RemedySpot.com

Re: Dogs and Christmas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just wanted to send you all a quick update while I remembered! There were loads of suggestions in reply to this but we have, today, found the answer! I tried the "ack ack" suggestion on Christmas day as it was the only one I remembered and it didn't work unfortunately! However, I tried the hand in front of Rodney and saying stop and it worked! Thank you so so much to whoever suggested that!! Hopefully I'll remember to keep doing it now that I know what to do and Rodney knows what to expect from me... especially as I gave him plenty of love when I was safely seated!

Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 4:39 PM

; MSersLife ; MSfriends ; msfriends2 ; MSPeople_UK ; undiagnosed ; UNdiagnosedMS

Subject: Dogs and Christmas

Hiya everyone

We are spending Christmas Day with Steve's family and they have got a big (my waist on all fours) puppy who loves it when we go over and he jumps up at us when we arrive or move from one room to another. This isn't usually a problem as I go in with my back against the wall so that Rodney (the dog) doesn't push me over and I stay like that until he has calmed down then Steve helps me to the sofa where Rodney jumps all over me again! lol. Rodney is adorable but he is very heavy and excitable and loves getting involved in unwrapping pressies and has a great time with the wrapping paper so he is going to go nuts on Thursday! lol

We are going to hopefully get him a doggy stocking or a toy or something which will hopefully calm him down for a few minutes.

Here's the question: Other than constantly leaning against a wall (not practical from the way my in-laws have organised the house) how can I get Rodney to calm down enough to move from room to room without knocking me over? Have any dog owners here got any tips for someone who isn't steady on her feet at the best of times please?

Thank you!

Mandy