrances, too, for that matter). I remember saying 'RIGHT!' when I was told the method.

Jean

; MSersLife ; MSfriends ; msfriends2 ; MSPeople_UK ; undiagnosed ; UNdiagnosedMS

Hiya everyone

Mandy

Thank you Jean... I just wish my father was different y'know? After being in ICU and hospital a few years back I thought he might have been more supportive but I guess not

Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:50 PM

Subject: Re: Rant about my effing father

oh Mandy, that's tough.

Jean

Hiya everyone

Mandy

Thank you Jean... I just wish my father was different y'know? After being in ICU and hospital a few years back I thought he might have been more supportive but I guess not

oh Mandy, that's tough.

Jean

Hiya everyone

Mandy

Hi Mandy I have a sister that say's the same thing about me and I told her her time was coming that she could not make fun of me and not get a back lash from it. As my father told us kids growing up what you give out it will come back to you. She now has more trouble in her life than I do. She told me that congestive heart and parkinsons was all in my head and I just tried to ignore her which I could most of the time and the other times I would just grit my teeth and go on. It was just something I had to put up with to see the family that I wanted to see. Sorry for my rant your question just hit a sore nerve. I hope your Father learns that 99% of people that get parkinsons or ms get it from their family tree. may

From: Mandy <mandysms@...>Subject: Rant about my effing father , MSersLife , MSfriends , msfriends2 , MSPeople_UK , undiagnosed , "UNdiagnosedMS" <UNdiagnosedMS >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:10 PM

Hiya everyone

We've just got back from seeing my parents and, as always, my father was a real <insert swear word of choice> about me being ill! He said that my illness was all in my head and that I wasn't really ill as no-one else in the family had and I'm too young (I'm 31) to get either MS or Muscular Dystrophy which, if I'd thought about it at the time I could have said "yeah, that's why I was referred to a Neurologist! " but dumbo me didn't think of that at the time!

Mandy

Hi Mandy I have a sister that say's the same thing about me and I told her her time was coming that she could not make fun of me and not get a back lash from it. As my father told us kids growing up what you give out it will come back to you. She now has more trouble in her life than I do. She told me that congestive heart and parkinsons was all in my head and I just tried to ignore her which I could most of the time and the other times I would just grit my teeth and go on. It was just something I had to put up with to see the family that I wanted to see. Sorry for my rant your question just hit a sore nerve. I hope your Father learns that 99% of people that get parkinsons or ms get it from their family tree. may

From: Mandy <mandysms@...>Subject: Rant about my effing father , MSersLife , MSfriends , msfriends2 , MSPeople_UK , undiagnosed , "UNdiagnosedMS" <UNdiagnosedMS >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:10 PM

Hiya everyone

We've just got back from seeing my parents and, as always, my father was a real <insert swear word of choice> about me being ill! He said that my illness was all in my head and that I wasn't really ill as no-one else in the family had and I'm too young (I'm 31) to get either MS or Muscular Dystrophy which, if I'd thought about it at the time I could have said "yeah, that's why I was referred to a Neurologist! " but dumbo me didn't think of that at the time!

Mandy

oh sure, Mandy!

We all would have life so much easier if the folks we cared about knew how to be supportive, and DID IT!

Jean

Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:06 AM

oh Mandy, that's tough.

Jean

Hiya everyone

Mandy

oh sure, Mandy!

We all would have life so much easier if the folks we cared about knew how to be supportive, and DID IT!

Jean

Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:06 AM

oh Mandy, that's tough.

Jean

Hiya everyone

Mandy

Hi Mandy,First off sorry you have to go thru this. It seems to me that Family members are the worst for these kind of actions. I no longer speak to 2 members of my family because of something similar. I spent 11 months in the hospital being rebuilt and 2 years of rehab and my father who also went thru a war said i was taking to long to heal and should be up and about already even tho i have had 22 operations. I no longer speak to him for the things he said. I wish i could say something that would work or make it better but i cannot. Just wanted you to know that others go thru the same thing and it's sad that there are people in this world with such a sharp tounge.JeffFrom: Mandy <mandysms@...>Subject: Rant about my effing father , MSersLife , MSfriends , msfriends2 , MSPeople_UK , undiagnosed , "UNdiagnosedMS" <UNdiagnosedMS >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:10 PM

Hiya everyone

Mandy

Hi Mandy,First off sorry you have to go thru this. It seems to me that Family members are the worst for these kind of actions. I no longer speak to 2 members of my family because of something similar. I spent 11 months in the hospital being rebuilt and 2 years of rehab and my father who also went thru a war said i was taking to long to heal and should be up and about already even tho i have had 22 operations. I no longer speak to him for the things he said. I wish i could say something that would work or make it better but i cannot. Just wanted you to know that others go thru the same thing and it's sad that there are people in this world with such a sharp tounge.JeffFrom: Mandy <mandysms@...>Subject: Rant about my effing father , MSersLife , MSfriends , msfriends2 , MSPeople_UK , undiagnosed , "UNdiagnosedMS" <UNdiagnosedMS >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:10 PM

Hiya everyone

Mandy

Thank you Jeff! You are sooo right!

Stay Safe

Mandy

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Money talks. Chocolate sings.

I wish I were a glow worm,A glow worm is never glum.For how can you be gloomyWhen the sun shines out your bum?

A bus station is where a bus stops.A train station is where train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... What more can I say

~My Main Site~[Mandy's Depression] ~My Second Site~[Mandy's World]~My Twins Site~[Mandy's Twins]~Are you a Pagan?~[beginner Pagan]~Want to help me keep my sites free?~[Mach90] [MPM]~Want to hear from someone in Summerland?~[My psychic site]

~Are you looking for pixel painted graphics?~[Mandy's Pixel Palace]

Live in the UK? Want to help someone to live after you've crossed over? Sign up online for a donor card... I've carried one since I was 11 years old!

Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 2:40 PM

Hi Mandy,First off sorry you have to go thru this. It seems to me that Family members are the worst for these kind of actions. I no longer speak to 2 members of my family because of something similar. I spent 11 months in the hospital being rebuilt and 2 years of rehab and my father who also went thru a war said i was taking to long to heal and should be up and about already even tho i have had 22 operations. I no longer speak to him for the things he said. I wish i could say something that would work or make it better but i cannot. Just wanted you to know that others go thru the same thing and it's sad that there are people in this world with such a sharp tounge.Jeff

From: Mandy <mandysmsgooglemail>Subject: Rant about my effing father , MSersLife , MSfriends , msfriends2 , MSPeople_UK , undiagnosed , "UNdiagnosedMS" <UNdiagnosedMS >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:10 PM

Hiya everyone

Mandy

Thank you Jeff! You are sooo right!

Stay Safe

Mandy

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Money talks. Chocolate sings.

I wish I were a glow worm,A glow worm is never glum.For how can you be gloomyWhen the sun shines out your bum?

A bus station is where a bus stops.A train station is where train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... What more can I say

~My Main Site~[Mandy's Depression] ~My Second Site~[Mandy's World]~My Twins Site~[Mandy's Twins]~Are you a Pagan?~[beginner Pagan]~Want to help me keep my sites free?~[Mach90] [MPM]~Want to hear from someone in Summerland?~[My psychic site]

~Are you looking for pixel painted graphics?~[Mandy's Pixel Palace]

Live in the UK? Want to help someone to live after you've crossed over? Sign up online for a donor card... I've carried one since I was 11 years old!

Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 2:40 PM

Hi Mandy,First off sorry you have to go thru this. It seems to me that Family members are the worst for these kind of actions. I no longer speak to 2 members of my family because of something similar. I spent 11 months in the hospital being rebuilt and 2 years of rehab and my father who also went thru a war said i was taking to long to heal and should be up and about already even tho i have had 22 operations. I no longer speak to him for the things he said. I wish i could say something that would work or make it better but i cannot. Just wanted you to know that others go thru the same thing and it's sad that there are people in this world with such a sharp tounge.Jeff

From: Mandy <mandysmsgooglemail>Subject: Rant about my effing father , MSersLife , MSfriends , msfriends2 , MSPeople_UK , undiagnosed , "UNdiagnosedMS" <UNdiagnosedMS >Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:10 PM

Hiya everyone

Mandy

I am so sorry for both of you. Even though my issues are very

apparent (lung - can't breathe - turn funny colors sometimes), the

side effects of all the meds and the way I feel are not. My family

is generally pretty understanding, but most of my " friends " really

have no clue. Even my family really doesn't get it. It can be very

frustrating!

Madeline

>

> From: Mandy <mandysms@...>

> Subject: Rant about my effing father

> , MSersLife ,

MSfriends , msfriends2 ,

MSPeople_UK ,

undiagnosed , " UNdiagnosedMS "

<UNdiagnosedMS >

> Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 2:10 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hiya everyone

>  

> If you've got young eyes around then close this

> message now as I'm not in a very good mood!

>  

> We've just got back from seeing my parents and,

> as always, my father was a real <insert swear word of choice> about

me

> being ill!  He said that my illness was all in my head and that I

wasn't

> really ill as no-one else in the family had and I'm too young (I'm

31) to

> get either MS or Muscular Dystrophy which, if I'd thought about it

at the time I

> could have said " yeah, that's why I was referred to a

Neurologist! " but dumbo me