RemedySpot.com

Re: Eye test/Kirsty?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Vicky we had it done and Ian Jodan said he wasnt sure it would do anything for Harry, which it hasnt done but all that said i would change a thing i would've still gone and got it checked out just to be certain, but thats just me personally. Ian does kinesiology on the child through you, for example one of the things we had to do was for me to place my hand on Harry whilst chewing a sweet and watching the different colours, sometimes the sweet goes sour but it didnt happen with us, there is another one where you have to balance on one foot and look at the colours and if you loss your balance on any of the colours, again nothing happened with us. xAutism Treatment From: MaddiganV@...Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 06:29:41 -0400Subject: Eye test/Kirsty?

Meant to get back on this, Kirsty can you say what it was that your boy had difficulty with?

Do kids have to follow complex instructions? Anyone else had it done on a very severe non verbal? Was it useful? What recommendations did you get?

Still debating the petrol issue here.

TIA

Vicky

Guest guest

Vicky we had it done and Ian Jodan said he wasnt sure it would do anything for Harry, which it hasnt done but all that said i would change a thing i would've still gone and got it checked out just to be certain, but thats just me personally. Ian does kinesiology on the child through you, for example one of the things we had to do was for me to place my hand on Harry whilst chewing a sweet and watching the different colours, sometimes the sweet goes sour but it didnt happen with us, there is another one where you have to balance on one foot and look at the colours and if you loss your balance on any of the colours, again nothing happened with us. xAutism Treatment From: MaddiganV@...Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 06:29:41 -0400Subject: Eye test/Kirsty?

Meant to get back on this, Kirsty can you say what it was that your boy had difficulty with?

Do kids have to follow complex instructions? Anyone else had it done on a very severe non verbal? Was it useful? What recommendations did you get?

TIA

Vicky

Guest guest

Oh gawd that sweet business sounds a bit flakey! Here's the thing husband will be coming and he's a pain in the rear end at the best of times, so worried what he would think of that! If it weren't for the petrol issue then I would just go ahead because I want to investigate absolutely everything now that is getting older but can just imagine the flak if we drive all the way up there and he's asked to chew a sweet!

Vicky

Eye test/Kirsty?

TIA

Vicky

Guest guest

Oh gawd that sweet business sounds a bit flakey! Here's the thing husband will be coming and he's a pain in the rear end at the best of times, so worried what he would think of that! If it weren't for the petrol issue then I would just go ahead because I want to investigate absolutely everything now that is getting older but can just imagine the flak if we drive all the way up there and he's asked to chew a sweet!

Vicky

Eye test/Kirsty?

TIA

Vicky

Guest guest

Ha Ha i know it sound bizarre but loads of people have had amazing results with him. x Autism Treatment From: MaddiganV@...Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 07:20:46 -0400Subject: Re: Eye test/Kirsty?

Vicky

Eye test/Kirsty?

TIA

Vicky

Guest guest

Ha Ha i know it sound bizarre but loads of people have had amazing results with him. x Autism Treatment From: MaddiganV@...Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 07:20:46 -0400Subject: Re: Eye test/Kirsty?

Vicky

Eye test/Kirsty?

TIA

Vicky

Guest guest

Hi VickiI went on on one of Ian Jordans courses and he did all kinds of experiments on us ,it was pretty incredible. We did things like slapped ourselves hard then looked at different colours.looking at red made my arm hurt more but blue made it hurt less!A friend of mine who was having difficulty swallowing due to syringomyelia, he made her over fill her mouth with sweets ,chew then look at different colours, she could swallow more easily with certain colours but chocked when she looked at others.A woman in the audience who had face blindness saw her face as a whole for the first time with blue lenses.She was in floods of tears.He assessed my Sophie at her school. She has very severe autism.He gave her some blue glasses which she wears at school. Her handwriting became much smaller and neater when wearing them!Ayre sounds a really nice place for a vist. hope you have a good trip.KathSent from my iPadOn 1 Apr 2012, at 12:55, michelle lacey <michelle0471@...> wrote:

Vicky

Eye test/Kirsty?

TIA

Vicky

=

Guest guest

Hi VickiI went on on one of Ian Jordans courses and he did all kinds of experiments on us ,it was pretty incredible. We did things like slapped ourselves hard then looked at different colours.looking at red made my arm hurt more but blue made it hurt less!A friend of mine who was having difficulty swallowing due to syringomyelia, he made her over fill her mouth with sweets ,chew then look at different colours, she could swallow more easily with certain colours but chocked when she looked at others.A woman in the audience who had face blindness saw her face as a whole for the first time with blue lenses.She was in floods of tears.He assessed my Sophie at her school. She has very severe autism.He gave her some blue glasses which she wears at school. Her handwriting became much smaller and neater when wearing them!Ayre sounds a really nice place for a vist. hope you have a good trip.KathSent from my iPadOn 1 Apr 2012, at 12:55, michelle lacey <michelle0471@...> wrote:

Vicky

Eye test/Kirsty?

TIA

Vicky

=

Guest guest

Thanks Kath.

is nowhere near handwriting, this is the thing, not sure he could actually follow any instruction, it could be just random. I know he did say he could test severe children but maybe his idea of severe and mine are 2 different things?

At the moment it's often unclear whether can follow ST requests, sometimes he appears to follow through, other times he appears not to have a clue what's going on and he has never actually had an assessment done where the therapist could complete the tests as designed, mostly they have been observation.

This isn't necessarily behaviour, more level of functioning, possible LD, he does have SLD as over and above autism on his diagnosis, but behaviour could also kick in.

Vicky

Guest guest

Apologies if this comes up twice, cant see my earlier post - Vicky, I took my

two boys to see Ian last summer. Joe has severe autism and is non-verbal. Sam is

dyslexic, not autistic. The tests Ian did were very different for both of them.

For the different lenses, the tests took place in a side room, which is quite

small, so only room for one parent to accompany (i.e. you!!). For Sam, he did

the sweet thing and asked him questions whilst looking at a computer screen

through different coloured overlays. He did a few other things like asking Sam

to hit him wearing different lenses, he was much stronger with blue.

With Joe the test was very much on body language. Joe was quite happy sitting

in Ian's chair but got quite restless when the red overlay was used. He visably

relaxed when the blue overlay was used. He also asked him a couple of questions

offering Joe the choice of two answers to point to, but these were just to back

up the visual assessments.

He did extra testing with Sam in the main part of the shop, in front of my

husband, things like getting him to spin round with lenses on and watching him

fall over when he took them off, reading aloud from a book with lenses on and

without (Sam lost his place, stumbled over words, etc without lenses, read well

with them).

I think he is probably very used to skeptical husbands.

Both boys were given blue lenses, Sam reads and spells better with them though

he doesnt particularly like wearing them. His school are revising for SATS at

the moment and Sam's reading has gone from level 3A without glasses to level 5c

with them (i.e. from below average to above average). He doesnt like wearing

them though but I think thats more to do with being 11 years old.

Joe doesnt wear his much but we are working on it.

x

>

> Thanks Kath.

> is nowhere near handwriting, this is the thing, not sure he could

> actually follow any instruction, it could be just random. I know he did say

> he could test severe children but maybe his idea of severe and mine are 2

> different things?

> At the moment it's often unclear whether can follow ST requests,

> sometimes he appears to follow through, other times he appears not to have a

> clue what's going on and he has never actually had an assessment done where

> the therapist could complete the tests as designed, mostly they have been

> observation.

> This isn't necessarily behaviour, more level of functioning, possible LD,

> he does have SLD as over and above autism on his diagnosis, but behaviour

> could also kick in.

> Vicky

>

Guest guest

Apologies if this comes up twice, cant see my earlier post - Vicky, I took my

two boys to see Ian last summer. Joe has severe autism and is non-verbal. Sam is

dyslexic, not autistic. The tests Ian did were very different for both of them.

For the different lenses, the tests took place in a side room, which is quite

small, so only room for one parent to accompany (i.e. you!!). For Sam, he did

the sweet thing and asked him questions whilst looking at a computer screen

through different coloured overlays. He did a few other things like asking Sam

to hit him wearing different lenses, he was much stronger with blue.

With Joe the test was very much on body language. Joe was quite happy sitting

in Ian's chair but got quite restless when the red overlay was used. He visably

relaxed when the blue overlay was used. He also asked him a couple of questions

offering Joe the choice of two answers to point to, but these were just to back

up the visual assessments.

He did extra testing with Sam in the main part of the shop, in front of my

husband, things like getting him to spin round with lenses on and watching him

fall over when he took them off, reading aloud from a book with lenses on and

without (Sam lost his place, stumbled over words, etc without lenses, read well

with them).

I think he is probably very used to skeptical husbands.

Both boys were given blue lenses, Sam reads and spells better with them though

he doesnt particularly like wearing them. His school are revising for SATS at

the moment and Sam's reading has gone from level 3A without glasses to level 5c

with them (i.e. from below average to above average). He doesnt like wearing

them though but I think thats more to do with being 11 years old.

Joe doesnt wear his much but we are working on it.

x

>

> Thanks Kath.

> is nowhere near handwriting, this is the thing, not sure he could

> actually follow any instruction, it could be just random. I know he did say

> he could test severe children but maybe his idea of severe and mine are 2

> different things?

> At the moment it's often unclear whether can follow ST requests,

> sometimes he appears to follow through, other times he appears not to have a

> clue what's going on and he has never actually had an assessment done where

> the therapist could complete the tests as designed, mostly they have been

> observation.