RemedySpot.com

Re: embarrasing and worried about question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I have M. S. too

and I am NOT a doctor, nor trained in medicine in any way -- but from my personal experience (25 years)

I mostly 'do' holistic -- and can give you a couple of tips to run past your doc

First though, most MSers are deficient in Vitamin D. Please ask your doc to run a blood test to see if you are, and if so, how much. In other words, if you ARE deficient, just the regular capsule will not be enough. My friend was so deficient that he was put on 25,000 units, rather than the previous 'normal' 30 or 100 or whatever...

I also need magnesium and calcium to function half well. And for me the ratio is not two calcium to one magnesium as used to be the usual. Often I need more magnesium than calcium. Calcium and magnesium and vitamin D kind of interrelate. Magnesium is useful for nerve health as well as, you guessed it, moving the bowels. (cf milk of magnesia....)

Also I add -- Vitamin C so good for so many things! and often beyond the dosage in the 'recommended'...

I do best taking 3000 mg a couple times a day.

But to speak to your problem. My doctor (back a ways..) told us to keep increasing our intake of Vit C until we had diarrhea. and then to back off by one.

Soooo... by thinking a bit, should 'get things moving'?

Now you do need to keep the minerals (calcium, magnesium) in balance. I also need potassium and manganese to keep me least effected by the M.S. You can get quite sick if they get way out of balance!

Best to see someone who specializes in them to help you get your dose on them.

But I don't think the Vit C would do damage.

ALSO the Vitamin D needs to have blood test, for taking too much can probably also not be good for you, though some are less certain of that nowadays.

ANYway, there are possibilities, though many regular doctors are unaware....

and yes, even the having bowel movements only every three days isn't considered healthy at least by anyone I know. That is waste products, after all, and they do ferment and produce stuff that isn't that good for you. You'd probably feel lots better being 'more regular'. I am nearly daily, and some I know say they do best with even more frequent than 'daily'.

There are some 'holistic' M.S. books to add to your library.... and they would have better detail than I do this late at night argh almost 1 am no wonder i am tired!

so, 'nuf for now! Jean

Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:48 PM

Subject: embarrasing and worried about question

my MS has been pretty stable for awhile so i don't know when it goes out but lately my bowels have basically slowed down to going every 10days and only if i take a bunch of lax.and 3jars of prunes and p. juice, i don't have the gas or the pain. so i don't know if this is normal or not anyway i always have had slow bowels about every 3days so didn't think anything of it at first and do take antidepression meds which don't help. but i do eat alot of fiber and take fiber pills daily and drink alot of water and the dr has me on stool softners daily but nothing gets them moving. i have an appointement on Jan 8'th with the dr cause i can go for days without eattign and don't feel hungry and when i do eat my stomach hurts or burns like crazy, i have alot of acid reflex feelings so i am getting it checked. i have tried milk magnisia to calm things down along with herbal stuff so figure it is the dr's turn. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.