RemedySpot.com

Re: Prove

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When I looked into changing my Medicare D (for those of you that do not live in the United States - it is the Prescription part of Medicare or as I call it NO CARE.)

I called Medicare to find a plan that you do not have to get Prior Approvals or Quantity Limits and when the drug Prograf came into the conversation (that is my anti-rejection med that fools my body to think that my Donor Liver is mine and not reject it.)

He said I had to have proof that I had a Liver Transplant because Medicare did not pay for my Transplant my private insurance did.

I cannot remember when Medicare D started but I think this is the 3rd or 4th year coming up in Jan 2009. I have been on Prograf

since May 15th 1995 - the date of my Liver Transplant and Medicare D has been paying for Prograf for all the years since Medicare D came into the picture. I said I have pictures of my scar. It is an upside down Y - like the hood ornament on a Mercedes Automobile.

So for those of you that your family and friends do not believe you My Country does not believe me.

I am extremely ill right now caring 30 lbs of fluid/edema that the Liver is not getting out. When I walk the fluid in my feet moves around. The only caregiver I have is me. Even though how sick I am I have been very supportive to people in this group. Either

thru the group or off group. I believe some of you can say that I have been doing that. Like yesterday when Mandy was going thru a hard time (I sleep from 9am to 3-4pm.) I got up to go to the bathroom and saw Mandy's Post and I cannot ignore someone that I know and care about I wanted her to be in a more comfortable place. I hurt when I know my email friends are hurting. I was a House Mother of a Half Way house for Men that came out of Prison or Mental Hospitals. I was able to get that job because of my College Courses and Graduate Courses.

Thanks for allowing me to VENT - I need to do that right now. My computer friends are my family - I have no other.

Right now there are many things working against me and that is why I am sharing ALL of this.

This is very brave of me right now but I am going to show you a photos stored on my hard drive to show what I said above. Knowing that there are around 888 members in this group and I only know a few and only a few post. I need someone to TRUST ME.

If you are a person that cannot handle scars etc do not scroll down!!!!

1 1/2 hr Post Transplant - I woke up in the Operating Room

and was alert - the above photo I did not have a breathing

tube in it had already been removed. I was only in

ICU for 20 hours. In 36 hours after transplant I

was out of ICU and walked twice around the

Nurses Station with people holding the things I was

hooked up to. I got out of the hospital in 7 days.

A record for Baylor/Dallas. On the 13th day

I went to a mall & on the 14th day I went to Church.

Out of hospital first day at The Twiced Blessed Apartments.

The photo was printed backwards because in the photo

the right side is really the left side. You can see in the

above photo the staples stop half way on the right side.

It was really the left side because the scar is from

having my 10lb spleen removed 2 1/2 weeks prior

to transplant. A normal Spleen is the size of two

thumbs under your last rib on the left side.

It took 4 minutes for my blood to clot. I had to allow

them to remove the spleen because they said anything

that big would have Cancer in it. It did not. Once

you are Transplanted Cancer spreads like crazy due

to the anti-rejections drugs. I was two doors away

from Mickey Mantle of The New York Yankees

they did not get all of the cancer out and I watched

him daily drop pounds of weight and he died

about 4 weeks post transplant.

14th Day Post Transplant going to

Church.

Again THANK YOU!!!!!! I needed to do this.

I know this is way to much information but

to me right now it is necessary.

When I joined this group I said I needed

some TLC (Tender Loving Care). I still

do.

Jo Lynne

Oh Jo Lynne!!

That has to be SO hard!!!!

So Medicare has been covering a drug, and now someone who works there apparetly doesn't know about it.

Shudder!!!

Golly, -- I sure wish I had info, but I don't.

Sometimes just calling back and getting somebody else helps, but it might not in this case.

If there were just a service that could help.. like we have SHINE here in Massachusetts for elders... and I think the Pharmacy College also helps residents. and some of the pharmacies SAY they help, although one I asked didn't...

If you still have the Explanation of Benefits for the operation, THAT would be a proof, wouldn't it??

or maybe you could request a copy, if you don't know where it is?

and when you are ill, it is so very hard to be at your best thinking

btw you look SO pretty post-transplant!!! Glad you have that picture!!

Keep strong, and very best wishes for getting what you need!!

Jean

Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 4:33 PM

Subject: Re: Prove

When I looked into changing my Medicare D (for those of you that do not live in the United States - it is the Prescription part of Medicare or as I call it NO CARE.)

I called Medicare to find a plan that you do not have to get Prior Approvals or Quantity Limits and when the drug Prograf came into the conversation (that is my anti-rejection med that fools my body to think that my Donor Liver is mine and not reject it.)

He said I had to have proof that I had a Liver Transplant because Medicare did not pay for my Transplant my private insurance did.

I cannot remember when Medicare D started but I think this is the 3rd or 4th year coming up in Jan 2009. I have been on Prograf

since May 15th 1995 - the date of my Liver Transplant and Medicare D has been paying for Prograf for all the years since Medicare D came into the picture. I said I have pictures of my scar. It is an upside down Y - like the hood ornament on a Mercedes Automobile.

So for those of you that your family and friends do not believe you My Country does not believe me.

I am extremely ill right now caring 30 lbs of fluid/edema that the Liver is not getting out. When I walk the fluid in my feet moves around. The only caregiver I have is me. Even though how sick I am I have been very supportive to people in this group. Either

thru the group or off group. I believe some of you can say that I have been doing that. Like yesterday when Mandy was going thru a hard time (I sleep from 9am to 3-4pm.) I got up to go to the bathroom and saw Mandy's Post and I cannot ignore someone that I know and care about I wanted her to be in a more comfortable place. I hurt when I know my email friends are hurting. I was a House Mother of a Half Way house for Men that came out of Prison or Mental Hospitals. I was able to get that job because of my College Courses and Graduate Courses.

Thanks for allowing me to VENT - I need to do that right now. My computer friends are my family - I have no other.

Right now there are many things working against me and that is why I am sharing ALL of this.

This is very brave of me right now but I am going to show you a photos stored on my hard drive to show what I said above. Knowing that there are around 888 members in this group and I only know a few and only a few post. I need someone to TRUST ME.

Church.

do.

Jo Lynne

Oh Jo Lynne!!

So Medicare has been covering a drug, and now someone who works there apparetly doesn't know about it.

Shudder!!!

Sometimes just calling back and getting somebody else helps, but it might not in this case.

If there were just a service that could help.. like we have SHINE here in Massachusetts for elders... and I think the Pharmacy College also helps residents. and some of the pharmacies SAY they help, although one I asked didn't...

If you still have the Explanation of Benefits for the operation, THAT would be a proof, wouldn't it??

Jean

Church.

do.

Jo Lynne

I am so sorry you're going through this. And here i go asking you another question. Is there anything I can do? Make some calls to Medicare, do some internet research on part D?, anything? I also have Medicare but only part A and B, but that can be a pain. I can only imagine how this is. Red tape, red tape, red tape, AND hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help, sweetie?

Christy

Re: Prov

I am so sorry you're going through this. And here i go asking you another question. Is there anything I can do? Make some calls to Medicare, do some internet research on part D?, anything? I also have Medicare but only part A and B, but that can be a pain. I can only imagine how this is. Red tape, red tape, red tape, AND hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help, sweetie?

Christy

Thanks Jean. We have Shiips here for seniors or

disabled people no matter what age. I am 57 yrs young/old LOL

I had an HMO that covered the Transplant and I never saw a bill.

I probably would have died of SHOCK to see how much it cost.

I think it will be okay because a few days after this person

wanted proof I called and asked to speak to a supervisor.

Here is a photo one of the last I allowed to be taken - I look very

ill now. It was my 35th High School Reunion July 2004.

Re: Re: Prove

Oh Jo Lynne!!

Shudder!!!

Jean

Oh Jo Lynne!!

Shudder!!!

Jean

Christy Thank You. That is very kind of you.

I got on Social Security Disability while at Baylor/Dallas

and stupid me I thought it was a Federal Program.

I had to re-apply when I came home to North Carolina.

The person in Texas said I would have to pay back all

the Disability they paid me when I turned 65. I do not

know where our Gov't gets these people.

I have to Laugh or I would Cry.

Love,

Jo Lynne

Christy Thank You. That is very kind of you.

I got on Social Security Disability while at Baylor/Dallas

and stupid me I thought it was a Federal Program.

I had to re-apply when I came home to North Carolina.

The person in Texas said I would have to pay back all

the Disability they paid me when I turned 65. I do not

know where our Gov't gets these people.

I have to Laugh or I would Cry.

Love,

Jo Lynne

The Medicare Part D drug plans can add AND remove medications at any time they want to throughout the year. I found that out the hard way. And there is NOTHING we can do about it. You would think they would let you change plans but they don't. Just another thing that is not fair to the disabled and seniors. They obviously have way too many lobbyists in Washington!!! Take Care, B. in TEXASFrom: gettingthere35 <gettingthere35@...> Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 3:57:24 PMSubject: Re: Re: Prove

Oh Jo Lynne!!

Shudder!!!

btw you look SO pretty post-transplant! !! Glad you have that picture!!

Jean

@grou ps.com

Church.

do.

Jo Lynne

The Medicare Part D drug plans can add AND remove medications at any time they want to throughout the year. I found that out the hard way. And there is NOTHING we can do about it. You would think they would let you change plans but they don't. Just another thing that is not fair to the disabled and seniors. They obviously have way too many lobbyists in Washington!!! Take Care, B. in TEXASFrom: gettingthere35 <gettingthere35@...> Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 3:57:24 PMSubject: Re: Re: Prove

Oh Jo Lynne!!

Shudder!!!

Jean

@grou ps.com

Church.

do.

Jo Lynne

Oh Jo Lynne!!

Shudder!!!

Jean

@grou ps.com

Church.

do.

Jo Lynne

Very glad that the next person you called answered more appropriately!!

and great that you folks have a drug info program for EVERYone..

yup, I bet that transplant cost a LOT!!!! terrific that it was available and WORKS!!

ah, you still looked great in 2004!!

terrific that you had the energy to attend the reunion!

take good care, and best of everything,

Jean

Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 5:16 PM

Subject: Re: Re: Prove

Oh Jo Lynne!!

Shudder!!!

Jean

hi, Christy - I thought we were all required to have the Part D Prescription plan?

Jean

Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 5:16 PM

Subject: RE: Re: Prove

Christy