RemedySpot.com

Re: YASKO Vs CUTLER Help please!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks KirstySince last speaking with you I couldn't get what you told me out of my head about your friends little boy loosing speech :-( . I'm not sure I would of questioned things had you not of planted the seed of doubt!xxOn 8 Apr 2012, at 20:29, greenkirsty1 wrote:

Just a heads up Lis, I've not seen a regression in removing metals with AC.

And no more challenge tests ok!!!!

Just remember if doing AC, there is a stall period. To keep chelating through this period!

Don't give up

K

X

> >

> >

> > Hello I am looking/desperate for some advice.

> >

> > After much consideration and deliberation over which road to take in detoxing my son from metals I have chosen to go down Dr Cutlers route rather than Dr Yaskos.

> >

> > I have spoken to lots of mums I trust and they have all advised me to follow Cutlers path (big thanks to ,Anita and Kirsty!).

> > I have just read 'Fight Autism and win' and it was so refreshing and simple after trying to get my head round Yasko. If i'm honest I am worried that it will take me too long to get my head round the science of it all and in the mean time the clock is ticking away and the toxic load just gets bigger :-{.

> >

> > I am still waiting for all of Josh's biomedical tests to come back but I know from past testing he has high Arsenic and Cadmium. Nothing showed on the Mercury front but I understand that means nothing especially as I used to work in health care, had all the vaccinations going and have a mouth full of metal myself!

> >

> > Josh's genetic results came back from Dr Yasko on thursday and I have been studying them over the weekend. From what I can work out my boy is a poor methylator as he has a MTRR++ mutation however because of his COMT ++ status will have a reduced tolerance to methyl donors. As part of Dr Yasko is recommendations she advises saturating Josh's body with other forms of B12. I'm assuming this is likely to cause a big detox reaction.

> >

> > If I follow Dr Yaskos recommendations with the B12 and start Dr Cutlers protocol at the same time will this be too much for my son?

> >

> > Should I ignore Dr Yasko's recommendations for now until we are underway with Dr Cutlers protocol?

> >

> > I'm really confused and can't work out what to do? I'm feeling under pressure as there looks to be tons of stuff to fix and I don't know where to begin?

> >

> > I have copied J's results below in the hope that someone familiar could just reassure me that it's ok to just push forward with Andy's protocol and that I am not missing something crucial that means I should stick to Dr Yasko's.?

> >

> > Thank in advance to anyone that can help!! x

> >

> > COMT V158M +/+

> >

> > COMT H62H +/+

> >

> > VDR Taq +/+

> >

> > MAO A R297R +/+

> >

> > ACAT 1-02 +/- Hetero

> >

> > MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero

> >

> > MTR -A2756G +/-

> >

> > MTRR A66G +/+

> >

> > MTRR 11 +/- Hetero

> >

> > BHMT 1 +/- Hetero

> >

> > BHMT 8 +/+

> >

> > SHMT +/-

> >

> > NOS +/-

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks Mandy for the link I will check it out :-)On 8 Apr 2012, at 20:49, Mum231ASD@... wrote:

As the test is so cheap its worth checking it out to see, Sam was on 10,000iu's for a while, needs to be balanced with A & K2.

http://www.cityassays.org.uk/

The test will guide you as to whether he needs more. Sam tanned for first time after high dose when we were doing Yasko, before that he neither tanned nor burned, it was so cute to see a little white bum!

Mx

In a message dated 08/04/2012 19:34:53 GMT Daylight Time, lisharrison@... writes:

Hi Mandi

I am giving him 3000 iu vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) in spray form. Josh is 6.

Do you think that's enough?

Thanks

lis :-)

On 8 Apr 2012, at 18:37, Mum231ASD@... wrote:

Is he getting good doses of Vitamin D? My son is VDR +/+ and did very well on higher doses

Mandi x

In a message dated 08/04/2012 15:00:10 GMT Daylight Time, lisharrison@... writes:

Ok after some more research I am feeling chilled and have answered my own question :-)

I will stick with Yasko while addressing SHMT and ACAT mutations. Add in B12 to a comfortable level for him then use Dr Cutlers protocol to detox with ALA - sorted!

lis x

On 7 Apr 2012, at 19:38, lis harrison wrote:

Hello I am looking/desperate for some advice.

After much consideration and deliberation over which road to take in detoxing my son from metals I have chosen to go down Dr Cutlers route rather than Dr Yaskos.

I have spoken to lots of mums I trust and they have all advised me to follow Cutlers path (big thanks to ,Anita and Kirsty!).

I have just read 'Fight Autism and win' and it was so refreshing and simple after trying to get my head round Yasko. If i'm honest I am worried that it will take me too long to get my head round the science of it all and in the mean time the clock is ticking away and the toxic load just gets bigger :-{.

I am still waiting for all of Josh's biomedical tests to come back but I know from past testing he has high Arsenic and Cadmium. Nothing showed on the Mercury front but I understand that means nothing especially as I used to work in health care, had all the vaccinations going and have a mouth full of metal myself!

Josh's genetic results came back from Dr Yasko on thursday and I have been studying them over the weekend. From what I can work out my boy is a poor methylator as he has a MTRR++ mutation however because of his COMT ++ status will have a reduced tolerance to methyl donors. As part of Dr Yasko is recommendations she advises saturating Josh's body with other forms of B12. I'm assuming this is likely to cause a big detox reaction.

If I follow Dr Yaskos recommendations with the B12 and start Dr Cutlers protocol at the same time will this be too much for my son?

Should I ignore Dr Yasko's recommendations for now until we are underway with Dr Cutlers protocol?

I'm really confused and can't work out what to do? I'm feeling under pressure as there looks to be tons of stuff to fix and I don't know where to begin?

I have copied J's results below in the hope that someone familiar could just reassure me that it's ok to just push forward with Andy's protocol and that I am not missing something crucial that means I should stick to Dr Yasko's.?

Thank in advance to anyone that can help!! x

COMT V158M +/+ COMT H62H +/+ VDR Taq +/+ MAO A R297R +/+ACAT 1-02 +/- Hetero MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero MTR -A2756G +/-MTRR A66G +/+MTRR 11 +/- Hetero BHMT 1 +/- Hetero BHMT 8 +/+ SHMT +/- NOS +/-

Guest guest

Hi LisWe have not seen much regression - with detox we have seen things like itching, bit more difficult to get to sleep, levels of hyperactivity but not major.  We have gone very slow and it is important to have the supports in place ist - I didn't really understand the importance of this to start with but it will reduce the detox symptoms as the body is equipt to deal with it without too much of a burden.  We have seen a huge difference using the yasko organ supports (which are not too expensive - I'm only using 1/4 cap of each for the kids and 1/2 of each for myself) these have made a big difference although I still built up slowly from a sprinkle at they can cause a bit of detox.

We also had things like very occasional bed wetting due to detox - only a couple of times.I think there are quite a few UK families now using Yasko - there are certainly quite a few under Dr G.  Most post of the yasko forum.  The yasko europe site is not at all active.

When I spoke to Dr G a couple of weeks ago he said they are now doing some genetic testing for most patients.  I think they use a different lab but he said they are seeing same results as Yasko particularly on CBS and MTHFR.

Like many on this site I am uncomfortable with using Yasko's recommended ALA as part of her compound supplement.  If we need to add in ALA I will only use as per culter dosing - when you have this type of info it just can't be ignored.  For now we are seeing metals pour out just from step 1 and the very basic methylation supports.

I've  found that Yasko is very expensive and in a morning I mix loads of small amounts of supplements together.  If same results can be achieved from other protocol ie culter it works out much cheaper but I still feel that methylation will need to be addressed in the longer term or the metals will build back up.

Have you watched any of the conference presentations which have links on Yasko site - they are complex but go very deep into each problem such as h plyori and lithium connection.  They may be too much for now but certainly worth looking at in future.  I'm just working my way through them but main problem is finding the time .  they are a couple of hours each.  I think it is excellent that she has made these available, free of charge.

BWAlison RAlison ROn 8 April 2012 19:08, Lis Kent <lisharrison@...> wrote:

Hi AlisonThank you so much for your reply. I know it sounds silly when Dr Yasko has such a big world wide forum but having a couple of people in the UK using her approach is strangely reassuring. I guess it's the old safety in numbers thing.

Until recently I didn't think Josh's metals were much of a problem so I hadn't done any research into the different approaches. Josh's prior tested showed he had high Arsenic and Cadmium so Dr G toyed with the idea of chelation but following both Josh's horrible reaction following a challenge test and the results not showing mercury I put it out of my mind. Josh has also recovered to such an extent with Valtrex and HBOT it was easy to convince myself that we didn't need to address metals. 

It was only when I began reading Dr Yasko's book and spoke to other mums about this I realised the significance of the issue and can attribute josh's unresolved issues to metals.Anyway although I am afraid of the regression that will follow with detoxing the metals and am also daunted at having another mountain to climb I am also excited by the possibility of 100% recovery. 

I just need to be patient and remember that regressions precede gains (I am the biggest chicken on the regression front!!)I now feel confident that I have chosen the right path. 

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to support me with making the decision !!Lis xOn 8 Apr 2012, at 18:05, alison rowbotham wrote:

Hi LisI think by deciding to start with SHMT and ACAT you have made a wise decision.  Yes Yasko does take a lot of getting your head around and needs to be done one step at a time.  I don't think it is that different from other autism protocols except that with the knowledge of the genetics it takes away some of the guessing.

Just by knowing there is no CBS mutation would give me a big confidence to move on with certain things (CBS is a real pain and means moving much slower with methylation support, unfortunately we have it).

After been part of this forum I would never dose with ALA other than by cutler protocol and  too have just bought the new book to see if I want to add this to our yasko regime.

I would be cautious of going too fast with B12 as we have seen huge detox even with low doses.  Have you done a hair test.  Amy Yasko looks at this to evaluate lithium levels as lithium is needed to transport B12 (she uses very low dose lithium orotate) but this too kicks up detox.  I suppose this is where step 1 yasko comes in by providing all the supports ie organ support, dealing with inflammation - before starting to detox.

Again others do this other ways - I know some have been looking at prednisolone to combat inflammation prior to detox - different protocols aiming for the same.I don't feel there are rights and wrongs - just what is right for you and your family.  Choose what, its certainly worth keep having a look at the yasko forum - I've learnt so much just from reading on there.  This is what has made me realise a lot of the protocols are similar but just have different ways of trying to achieve the same.  When armed with the knowledge you can then decide how you want to tackle each bit - bit by bit.

It sounds like you have a good plan in place but I would be wary of starting the 2 things together - you won't know what is causing effect, good or bad.  I would start one first for a while before adding the other.  As you have mentioned addressing the gut mutations first, again this is in line with most asd protocols but you have the advantage of knowing where the problems are. We don't have either gut mutation but have iron on urine test so Yasko advises to treat as though SHMT.  We've just started this and are seeing a real difference with bowel movements.

We've been on stage 2 yasko for a while, slowly adding this in and have now gone back to re-address gut. At some point you will need to address the MTHFR and NOS - these have quite an impact to ammonia levels and are likely to mean BH4 levels are low.  We have seen wonderful things with very low dose BH4 but I understand this needs to be added at the right time.  Some don't need to use it if they use the other supports such as folapro but this is a methyl donor so will need to be added at the right time very slowly.

I do understand your urgency and as we haven't done cutler cannot comment on it but you've had lots of good advice from the experts in it.I hope I've not complicated things further for you - I feel both are wonderful protocols and seem to be the ones that truely work - as for doing both, I'm sure this will work but certainly the yasko bits need to be done very slowly.

Best wishesAlison ROn 7 April 2012 19:38, lis harrison <lisharrison@...> wrote:

Hello I am looking/desperate for some advice.After much consideration and deliberation over which road to take in detoxing my son from metals I have chosen to go down Dr Cutlers route rather than Dr Yaskos. 

I have spoken to lots of mums I trust and they have all advised me to follow Cutlers path (big thanks to ,Anita and Kirsty!). I have just read 'Fight Autism and win' and it was so refreshing and simple after trying to get my head round Yasko. If i'm honest I am worried that it will take me too long to get my head round the science of it all and in the mean time the clock is ticking away and the toxic load just gets bigger :-{. 

I am still waiting for all of Josh's biomedical tests to come back but I know from past testing he has high Arsenic and Cadmium. Nothing showed on the Mercury front but I understand that means nothing especially as I used to work in health care, had all the vaccinations going and have a mouth full of metal myself!

Josh's genetic results came back from Dr Yasko on thursday and I have been studying them over the weekend. From what I can work out my boy is a poor methylator as he has a MTRR++ mutation however because of his COMT ++ status will have a reduced tolerance to methyl donors. As part of Dr Yasko is recommendations she advises saturating Josh's body with other forms of B12. I'm assuming this is likely to cause a big detox reaction.

If I follow Dr Yaskos recommendations with the B12 and start Dr Cutlers protocol at the same time will this be too much for my son? Should I ignore Dr Yasko's recommendations for now until we are underway with Dr Cutlers protocol?

I'm really confused and can't work out what to do? I'm feeling under pressure as there looks to be tons of stuff to fix and I don't know where to begin? I have copied J's results below in the hope that someone familiar could just reassure me that it's ok to just push forward with Andy's protocol and that I am not missing something crucial that means I should stick to Dr Yasko's.?

Thank in advance to anyone that can help!! xCOMT V158M +/+

COMT H62H +/+ VDR Taq               +/+

MAO A R297R +/+ACAT 1-02            +/- Hetero MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero

MTR -A2756G     +/-MTRR A66G +/+MTRR 11         +/- Hetero

BHMT 1         +/- Hetero 

BHMT 8                +/+   SHMT                   +/- NOS                      +/-

Guest guest

Hi AlisonIt's good to know you haven't seen too much regression with the detox and like you say the key to it is going slow and having the supports in place.A couple of days ago when the Nutrigenomics results just arrived I felt a real sense of urgency to quickly begin sorting everything out. The idea of having to progress slowly was stressing me out but now I am confident in my decision to support the SHMT and ACAT then add in B12 supports before using Dr Cutlers ALA protocol I am much more chilled! As it happens I have just been told that Josh's hair sample never arrived at the lab so Dr Yasko was unable to review his file as planned on the 28th March. Ordinarily having to reschedule would of been really disappointing but I actually think with my personality of wanting to fix Josh yesterday this is a blessing in disguise!! I have more than enough to be getting on with already so now I am forced to take things slow!!Lis xOn 9 Apr 2012, at 02:02, alison rowbotham wrote:

Hi LisWe have not seen much regression - with detox we have seen things like itching, bit more difficult to get to sleep, levels of hyperactivity but not major. We have gone very slow and it is important to have the supports in place ist - I didn't really understand the importance of this to start with but it will reduce the detox symptoms as the body is equipt to deal with it without too much of a burden. We have seen a huge difference using the yasko organ supports (which are not too expensive - I'm only using 1/4 cap of each for the kids and 1/2 of each for myself) these have made a big difference although I still built up slowly from a sprinkle at they can cause a bit of detox.

We also had things like very occasional bed wetting due to detox - only a couple of times.I think there are quite a few UK families now using Yasko - there are certainly quite a few under Dr G. Most post of the yasko forum. The yasko europe site is not at all active.

When I spoke to Dr G a couple of weeks ago he said they are now doing some genetic testing for most patients. I think they use a different lab but he said they are seeing same results as Yasko particularly on CBS and MTHFR.

Like many on this site I am uncomfortable with using Yasko's recommended ALA as part of her compound supplement. If we need to add in ALA I will only use as per culter dosing - when you have this type of info it just can't be ignored. For now we are seeing metals pour out just from step 1 and the very basic methylation supports.

I've found that Yasko is very expensive and in a morning I mix loads of small amounts of supplements together. If same results can be achieved from other protocol ie culter it works out much cheaper but I still feel that methylation will need to be addressed in the longer term or the metals will build back up.

Have you watched any of the conference presentations which have links on Yasko site - they are complex but go very deep into each problem such as h plyori and lithium connection. They may be too much for now but certainly worth looking at in future. I'm just working my way through them but main problem is finding the time . they are a couple of hours each. I think it is excellent that she has made these available, free of charge.

BWAlison RAlison ROn 8 April 2012 19:08, Lis Kent <lisharrison@...> wrote:

Hi AlisonThank you so much for your reply. I know it sounds silly when Dr Yasko has such a big world wide forum but having a couple of people in the UK using her approach is strangely reassuring. I guess it's the old safety in numbers thing.

Until recently I didn't think Josh's metals were much of a problem so I hadn't done any research into the different approaches. Josh's prior tested showed he had high Arsenic and Cadmium so Dr G toyed with the idea of chelation but following both Josh's horrible reaction following a challenge test and the results not showing mercury I put it out of my mind. Josh has also recovered to such an extent with Valtrex and HBOT it was easy to convince myself that we didn't need to address metals.

It was only when I began reading Dr Yasko's book and spoke to other mums about this I realised the significance of the issue and can attribute josh's unresolved issues to metals.Anyway although I am afraid of the regression that will follow with detoxing the metals and am also daunted at having another mountain to climb I am also excited by the possibility of 100% recovery.

I just need to be patient and remember that regressions precede gains (I am the biggest chicken on the regression front!!)I now feel confident that I have chosen the right path.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to support me with making the decision !!Lis xOn 8 Apr 2012, at 18:05, alison rowbotham wrote:

Hi LisI think by deciding to start with SHMT and ACAT you have made a wise decision. Yes Yasko does take a lot of getting your head around and needs to be done one step at a time. I don't think it is that different from other autism protocols except that with the knowledge of the genetics it takes away some of the guessing.

Just by knowing there is no CBS mutation would give me a big confidence to move on with certain things (CBS is a real pain and means moving much slower with methylation support, unfortunately we have it).

After been part of this forum I would never dose with ALA other than by cutler protocol and too have just bought the new book to see if I want to add this to our yasko regime.

I would be cautious of going too fast with B12 as we have seen huge detox even with low doses. Have you done a hair test. Amy Yasko looks at this to evaluate lithium levels as lithium is needed to transport B12 (she uses very low dose lithium orotate) but this too kicks up detox. I suppose this is where step 1 yasko comes in by providing all the supports ie organ support, dealing with inflammation - before starting to detox.

Again others do this other ways - I know some have been looking at prednisolone to combat inflammation prior to detox - different protocols aiming for the same.I don't feel there are rights and wrongs - just what is right for you and your family. Choose what, its certainly worth keep having a look at the yasko forum - I've learnt so much just from reading on there. This is what has made me realise a lot of the protocols are similar but just have different ways of trying to achieve the same. When armed with the knowledge you can then decide how you want to tackle each bit - bit by bit.

It sounds like you have a good plan in place but I would be wary of starting the 2 things together - you won't know what is causing effect, good or bad. I would start one first for a while before adding the other. As you have mentioned addressing the gut mutations first, again this is in line with most asd protocols but you have the advantage of knowing where the problems are. We don't have either gut mutation but have iron on urine test so Yasko advises to treat as though SHMT. We've just started this and are seeing a real difference with bowel movements.

We've been on stage 2 yasko for a while, slowly adding this in and have now gone back to re-address gut. At some point you will need to address the MTHFR and NOS - these have quite an impact to ammonia levels and are likely to mean BH4 levels are low. We have seen wonderful things with very low dose BH4 but I understand this needs to be added at the right time. Some don't need to use it if they use the other supports such as folapro but this is a methyl donor so will need to be added at the right time very slowly.

I do understand your urgency and as we haven't done cutler cannot comment on it but you've had lots of good advice from the experts in it.I hope I've not complicated things further for you - I feel both are wonderful protocols and seem to be the ones that truely work - as for doing both, I'm sure this will work but certainly the yasko bits need to be done very slowly.

Best wishesAlison ROn 7 April 2012 19:38, lis harrison <lisharrison@...> wrote:

Hello I am looking/desperate for some advice.After much consideration and deliberation over which road to take in detoxing my son from metals I have chosen to go down Dr Cutlers route rather than Dr Yaskos.

I have spoken to lots of mums I trust and they have all advised me to follow Cutlers path (big thanks to ,Anita and Kirsty!). I have just read 'Fight Autism and win' and it was so refreshing and simple after trying to get my head round Yasko. If i'm honest I am worried that it will take me too long to get my head round the science of it all and in the mean time the clock is ticking away and the toxic load just gets bigger :-{.

Josh's genetic results came back from Dr Yasko on thursday and I have been studying them over the weekend. From what I can work out my boy is a poor methylator as he has a MTRR++ mutation however because of his COMT ++ status will have a reduced tolerance to methyl donors. As part of Dr Yasko is recommendations she advises saturating Josh's body with other forms of B12. I'm assuming this is likely to cause a big detox reaction.

If I follow Dr Yaskos recommendations with the B12 and start Dr Cutlers protocol at the same time will this be too much for my son? Should I ignore Dr Yasko's recommendations for now until we are underway with Dr Cutlers protocol?

I'm really confused and can't work out what to do? I'm feeling under pressure as there looks to be tons of stuff to fix and I don't know where to begin? I have copied J's results below in the hope that someone familiar could just reassure me that it's ok to just push forward with Andy's protocol and that I am not missing something crucial that means I should stick to Dr Yasko's.?

Thank in advance to anyone that can help!! xCOMT V158M +/+ COMT H62H +/+ VDR Taq +/+

MAO A R297R +/+ACAT 1-02 +/- Hetero MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero

MTR -A2756G +/-MTRR A66G +/+MTRR 11 +/- Hetero BHMT 1 +/- Hetero

BHMT 8 +/+ SHMT +/- NOS +/-

Guest guest

----------

Sent from my Nokia Phone

- Re: YASKO Vs CUTLER Help please!

Hi Alison

It's good to know you haven't seen too much regression with the detox and like

you say the key to it is going slow and having the supports in place.

A couple of days ago when the Nutrigenomics results just arrived I felt a real

sense of urgency to quickly begin sorting everything out. The idea of having to

progress slowly was stressing me out but now I am confident in my decision to

support the SHMT and ACAT then add in B12 supports before using Dr Cutlers ALA

protocol I am much more chilled! As it happens I have just been told that Josh's

hair sample never arrived at the lab so Dr Yasko was unable to review his file

as planned on the 28th March. Ordinarily having to reschedule would of been

really disappointing but I actually think with my personality of wanting to fix

Josh yesterday this is a blessing in disguise!! I have more than enough to be

getting on with already so now I am forced to take things slow!!

Lis x

On 9 Apr 2012, at 02:02, alison rowbotham wrote:

> Hi Lis

>

>

> We have not seen much regression - with detox we have seen things like

itching, bit more difficult to get to sleep, levels of hyperactivity but not

major. We have gone very slow and it is important to have the supports in place

ist - I didn't really understand the importance of this to start with but it

will reduce the detox symptoms as the body is equipt to deal with it without too

much of a burden. We have seen a huge difference using the yasko organ supports

(which are not too expensive - I'm only using 1/4 cap of each for the kids and

1/2 of each for myself) these have made a big difference although I still built

up slowly from a sprinkle at they can cause a bit of detox.

>

> We also had things like very occasional bed wetting due to detox - only a

couple of times.

>

> I think there are quite a few UK families now using Yasko - there are

certainly quite a few under Dr G. Most post of the yasko forum. The yasko

europe site is not at all active.

>

> When I spoke to Dr G a couple of weeks ago he said they are now doing some

genetic testing for most patients. I think they use a different lab but he said

they are seeing same results as Yasko particularly on CBS and MTHFR.

>

> Like many on this site I am uncomfortable with using Yasko's recommended ALA

as part of her compound supplement. If we need to add in ALA I will only use as

per culter dosing - when you have this type of info it just can't be ignored.

For now we are seeing metals pour out just from step 1 and the very basic

methylation supports.

>

> I've found that Yasko is very expensive and in a morning I mix loads of small

amounts of supplements together. If same results can be achieved from other

protocol ie culter it works out much cheaper but I still feel that methylation

will need to be addressed in the longer term or the metals will build back up.

>

> Have you watched any of the conference presentations which have links on Yasko

site - they are complex but go very deep into each problem such as h plyori and

lithium connection. They may be too much for now but certainly worth looking at

in future. I'm just working my way through them but main problem is finding the

time . they are a couple of hours each. I think it is excellent that she has

made these available, free of charge.

>

> BW

>

> Alison R

> Alison R

> On 8 April 2012 19:08, Lis Kent <lisharrison@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Alison

>

>

> Thank you so much for your reply. I know it sounds silly when Dr Yasko has

such a big world wide forum but having a couple of people in the UK using her

approach is strangely reassuring. I guess it's the old safety in numbers thing.

>

> Until recently I didn't think Josh's metals were much of a problem so I hadn't

done any research into the different approaches. Josh's prior tested showed he

had high Arsenic and Cadmium so Dr G toyed with the idea of chelation but

following both Josh's horrible reaction following a challenge test and the

results not showing mercury I put it out of my mind. Josh has also recovered to

such an extent with Valtrex and HBOT it was easy to convince myself that we

didn't need to address metals.

> It was only when I began reading Dr Yasko's book and spoke to other mums

about this I realised the significance of the issue and can attribute josh's

unresolved issues to metals.

>

> Anyway although I am afraid of the regression that will follow with detoxing

the metals and am also daunted at having another mountain to climb I am also

excited by the possibility of 100% recovery.

>

> I just need to be patient and remember that regressions precede gains (I am

the biggest chicken on the regression front!!)

>

> I now feel confident that I have chosen the right path.

>

> Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to support me with making the

decision !!

>

> Lis x

>

>

> On 8 Apr 2012, at 18:05, alison rowbotham wrote:

>

>>

>> Hi Lis

>>

>>

>> I think by deciding to start with SHMT and ACAT you have made a wise

decision. Yes Yasko does take a lot of getting your head around and needs to be

done one step at a time. I don't think it is that different from other autism

protocols except that with the knowledge of the genetics it takes away some of

the guessing.

>>

>> Just by knowing there is no CBS mutation would give me a big confidence to

move on with certain things (CBS is a real pain and means moving much slower

with methylation support, unfortunately we have it).

>>

>> After been part of this forum I would never dose with ALA other than by

cutler protocol and too have just bought the new book to see if I want to add

this to our yasko regime.

>>

>> I would be cautious of going too fast with B12 as we have seen huge detox

even with low doses. Have you done a hair test. Amy Yasko looks at this to

evaluate lithium levels as lithium is needed to transport B12 (she uses very low

dose lithium orotate) but this too kicks up detox. I suppose this is where step

1 yasko comes in by providing all the supports ie organ support, dealing with

inflammation - before starting to detox.

>>

>> Again others do this other ways - I know some have been looking at

prednisolone to combat inflammation prior to detox - different protocols aiming

for the same.

>>

>> I don't feel there are rights and wrongs - just what is right for you and

your family. Choose what, its certainly worth keep having a look at the yasko

forum - I've learnt so much just from reading on there. This is what has made

me realise a lot of the protocols are similar but just have different ways of

trying to achieve the same. When armed with the knowledge you can then decide

how you want to tackle each bit - bit by bit.

>>

>> It sounds like you have a good plan in place but I would be wary of starting

the 2 things together - you won't know what is causing effect, good or bad. I

would start one first for a while before adding the other. As you have

mentioned addressing the gut mutations first, again this is in line with most

asd protocols but you have the advantage of knowing where the problems are. We

don't have either gut mutation but have iron on urine test so Yasko advises to

treat as though SHMT. We've just started this and are seeing a real difference

with bowel movements.

>>

>> We've been on stage 2 yasko for a while, slowly adding this in and have now

gone back to re-address gut.

>>

>> At some point you will need to address the MTHFR and NOS - these have quite

an impact to ammonia levels and are likely to mean BH4 levels are low. We have

seen wonderful things with very low dose BH4 but I understand this needs to be

added at the right time. Some don't need to use it if they use the other

supports such as folapro but this is a methyl donor so will need to be added at

the right time very slowly.

>>

>> I do understand your urgency and as we haven't done cutler cannot comment on

it but you've had lots of good advice from the experts in it.

>>

>> I hope I've not complicated things further for you - I feel both are

wonderful protocols and seem to be the ones that truely work - as for doing

both, I'm sure this will work but certainly the yasko bits need to be done very

slowly.

>>

>>

>> Best wishes

>>

>> Alison R

>> On 7 April 2012 19:38, lis harrison <lisharrison@...> wrote:

>>

>>

>> Hello I am looking/desperate for some advice.

>>

>> After much consideration and deliberation over which road to take in detoxing

my son from metals I have chosen to go down Dr Cutlers route rather than Dr

Yaskos.

>>

>> I have spoken to lots of mums I trust and they have all advised me to follow

Cutlers path (big thanks to ,Anita and Kirsty!).

>> I have just read 'Fight Autism and win' and it was so refreshing and simple

after trying to get my head round Yasko. If i'm honest I am worried that it will

take me too long to get my head round the science of it all and in the mean time

the clock is ticking away and the toxic load just gets bigger :-{.

>>

>> I am still waiting for all of Josh's biomedical tests to come back but I know

from past testing he has high Arsenic and Cadmium. Nothing showed on the Mercury

front but I understand that means nothing especially as I used to work in health

care, had all the vaccinations going and have a mouth full of metal myself!

>>

>> Josh's genetic results came back from Dr Yasko on thursday and I have been

studying them over the weekend. From what I can work out my boy is a poor

methylator as he has a MTRR++ mutation however because of his COMT ++ status

will have a reduced tolerance to methyl donors. As part of Dr Yasko is

recommendations she advises saturating Josh's body with other forms of B12. I'm

assuming this is likely to cause a big detox reaction.

>>

>> If I follow Dr Yaskos recommendations with the B12 and start Dr Cutlers

protocol at the same time will this be too much for my son?

>>

>> Should I ignore Dr Yasko's recommendations for now until we are underway with

Dr Cutlers protocol?

>>

>> I'm really confused and can't work out what to do? I'm feeling under pressure

as there looks to be tons of stuff to fix and I don't know where to begin?

>>

>> I have copied J's results below in the hope that someone familiar could just

reassure me that it's ok to just push forward with Andy's protocol and that I am

not missing something crucial that means I should stick to Dr Yasko's.?

>>

>> Thank in advance to anyone that can help!! x

>>

>> COMT V158M +/+

>>

>> COMT H62H +/+

>>

>> VDR Taq +/+

>>

>> MAO A R297R +/+

>>

>> ACAT 1-02 +/- Hetero